Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

Isabella

Your Mom
Re: Faith v. 3.0

So I was watching that bad English-language trailer again, and it struck me that it would be amusing if it does turn out to be authentic due to the song they chose to use.

This is the chorus:

Whoever told you I would leave my love
Whoever told you that I wouldn't be there
Was lying
Whatever happened I won't leave you now
Wherever you and me will be tomorrow
I know that we will live

You can hear the whole song on the guy's myspace. He's claiming the trailer's real and will be airing on MTV, but maybe he's just clever at marketing himself. XD

Note: I'm not condoning overanalyzing songs, and I really got tired of it with "Calling." I just thought someone here might enjoy the lulz after hearing cleriths go on and on about tiny loves. Ryu will probably know what I'm talking about.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

POWWWWAAAAA BALLADDDDD!

Yes, I totally know what you're talking about.

It amazes me that none of them seemed to understand the concept of a Power Ballad. I mean REALLY.

BTW, Bad English trailer? Linkyplz.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

Dude, there's an entire thread devoted to the bad English trailer. Haven't you noticed. XD

But I would like a link to that guys MySpace. I would like to hear this song in full so that we may analyze it. Are you implying that it is Cloti, Bella? Seems that way from the chorus. XD

Isabella

Your Mom

Ryu just disqualified himself from being a global mod. :monster:

Well, from that last line of the chorus, "we will live," it's certainly not cleris! (couldn't resist) I don't know that I'm implying anything, really. Just that it's sort of an in-your-face love song. Weird choice for FF7.

http://www.myspace.com/bensommerfeld

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

Actually, I did see it, but it made that little impression on me and I'm currently so braindead I didn't immediately associate it with what y'all were talking about.

Yeah... if that's genuine, I'mma eat my hat. You don't jump cut, frame step twice, and jumpcut again like that.

Now then, for the song...

The page links to a fake version of the Official NA AC site.
http://na.square-enix.com/dvd/ff7ac/ is the page linked to from the square enix page.

http://www.square-enix-usa.com/dvd/ff7ac/ is the fake from his myspace.

Isabella

Your Mom

Maybe you were suffering from post-traumatic stress. You blocked it out.

Edit: Fake AC pages? Why the hell would anyone go to such lengths? Yeah yeah, I know, exposure, but why a fake ACC trailer? :duhard:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

lol I like how that guy requires all of his comments to be approved first. It means that we can't really call him out on the subject. :P

Oh well, in due time the truth will come to light.

Either way the song is nice, I suppose. lol

LOL I saw the fake AC DVD page. I actually sent an inquiry to the NA members site about this. I got an email back that didn't make much sense but I think it can be surmised that the video is fake?

I hope action is taken. Especially against that fake site. XD

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

[quote author=Isabella link=topic=131.msg19997#msg19997 date=1235089475]I just thought someone here might enjoy the lulz after hearing cleriths go on and on about tiny loves.
[/quote]
I'm sure I once saw someone complaining about Square having picked Calling, because C/A so isn't just a 'tiny love'.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

[quote author=Ryushikaze link=topic=131.msg20008#msg20008 date=1235093320]
Actually, I did see it, but it made that little impression on me and I'm currently so braindead I didn't immediately associate it with what y'all were talking about.

Yeah... if that's genuine, I'mma eat my hat. You don't jump cut, frame step twice, and jumpcut again like that.

Now then, for the song...

The page links to a fake version of the Official NA AC site.
http://na.square-enix.com/dvd/ff7ac/ is the page linked to from the square enix page.

http://www.square-enix-usa.com/dvd/ff7ac/ is the fake from his myspace.
[/quote]

That's not a fake, they're both the same sites.
Just that it is AC related, not ACC. =/

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

Tets, they're the same content (essentially. The layout of the one linked from myspace is different, and it doesn't all work. News kept borking on me with his site), but his isn't not the 'official' site page linked to from the NA S-E site, which is incredibly suspect if he's claiming to have the backing of S-E on this. That was all I was talking about.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

[quote author=Ryushikaze link=topic=131.msg20130#msg20130 date=1235141576]
Tets, they're the same content (essentially. The layout of the one linked from myspace is different, and it doesn't all work. News kept borking on me with his site), but his isn't not the 'official' site page linked to from the NA S-E site, which is incredibly suspect if he's claiming to have the backing of S-E on this. That was all I was talking about.
[/quote]

Well, it's a S-E site alright. I don't know what's up with the different URLs and such but it's not the only S-E site that has these oddities.
I think the square-enix-usa url is just an old one that isn't really used anymore.

