36cfd3b3b96936d0029c88a854ae7d1e20100916233324.jpg
36cfd3b3b96936d0029c88a854ae7d1e20100916233324.jpg]

What has been seen cannot be unseen.
it's sad, because I didnt notice the difference for a few seconds

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I never saw any of the anime, how did that handle his story?

From what I remember, One Day Dante becomes a babysitter and kills some lesser demons. like. OMFG A DEMON BIKER! ON A BIKE! WITH GLOWY RED EYES THAT HAUNTS A BRIDGE ON A BIKE AT NIGHT.

It was really lame, really. The opening scene of the first episode was the only cool thing I can partially remember.

@thread, I liked DMC3 and 4 Dante.

Now that I think of it, btw, remember when DMC 4 was first announced? Everyone went "BAWW WHERE IS DANTE!11!11" until it was revealed he was actually playable and awesome and played a major role in the game.

Somehow I think (read: hope) they're going for that in this one too.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
From what I remember, One Day Dante becomes a babysitter and kills some lesser demons. like. OMFG A DEMON BIKER! ON A BIKE! WITH GLOWY RED EYES THAT HAUNTS A BRIDGE ON A BIKE AT NIGHT.

It was really lame, really. The opening scene of the first episode was the only cool thing I can partially remember.

@thread, I liked DMC3 and 4 Dante.

Now that I think of it, btw, remember when DMC 4 was first announced? Everyone went "BAWW WHERE IS DANTE!11!11" until it was revealed he was actually playable and awesome and played a major role in the game.

Somehow I think (read: hope) they're going for that in this one too.

I don't see that happening since this is a "reboot" and being handled by an American studio.

An American studio that I'm not convinced can handle a project like that.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
The video looks nice, at least, and gives me some hope for amazing combat /glass half full

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
It's low key yeah, BUT...assuming that he can do that stuff he does with the magically transforming sword?

O yeah. Loving it.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Like what? throwing a car with the sword? meh.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
This game being made by a british studio explains that fucking flag on "Dante's" garbage bag jacket.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Assuming there's that level of control and flexibility with the weapon itself and the environment, there's an extremely great level of combat depth possible there. It's not a guarantee, ofc, but still.

I think the magically transforming sword thing is stupid as hell, but I love the thought of near limitless combat depth - kind of like Dante in DMC4 being able to use any of the five styles at any time. Granted, it was silly, because people tend to niche play (I stick with Swordmaster and Royal Guard, and the hell with Trickster and Gunslinger; Darkslayer, while cool, was limited in depth and scope) and won't switch a lot, but the potential is there.

Also, Sparda wore a monocle, which could explain the flag as well. =P

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Assuming there's that level of control and flexibility with the weapon itself and the environment, there's an extremely great level of combat depth possible there. It's not a guarantee, ofc, but still.

I think the magically transforming sword thing is stupid as hell, but I love the thought of near limitless combat depth - kind of like Dante in DMC4 being able to use any of the five styles at any time. Granted, it was silly, because people tend to niche play (I stick with Swordmaster and Royal Guard, and the hell with Trickster and Gunslinger; Darkslayer, while cool, was limited in depth and scope) and won't switch a lot, but the potential is there.

Also, Sparda wore a monocle, which could explain the flag as well. =P

Have you played any of Ninja theory's games? Their combat doesn't even come close to the depth and complexity of a DmC game. They're not suddenly going to get some inspiration and talent.

Sadis

The Wicked One
Omg...wtfh?! If that's really Dante they so messed that character up. I like the old Dante way better. This one looks horrible.

Ghost X

@I'm Batman: Regarding trends, I didn't mean american teens, I meant japanese teens. It was only a theory anyway =P.

And I also was not impressed by the transforming chain-whip sword, but only because its chunky. Anyways, I'm not a big fan of reboots that start from a clean slate. I guess this is just one more franchise I won't be buying from any more :P. I haven't bought anything since Street Fighter 4 (the original >.>). I want more games :'(.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
The whip-sword is a classic in Capcom.

Little by little game franchises are dying away, one by one :'(.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
@I'm Batman: Regarding trends, I didn't mean american teens, I meant japanese teens. It was only a theory anyway =P.

And I also was not impressed by the transforming chain-whip sword, but only because its chunky. Anyways, I'm not a big fan of reboots that start from a clean slate. I guess this is just one more franchise I won't be buying from any more :P. I haven't bought anything since Street Fighter 4 (the original >.>). I want more games :'(.

Japan loved white haired manchild Dante more than we ever will.

They are already raging.

Last edited:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Kotaku said:
At this year's Tokyo Game Show, I asked a group of cosplayers what they thought about the DmC: Devil May Cry trailer. The ladies cosplaying as Dante and Vergil had this to say:
"What a letdown! I was so disappointed."
"We don't know much about it, though."
"Is it a prequel? Is it a spin-off?"
"His hair looks different!"
"But I'm going to buy it."
"I'm going to buy it, too."
"I'm going to complain about it, and then buy it."
"I'm going to complain while buying it."
"I think all fans of the series are going to say they don't like it, but then buy it."
"I might like it!"
"I'm going to buy it new. I'm not going to buy it used."
"It's good to have low expectations."
"I have low expectations."
"Yeah, I'm going to buy it."
"Me too."

lol

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
"I think all fans of the series are going to say they don't like it, but then buy it."
I think this guy has it about right tbh. I bet at least 80% of the people calling bullshit on the game in this topic, will end up buying it eventually.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Just look at every single treyarch game created for call of duty.
Fans went apeshit that world at war was going to be wank but low and behold everyone went ahead and bought it anyway.

Top Bottom