E3 2019 Full Trailer with TIFA!

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I feel like this debate has gotten confusing. Can one of you summarize what it's ultimately about again?

I love the honesty. :monster:

Well, my original point was that Shinra is aware of summon materia, understands its power, and is capable of creating and using mid to low level Summon Materia, based on the fact that the Turks from Before Crisis, and the elite SOLDIERs such Zack, Sephiroth and Genesis from Crisis Core, are all shown to use and recognize it.

Scarlet calling the Titan materia "junk" isn't indicative of her being ignorant of summon materia or it's power. I stated that she called it "junk" because she was in fact, looking for and expecting to find Huge Materia. Since, Huge Materia would be of much higher power than an individual summon materia of Titan's level. Shinra could create a titan materia if they wanted to.

FFShinra however doesn't want to acknowledge the setting and lore from the Compilation because he doesn't believe it'd necessarily carry over this relevant setting fact to the Remake :mon:

So, I referenced the Ultimania Omega and what was only shown in FFVII.

And here we are.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
And Makoeyes987 wants to simply argue for the sake of it, and still make snide remarks about my position on canon instead of dropping it.

So, again, anyone wonder about possible additions to the soundtrack?

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Well if there is a vocal song added to it, I'd say it's a pretty good bet it'll be based on Aerith's theme. Or perhaps save that one for whichever part she has her special moment in. Basing a vocal song on the main theme could also work, too.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I'd rather no vocals for any of the themes, thanks. I'd like to hear a piano part in Tifa's theme, though.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
If there's a song, please for the love of god don't put lyrics to the existing melodies. Fans have tried before and... no me gusta. Kate-the-great tried it... (admittedly I like some of her FF9 stuff but I could never cotton to her "Aeris's Theme" lyrics). There was also a parody series another video artist did - with a variety of tracks.... A+ for creativity but honestly it's really not to my taste. I adore those original FF7 melodies - hearing lyrics always pull me violently out of musical enjoyment to the realm of poetry analysis, and the "catchier" the lyrics are the worse it is. I imagine I will toss my headphones reflexively off my head should something like that happen.

At least "Why" it was its own thing.

"Why" was a bad thing.

It wouldn't be so bad if they took some existing songs and worked them into the soundtrack. For example, some of the tracks from My Bloody Valentine's Loveless. They should be songs that were charting in 1997, though.

Reactions: Ite

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Personally, other than the final battle against Sephiroth, the famous "One Winged Angel" in all versions of it, the only other song I liked from FFVII was Redemption.

For non-FFVII songs, I liked the English versions of "Eyes on Me" from FFVIII and the ending version(again in English) of "Melodies of Life" from FFIX. Oh, and Serah's Theme in both FFXIII and FFXIII-2 are good too. And also "1000 words" English ending version from FFX-2.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
Don't think I've ever liked any of the vocal tracks myself, even if I've resigned myself to their inevitability, and simply hope one can be good for once. Then again, do the non-mainline games get vocal tracks? If not, then maybe we can be spared.

EDIT- Nevermind, answered my own question. X-2 obviously did. I'm sure there are others...

Last edited:

Jairus

I understand the concerns, but given how much care they've taken with the rest of the remake, I'm sure that if they do adapt an existing FFVII song into a vocal version, that'll do so with just as much an eye for quality and detail as they have for everything else so far. I could also go for something like "Safe and Sound," which I've always liked and which unfortunately wasn't able to be added to AC:C in place of "Calling" over here in the US for some weird reason but which I still consider to be part of its soundtrack.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I don't know what you guys are worried about. We're definitely not getting a new song based on an existing VII's melody.

It's gonna be another Leona Lewis or Florence and the Machine "collab". :mon:

Ite

AKA
Ite
I don't know about that Rikki thing, but there is definitely a precedent of them doing stuff like this (the Pray album springs to mind, they've been putting lyrics to songs as far back as FFII)

Jairus

They already did a vocal version of Aerith's theme in the early 2000s:
It's supposed to be a bonus track for the FFX OST.

True, but it was never given an English version, and there's no reason they couldn't do something like this again anyway, especially since said English version was never made.

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Completely unrelated to the current topic but still related to the thread: has anyone figured anything regarding a potential meaning in the runes engraved in Tifa's bracers? I tried to find the proper norse characters and convert them into roman alphabet, but all I was ending up with was some sort of Lovecraftian gibberish. Not to mention that I'm not at all fluent in Elder Futhark, which doesn't help my case.
Any clue?

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Completely unrelated to the current topic but still related to the thread: has anyone figured anything regarding a potential meaning in the runes engraved in Tifa's bracers? I tried to find the proper norse characters and convert them into roman alphabet, but all I was ending up with was some sort of Lovecraftian gibberish. Not to mention that I'm not at all fluent in Elder Futhark, which doesn't help my case.
Any clue?
They don't mean much I've been told
@lithiumkatana17

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
Another interesting bit about Tifa's clothes (seems like it was easily overseen because of "different matters") are her gloves!
Nomura said:
For instance, Tifa’s suspenders are inspired by real ones for military use, while her gloves reference those used for riding bikes and fighting.
Look at this little detail he planted there, tHiS cAn OnLy MeAn OnE tHiNg!!!

5P3yozA.gif

Last edited:

Ite

AKA
Ite
It’s amazing that LeBoef was your gif of choice for that post, it suddenly linked these two things together:

1562270576514.jpeg

and

Now Tifa needs her own bike. Driving the truck is NOT ENOUGH. :wacky:

Jairus

omg take it back! take it back!
View attachment 3739

Lol, Conan's always great. You know what the difference between him and Leno is?

Conan's actually funny. :monster:

Used to watch him back in the day. A shame what happened with the Tonight Show, but glad he's done well since then. He should go find La Bamba and bring back that "In The Year 3000" bit, that was always hysterical. Maybe rename it "In The Year 4000" to get around NBC's legal hounds.

And that back-to-back with Cloud & Tifa is one of my favorite shots of the remake so far. Pure, unadulterated awesomeness. :D

Oh, here's one for Conan's "In the Year 3000" bit:

La Bamba: In the year 3000... In the year 3000... In the year 3000... In the year 3000...

Conan: Square-Enix finally completes their groundbreaking megaproject, Final Fantasy VII Remake - Part 1,249. Next up on their development schedule: Final Fantasy XXX. And that means dirty, not thirty.

Last edited:
Top Bottom