BTW, they don't claim they have the backing of Squex they say they only know they got contacted by Viacom for the trailer-thing and they can't imagine their label would do something illegal.

Tbh, I'm beginning to wonder if gametrailers themselves aren't just misinformed about the release or something. This is all very weird imo.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

Was it Faith where someone talked about that PS2 X-Files game? (Resist or Serve)

Because my brother just bought that for £5 and is contemplating breaking it in half after getting stuck at the first part in the post office :duhard:

In other news: why did that fake-but-maybe-not trailer only mention Cloud and Tifa at the end credits? Is Aerith too important to be shown/mentioned in English media now? Does saying 'friend' over Tifa's image mean more than it seems? :duhard:

Not that I'm that bothered. I just need some on-topic to cover for my X-Files stuff :monster:

Isabella

Your Mom

I'd rather discuss X-Files at this point, though I haven't played the game.

I wonder if they got Mena Suvari to redo her lines? Or maybe it was unnecessary, if she doesn't have any new lines. I can't imagine them adding new Aerith stuff, unless it's a flashback.

Does saying 'friend' over Tifa's image mean more than it seems?
I guess the LTD is finally over. :duhard: Though I think it says friends, plural. Referring to Tifa's boobies, probably.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

That was me who brought up the X-Files game probably, since I own that game. It has it's fun moments, especially when played with a friend and the two of you can laugh at the zombies together. It tries to hard to be Silent Hill, and it obviously isn't. But it isn't terrible.

and lol Your brother got stuck in the post office? Lame. Tell him to keep going!

That said, this trailer is still suspect to me. I just don't get it. :/

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=131.msg20150#msg20150 date=1235149760]
It tries to hard to be Silent Hill, and it obviously isn't. But it isn't terrible.
[/QUOTE]
You can tell by all the doors being either locked or broken in some day :duhard:

I think my brother probably just missed something. I thought about trying it to see if I'd just get it straight away :monster:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

"Oh. A DOORKNOB, why didn't I think of that?"

And the trailer is completely fake. The "Jump cut, split second of noise and fighting that originally followed that jump cut in the trailer, followed by a jump cut to somewhere else in the trailer entirely" is a level of hackjob that I don't expect SENA to commit.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.

I seen the 'new trailer' we're all talking about, and thought - for my non-existent knowledge on videos - that it was pretty decently made; but I was sure hoping it wasn't real. If it is, I think they went down in what we got in AC! But I do not believe it is real. In fact, it's been proven fake, yes?

[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=131.msg20114#msg20114 date=1235124340]
[quote author=Isabella link=topic=131.msg19997#msg19997 date=1235089475]I just thought someone here might enjoy the lulz after hearing cleriths go on and on about tiny loves.
[/quote]
I'm sure I once saw someone complaining about Square having picked Calling, because C/A so isn't just a 'tiny love'.
[/quote]

You know, I'm wondering right now if Nomura and staff get migraines from reading our (all of FFVII fandom, and perhaps hatedom) quarrels. :P

... I'm sorry guys, but I have no clue what to say about Cloti that I've not already said! :P

Isabella

Your Mom

You know, I'm wondering right now if Nomura and staff get migraines from reading our (all of FFVII fandom, and perhaps hatedom) quarrels.
It's more likely that they laugh their asses off.

... I'm sorry guys, but I have no clue what to say about Cloti that I've not already said!
I know what you mean. Which is why I present this ad that is totally OT but really must be seen, by everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev-opyE2AeU#noexternalembed

And now Mako's gonna come in and kick my ass for being OT. :monster:

A

Great Old One

The one that has pages and pages of Cloud apparently speaking to himself and talking about Aerith's eyes.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

I have that.

The interviews are kind of interesting (that is where the 'let's kill Aerith and bring in Tifa' quote came from :monster: ), but I don't know about the diary things. But they're pretty short anyway. So maybe, if I/someone else cba :monster:

Top Bottom