DmC

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Already I see lots of people with whom apparently ALL IS FORGIVEN because that short E3 trailer had gameplay that looked like Devil May Cry.
It did? I thought it looked almost unbearably generic and by the numbers...

Oh wait, nevermind, that is exactly like the majority of Devil May Cry's gameplay. I can see why the fans were so impressed.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
If only it were as original as Bayonette.

Microsoft+Word+-+Gangster+Edition.jpg

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
It did? I thought it looked almost unbearably generic and by the numbers...

Oh wait, nevermind, that is exactly like the majority of Devil May Cry's gameplay. I can see why the fans were so impressed.

No it isn't.

If you're gonna fire shots make sure you're aiming at the right target ngr

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Though being called fanboy haters that just can't deal with any change hasn't been too much of an issue here, this is pretty good article outlining that it "isn't just about the hair" and all the reasons fans of the series have been legitimately upset. It's six parts:

A Devil May Cry Fan Explains The Backlash
Part 2: It’s More Than The Hair
Part 3: DmC's Engine Problems
Part 4: DmC: Devil May Cry’s Flimsy Reboot Rationale
Part 5: DmC: Devil May Cry’s Disappointing E3
Part 6: DmC's E3 Trailer Raises More Questions Than Answers

I bolded part four just because everything in that article I think is what I agree with/bothers me the most.

I do think it's a bit early to complain about the gameplay, but Unreal engine's problems can't be completely ignored either.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
I just read through that series of articles. I am astounded just how bad this game looks on every level at this point. I mean, I knew it would most likely suck (even if only as compared to other Devil May Cry games) but this appears to be a pure shit sandwich.

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
Aww the Devil May Cry orgy.. I just hope that they at least bring Vergil.... Unless they want to kill him like the hair xD but I'm just gettin tired of this. They keep going backwards. I loved DMC3 and rumor has it that ven the 4 is before DMC2...... They really need to stop messing this story..

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
It makes me suspicious when people go so far out of the way to shove such levels of gary stue "badassary" down our throats.

I don't think I'm going to play this game. It's going to be one self-insertion-nerd-fantasy after another. Do not want.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Aww the Devil May Cry orgy.. I just hope that they at least bring Vergil.... Unless they want to kill him like the hair xD but I'm just gettin tired of this. They keep going backwards. I loved DMC3 and rumor has it that ven the 4 is before DMC2...... They really need to stop messing this story..

I always believe it went 3,1,4,2. It makes the most sense that way. I don't see how in any way 2 could be before 4. The only proof is the inconsistency of Dante's personality, but the actual events are what don't add up if 2 is before 4.

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
I always believe it went 3,1,4,2. It makes the most sense that way. I don't see how in any way 2 could be before 4. The only proof is the inconsistency of Dante's personality, but the actual events are what don't add up if 2 is before 4.
That's what i wanted to write. Cellphones jut make this so hard. But I don't think I'm playing this either... I rather replay the ones I already have....

Scias

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Vega, Kyle Hyde
And this, my friends, is why DMC2 isn't as bad as everybody says.

Serious Dante > Emo Dante

:ultros:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
How so? Emo = emotional and DMC2 Dante was about as emotional as a rock. About as interesting as one too.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Well he broods a liiiiiiiiittle tiny bit [.......] but he isn't anything like... This thing.

In any case, the gameplay looks pretty nice but I'm still not interested enough... I'll go check some Mega Man news.

Oh wait.

I was mostly referring to the combination of his overstyled hair and how he looks like he's wearing mascara in all of the promo art and cgs.

Good job pointing out the brooding though, haven't played DMC2 in like 6 years.

Top Bottom