Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Photos006.jpg

:monster:

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer
@ thumbnails: most free image hosting sites have the thumbnail-url option. Just copy-and-paste. Also, simply posting a link would be fine too. That's what a lot of us here do.

A

Great Old One
This thread moves too fast.

Gahaha. I like that art Ali. >_<
Well, it was agiven that you would. :awesomonster:

Short Cloti doujin/comic blah:

x2vvut.jpg

2uo0z8m.jpg

Strip 01:

SFX: Hug...
Tifa: Ah...

Strip 02

Tifa: C...Cloud?
Cloud: Oh, man....This is no good...

Strip 03

Cloud: I don't ever want to let you go...

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
City of five seasons my ass. It's lucky to have two.

Perhaps it means it has warm, cold, transitioning from warm to cold, transitioning from cold to warm and transitioning from warm to Lovecraftian horrors. :awesome:

A

Great Old One
The line, "she's the only one who understands him," is kinda contradictory to the line on how she doesn't understand the complexities of her heart though. Unless, ACC is intending that we just ignore all the old stuff and bring on with the new? :/

Isabella

Your Mom
It's really not. You can understand someone without understanding every last intricacy. After all, does anyone really understand anyone else's every intricacy? She's been demonstrated to understand him very well, certainly better than anyone else. We see on several occasions where she comprehends what he's feeling without being told. Example: In AC, in the church, she sees his bandage and immediately comprehends why he left home (I don't just mean the geostigma itself, but the effect it has on his psyche). In the scene in the children's room, she hits the nail on the head when it comes to recognizing his greater problem, and knows what he has to do to overcome it. Etc etc.

A

Great Old One
Thanks for the explanation - though, it still partly confuses me, especially considering how they wrote that specifically for Tifa's profile. But then again, I'm confused for a lot of the new stuff for ACC. I like how she's the only one that understands him - maybe it explains why she's so devoted to him.

Isabella

Your Mom
I guess I'm not sure why it's confusing. Understanding someone isn't an all or nothing prospect. She understands him, but there are still a few things that she has trouble seeing at times, especially when he withdraws. But she is the only one he ever opened his heart to.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I don't think it's a contradiction at all. She's the only one who has understood Cloud, and this was proven throughout the compilation. She's overcome so many struggles with him, expressed so many feelings... knew the right things to say to him, and devoted her very being to him. Of course she's the one that connects with him best, which is why he opened his heart to her, and to her only. The quote says that she "still does not understand some" of the complexities of Cloud's heart. You can't expect her to know everything about him, she's not perfect. =) Besides, her not understanding a few things doesn't mean that she is magically not connected to him anymore. There will always be a few things you don't understand about someone... but it doesn't hinder anything, or change the fact that she is the woman that can get into Cloud's mind and heart, and effect it to a great degree.

A

Great Old One
Tifa's devotion to Cloud is just so sweet. And you know, I like how well Tifa can perceive him even though he tries to hide from her - it's almost as if he can't get away from her sight. :monster: And oh right, I forgot about the quote with, "she's the only one he opened his heart too." But basically, seeing the new quote, I don't think Cloud even has to try to have Tifa 'see through his heart.' Bleh.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
The line, "she's the only one who understands him," is kinda contradictory to the line on how she doesn't understand the complexities of her heart though. Unless, ACC is intending that we just ignore all the old stuff and bring on with the new? :/
'Complexities of his heart' is a bit of liberalness on the part of the Reunion Files' translators. I think it'd be closer if it was 'she has [some] anxiety at not completely understanding Cloud'.

But that's what my memory things it says :monster: (&#12463;&#12521;&#12454;&#12489;&#12434;&#25524;&#12415;&#12365;&#12428;&#12390;&#12356;&#12394;&#12356;&#19981;&#23433;&#12434;&#25265;&#12360;&#12390;&#12356;&#12427;)

I remember that being used against Tifa, but has anything ever been said about Aerith understanding Cloud? Or is that all assumption/interpretation?

Bella said:
After all, does anyone really understand anyone else's every intricacy?
I just played through the part in FFVII after the Temple of the Ancients, after Cloud started tripping and handing out Black Materias/beat up Aerith. While Cloud is woeing it up in Gongaga, Barret asks him if there's anyone who understand themselves completely.

If you can't even understand everything about yourself, not completely understanding someone else seems natural.

A

Great Old One
Oh, thanks hito for the stuff! ^_^ I definitely never knew that. :O And no, I don't think there's ever been anything about Aerith even knowing the real Cloud, nor understanding the real Cloud. So technically, even if she knew the real Cloud, wouldn't that just mean that she wouldn't understand him still him, as Tifa is the only one who understands him. :monster:

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
I remember that being used against Tifa, but has anything ever been said about Aerith understanding Cloud? Or is that all assumption/interpretation?

Assumption and interpretation, so far as I see. Mostly from little things probably taken from Maiden, like Aerith's description of the 'real' Cloud. And from the game, it's lines like Aerith's "I want to meet you," which seems to have become simultaneously a proposition to have sex and a declaration that she completely understands his fractured mind.

Top Bottom