DmC

ForceStealer

Double Growth
You're right about that, sorry, I forgot that it appeared at all. I rented and beat DMC4 over a weekend. Though this topic has made me wanna go pick up a used copy.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I still want them to release a DMC collection for 360.

This is about the only reason why I'd do a DMD run in DMC1 again :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah I was never good enough at them to do any of that crap. In fact I remember being straight up terrible in 3. I had to get the special edition :puppy:

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
If they really want to mix things up and regenerate the franchise they could get off their asses and actually create a game that pertains to the sparta legacy.
FFS they could do so much with the plotline they created for DMC, they could have Dante going down into hell to finish off what daddy started and even have a backdrop showing exactly wtf was happening with sparta in terms of timelines etc.
They have never once mentioned (to my knowledge) the timeline of sparta coming to earth/falling in love/going back to hell/still fighting in hell.

FFS if they reeeeeeallly wanted to get fans going have dante go down into hell and drag Vergils undead ass back up.
They really didn't need to make dante into the edward cullen of demon hunting.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
*Sparda.

Dante went into Hell in DMC2 and they never elaborated on it btw.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
*Sparda.

Dante went into Hell in DMC2 and they never elaborated on it btw.
He also defeated his brother and the big bad guy his dad was trying to kill in DMC 1 but they never elaborated either :P

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Speaking of DMC2, did no one think of that? Why is that game resoundingly dismissed? They changed Dante's character. And that didn't occur to them when they decided to change him again?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
They tried so hard to forgot DMC2 that they don't realising they're potentially making the same mistakes? :monster:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Who doesn't like being able to beat a game by holding down one button entire time? :monster:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
LMFAO, what a coinky-dink that he looks just like the retarded character design. /dies/

... That music doesn't seem very punk rock to me. IDK, I don't think 'punk rock' when I see this trailer, I think of the BS that kids are into currently. Trying too hard to be different, and then in actuality, ending up being 'normal' just like everyone else. I feel like the trailer is trying to do that too... "So edgey, so new!" - yeah, not really.

YEAH the game play experience better be damn fucking good if this is what we're stuck with...

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Considering that the typical music for Devil May Cry sounds like Slipknot B-sides (you know, back when Slipknot were popular, coincidently at around the same time that Devil may Cry 2 and 3 were v. popular) I'm not going to complain about the marginally less shitty music. Devil May Cry's action music has always tried to bandwagon onto what 'the kids are into these days' instead of having the balls to do something different, so that isn't really a complaint that can be levelled *just* at this particular game/trailer.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but one theory I have seen about this game is that Vergy is responsible for Dante being in the asylum, did some headscrew on him, got him committed, tried to convince him the demon shit was all a delusion, just to fuck with him.

The Black hair and punk Look is Meh, but if he sheds that as time goes on (like if the black hair is a dye job and his white grows back in as he reasserts his demon-ness), that might work.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I still can't wrap my head around why the series needed a reboot. As Dacon said, 4 sold well. Don't reboots usually come when a series is dying off?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
From everything I hear, reboot is the wrong word. It's a prequel, like Enterprise- okay, hopefully BETTER than Enterprise- as opposed to something like Star Trek 2009.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
"We want to update and mature the tone of Devil May Cry."
By making Dante look like Every Other Teenager. Who kind of looks like that guy in the video.

So all those unresolved plot threads in DMC4 (Nero's arm, Yamato, etc.), are those just getting dropped in favour of rebooting it?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
And what's all this about "updating" it for a new generation. The game's only 9 years old. How out of touch could it really have gotten in that time?

And I agree, hito. Given DMC2's...lacklusterness, 4 was the only real sequel we'd gotten so far, I'd have preferred to see more.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
... The guys making it are calling it an origin story.

He did say that DmC will be an origin story and explained how that impacted the character design.

"Part of the ethos of a reboot or retelling of an origin story is to go back and find out why certain totems of a franchise exist," Jones said, talking about Dante's famously white hair. "We want to tell those elements of the story."

It's not getting rid of the plot, it's just going back to before the first game.
You can be a reboot without sacrificing your established continuity.

Granted, I'm not all too happy it's an origin story, either, but attack a thing for what it is.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
So all those unresolved plot threads in DMC4 (Nero's arm, Yamato, etc.), are those just getting dropped in favour of rebooting it?
Not going to lie, those are the kind of questions I never expected the lacklustre storytelling if DMC to ever answer.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm not fussed about Nero to be honest, but I'd like to see more Yamato lore.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
From everything I hear, reboot is the wrong word. It's a prequel, like Enterprise- okay, hopefully BETTER than Enterprise- as opposed to something like Star Trek 2009.

In the interviews during TGS NT has called it a reboot.

Hence us repeating the statement.

Top Bottom