Doctor Who!!~

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
But why would she do that? Random girl in a computer shop has troubleshooting question doesn't seem like a pressing matter that would require The Doctor's attention. I don't think Sarah would give it out for that. My money was on River, but the finale made it fairly clear that it wasn't her.

Rose?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
So the question would be, how did Rose know to give Clara that number?
Rumor has it that Rose's role in the 50th is tied in with John Hurt's character, which could be tied into how she knew to give Clara the number

Or, Data-Ghost!River goes back in time?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
It could have literally just been Clara who gave Clara the number.
Since jumping into the time scar she's been influencing The Doctor throughout his entire journey. She was even the one to push him to choose the Tardis that he eventually did. It's no real stretch that she was also the one to make sure he met her in the first place.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
That's certainly possible, but I suspect that if she had met herself she would have mentioned it by now.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
She doesn't needed to have met herself. She just needs to have called a number and Clara happened to be the one that picked up instead of random person X.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I always assumed Clara got the number from the "woman in the shop" in-person. That's the way it sounded to me.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I always assumed Clara got the number from the "woman in the shot" in-person. That's the way it sounded to me.

Woman in the shop, not the shot.

And, as this gets into why I think SJS is the one responsible, at one point she hands out a phone number to someone and tells them to call it whenever they need help. She never says it's her number, AFAIK.

It could also be Gita Chandra, SJS's neighbor, who was the person I think SJS handed the number to.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
TYPO

You know what I meant, Ryu. :P

Even still, if Clara went in looking for help with her computer, why would someone give her The Doctor's number? I have a hard time imagining that Sarah or her neighbor would know who Clara is and think, "Oh, she should call The Doctor!"

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
So, there're some rumors about the bad guy in the 50th anniversary
OMEGA.

Now, I think that there's been a sufficient amount of foreshadowing for Omega's involvement directly with the Silence for a while:
ku-xlarge.jpg

In addition to that, there's been mention of other elements, like The Eye of Harmony that would tie in to a storyline that involves him really well, plus apparently Moffat really like The Three Doctors, and bringing back something similar seems like what may be taking place here.

Personally, I'd be REALLY amazed if he managed to make a story that works as a 50th anniversary stand alone, AND manages to tie up a bunch of loose ends from little bits and pieces of evidence that hasn't been directly addressed within the main series proper.

X :neo:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Regarding the Celestial Intervention Agency, yes, but how do we know Hurt's Doctor wasn't part of it? Or gave the orders to have it started in the first place? Granted, it's a bit of a temporal snarl, but it's not as if those are new to DW.
OK, so this occurred to me after I logged off last time. Big Finish had a series of stand alone stories called Doctor Who Unbound, each of which was an alternative reality one.

He Jests at Scars saw the Valeyard winning the trial, and being given the Doctor's remaining regenerations. Being a "good" Time Lord, he decided he had to "correct" all of the Doctor's "interferences" in the time stream... The resulting paradoxes eventually caused the entire universe to become FUBAR, leaving only the TARDIS control room, the Valeyard and Mel.

If Hurt's Doctor is either the Valeyard or Valeyard-ish in personality, and considering that later incarnations regretted the Fourth Doctor's inaction on Skaro... maybe the whole Time War was triggered by Hurt!Doctor (could be taken two ways that) going back to "correct" Genesis of the Daleks. And as with the Eighth Doctor Adventures books (in one, the Eighth Doctor inadvertently causes the Third to regenerate early), the resulting paradoxes could be why the Doctor was younger as the Ninth Doctor than he was as the Seventh.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
She doesn't needed to have met herself. She just needs to have called a number and Clara happened to be the one that picked up instead of random person X.

I still think she'd recognise her own voice. Plus, as Tenny said, the way it was said it sounded like she got it from her in-person.

I got the impression it probably came from Rose (there were a lot of clues that seemed to refer to Rose in "The Bells of Saint John" and the episodes that followed it, although I don't remember what most of them were now) but I guess Sarah Jane is a possibility as well.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I've finally seen the last two episodes of this series.
The mystery of Clara finally clicked moments before she jumped into the Doctor's timeline. It was still a brilliant reveal, though!
The
John Hurt as the Doctor
got me onto this. Some good theories here and even more in the comments section.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I might read something about it if an actual newspaper covered it. The Daily Fail does not come even close to qualifying.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
[...]the introduction of the ‘savage’ – and scantily-clad – companion Leela in the 1970s is offered as further proof of the Time Lord’s inherent racism since she was treated as being ‘more primitive than us’.
Oh, absolutely. She was played by a white actress. They were too racist to cast a non-Caucasian ethnicity as a savage! :monster:

Strange how they fail to mention that the Doctor refers to humanity as "dumb apes" whenever he gets upset, regardless of race, creed and sex.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
New episode of Doctor Puppet!!!

This is so cute

i can't even...

There are tons of little hidden Easter eggs in this one, too. :3

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
922974_599503590082548_1415162705_n.jpg

Still a better love story than Twilight.

Top Bottom