English voice acting

kunoichi

dead
Well with final fantasy having such a strong fan base overall, I'd have thought that if bowie was told/shown this fact then he might be more inclined to take up the offer or something like that.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah, why don't you get right on calling David Bowie and asking him. I'm sure he'd listen to you, inbetween getting laid and snorting coke off a hooker's hipbone. :monster:

kunoichi

dead
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=444.msg19931#msg19931 date=1235076303] Yeah, why don't you get right on calling David Bowie and asking him. I'm sure he'd listen to you, inbetween getting laid and snorting coke off a hooker's hipbone. :monster: [/quote]
Not exactly the 70's, I'm sure he's more into smoking pipes and drinking hot cups of Horlicks nowadays. :p

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
[quote author=kunoichi link=topic=444.msg19940#msg19940 date=1235077196]
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=444.msg19931#msg19931 date=1235076303] Yeah, why don't you get right on calling David Bowie and asking him. I'm sure he'd listen to you, inbetween getting laid and snorting coke off a hooker's hipbone. :monster: [/quote]
Not exactly the 70's, I'm sure he's more into smoking pipes and drinking hot cups of Horlicks nowadays. :p
[/quote]

...Wait? The 70's are over!?!

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
[quote author=SOLDIERis1337 link=topic=444.msg19994#msg19994 date=1235088462]
..wait? The 70's are over!?! WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

Where have you been? In these modern times it's all about Molly Ringwald, shoulder pads and new wave music.
[/quote]

you forgot hair gel.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
[quote author=SOLDIERis1337 link=topic=444.msg19994#msg19994 date=1235088462]
..wait? The 70's are over!?! WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

Where have you been? In these modern times it's all about Molly Ringwald, shoulder pads and new wave music.
[/quote]

LOL those were the days :monster:

Where Final Fantasy LITERALLY was thought of as Final.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=444.msg19931#msg19931 date=1235076303]
Yeah, why don't you get right on calling David Bowie and asking him. I'm sure he'd listen to you, inbetween getting laid and snorting coke off a hooker's hipbone. :monster:
[/quote]

Hey, Bowie's got to do SOMETHING when his regular life starts getting mildly tedious.

Speaking of the 80s and retro games, anyone else played Retro Game Challenge? It is the awesome.

kunoichi

dead
Actually I looked this morning lol. Didn't know where to start so I typed into google "david bowie contact", looked at DB FAQ and saw [email protected]. So I gave it a whirl, sending a short e-mail. Who knows if this contact is real but hey, it might sound stupid but if you don't try you'll never know *shrugs*. Also found a few addresses while looking (I'm not writing.)

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
I personally LOVE Steve Burton as Cloud ^_^. I feel he gives a unique voice to him (AND I got into "General Hospital" because of him XD). He just fits the bill to me as does George Newbern for Sephiroth. I can't wait to see who they get for Kefka XP. I also love James Arnold Taylor as Tidus. His voice is so freakin hilarious! I don't think the voices will be THAT bad, especially Cloud and Sephy as they have done several titles now and may have gotten alot better (I know George Newbern did in Crisis Core, wowza o.o).

+ Angel-Winged Demon +

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I feel Mark Hamill or Jester's VA deserves Kefka. And Clancy Brown as Golbez. And Michael Ironside or Steve Blum for Chaos.

SOLDIERis1337

Pro Adventurer
Michael Ironside as Chaos would be epic win, but I still think Anthony Landor was perfect as Golbez and shouldn't be replaced.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
"The worlds will howl in despair for I, Chaos have returned"
Michael Ironside for Chaos bitches.

Golbez has a VA already in the English section??? Why was I not aware of this?!

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Similarly, Yuri Lowenthal will almost certainly reprise his role as Cecil.

Ryusuke

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I really hope Vic Mignogna will voice Zidane. His voice would be perfect, at least to me. I've always imagined Zidane having Ed's voice.
Eh, I just can't see it. Didn't care for Romi Paku's Zidane, either.

How about Greg Cipes (Beast Boy)?

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
For personal reasons, I cannot support Vic Mangina in anything. In fact I hope he dies painfully in a fire while screaming for help from his little jailbait girlfriends. Anyways.

I like the idea of Greg Ayres as Zidane, probably because I can't see him as anything but a monkey (see Saiyuki). :awesome:

Hawkeye.

Hero of the Ages says Shabz.
Edward Elric & Zidane having the same voice just seems... bizarre. Personally I'd love to see Firion voiced by Rick Gomez & The emperor voiced by Oliver Quinn. Crisis core version 2.

However...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDK2vzK5LPk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm9Y5ZtTpII&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD6tzfZpdpM&feature=related

^That guy may be onto something... & I liked the previous voice actors for Squall in the KH Series... but they need to get THAT guy. Idon't care if the personality doesn't match.

Although Sora & Zidane having the same voice? Uh, not so sure about that either...

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDK2vzK5LPk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm9Y5ZtTpII&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD6tzfZpdpM&feature=related

^That guy may be onto something... & I liked the previous voice actors for Squall in the KH Series... but they need to get THAT guy. Idon't care if the personality doesn't match.

Although Sora & Zidane having the same voice? Uh, not so sure about that either...
I like most of them except Juhani. I'd prefer someone else.:wacky:

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
Very awesome indeed. In the third game, he he wasnt as good, but the first two, he was amazing in.

I think most people put down dub actors way too much just because they think it a disservice to the original japanese, which is utter crap. Ive heard people rag on so many dub's that were more than adequate.

Steve Burton does a good job (though he knows nothing of Final Fantasy) as Cloud. Actually most of them do a good job (besides Mina Suvari as Aerith.)

I agree with Nocturne on this as I also loved Steve Burton as Cloud and all the other english actors, but I didn't think Mena Suvari was that bad, tbh. Still, it would be nice for the cast english actors to reprise their roles and I'm pretty sure they will, considering SE really don't like to change actors unless due to last resort from what I seen.

+ Angel-Winged Demon +

Top Bottom