Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I've also seen it argued that despite Maiden 'proving' neither of those mean she never got to know the real him alive, because she could peak in on Tifa's merry jaunt through Cloud's undermind, she now knows him 'just as well if not better' than Tifa does.
Naturally, Zack was also ignored.

Of course, I've also seen folks- okay, folk- argue that Cloud and Aerith's relationship didn't begin until AFTER AC, and that's really getting into all sorts of silliness.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I've also seen it argued that despite Maiden 'proving' neither of those mean she never got to know the real him alive, because she could peak in on Tifa's merry jaunt through Cloud's undermind, she now knows him 'just as well if not better' than Tifa does.
Naturally, Zack was also ignored.
Dood, that's just creepy. Now I'm imagining some tiny Clerith!Aerith zombie walking next to Tifa and staring at her with blank, soulless eyes. And... how would she know him better than Tifa if Tifa's her reference point? lol wat.:awesome:

Of course, I've also seen folks- okay, folk- argue that Cloud and Aerith's relationship didn't begin until AFTER AC, and that's really getting into all sorts of silliness.
Mmm, dead people loving. Reminds me of a Sexy Losers comic.

A

Great Old One
Even if Maiden was canon, they're forgetting that very important line:

"Aerith was happy. She finally knew the REAL CLOUD."

Watusay?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Zombie Aerith/Tifa yuri ftw :monster:

Honestly, they seem to forget a lot of things. Like Maiden not being canon, or Tifa living with Cloud post FFVII in AC and DC, or the vast majority of other Cloud/Tifa plot points.

They have this really convenient amnesia that makes them forget anything that they don't like. It's really quite fascinating. Kinda makes me want to run an MRI on one of their heads for research.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
If they could just admit Clerith is not valid, and accept that it's a fan pairing then good on them. But it's all this cherry-picking of evidence; what is and isn't canon based on their agenda, that irritates me.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Uh.

Doesn't the person in question have to be inside the lifestream for his/her mind to be delved into?

A

Great Old One
Honestly, they seem to forget a lot of things. Like Maiden not being canon, or Tifa living with Cloud post FFVII in AC and DC, or the vast majority of other Cloud/Tifa plot points.
Or how when Tifa and Cloud 'hugged,' in Maiden, Cloud was unconscious when Tifa 'initiated' the hug by grabbing him into her arms, therefore, when Cloud 'came conscious,' once more, it meant that he didn't want to hug Tifa, but because it was already to late he had to take it anyways....

What Masamune said. It's irritating to have every little nit-picky thing to be claimed as evidence.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Even if Maiden was canon, they're forgetting that very important line:

"Aerith was happy. She finally knew the REAL CLOUD."

Watusay?

But in coming to know the real Cloud she also came to the realization that he's better off with Tifa. :monster:

I mean honestly, how can people not see the Clotiness of the Lifestream scene? And in Maiden it's pretty obvious that Aerith is giving the two of them her blessing when she realizes the truth for herself.

The only reason the rabids like Maiden is because they think that just because Aerith loved Cloud more than Zack it MUST mean that Cloud loves her back more so than Tifa. But that is obviously not the case when one actually pays attention to the narrative of the story.

A

Great Old One
I mean honestly, how can people not see the Clotiness of the Lifestream scene? And in Maiden it's pretty obvious that Aerith is giving the two of them her blessing when she realizes the truth for herself.
"She watched like an affectionate mother."

Watusayx2?

I mean, two hands reaching out compared to a scene that talks about the guy wanting to be a hero to the girl, tender memories, secret desires is more romantic....... ****:monster:****

The only reason the rabids like Maiden is because they think that just because Aerith loved Cloud more than Zack it MUST mean that Cloud loves her back more so than Tifa. But that is obviously not the case when one actually pays attention to the narrative of the story.
The only reason why rabids like Madien is because Aerith rejects Zack, lol. But they forget all the other important stuff that comes into that. :awesomonster:

And that Zack is an A-class stalker.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Yay, Cloti club! Awesome~ XDDDD

Hello, everyone!

The only reason why rabids like Madien is because Aerith rejects Zack, lol. But they forget all the other important stuff that comes into that. :awesomonster:

Whut. Aerith rejects Zack? I'm never reading that. :(

A

Great Old One
OMG DEAH NOTE SIGGIE

Hihi, IAmNotMe! ^_^ Glad you could join in the fun.

Lol, you never read Maiden? It's not like there's anything bad there. It's not canon either.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

Oh yeah there's that, too. Aerith rejecting Zack = Cloud loves her moar than Tifa!

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
OMG DEAH NOTE SIGGIE

Hihi, IAmNotMe! ^_^ Glad you could join in the fun.

Lol, you never read Maiden? It's not like there's anything bad there. It's not canon either.

XDDD Yeah, I can't believe I never saw this forum before. I fail at epic internet adventures. :monster:

Nope, I've never read it. I haven't read the novellas either. I should totally do so soon. XD

I guess I'll read Maiden if it's not canon. Aerith rejecting Zack is too sad. D:

A

Great Old One
Lol, how did you find this in the first place IAmNotMe?

And I Am Not Me, really, you don't have to worry. You'll just be falling to their place if you don't read it just because Aerith 'rejects,' Zack. You also find out there that Aerith didn't even know the real Cloud. And if you're looking for Cloti, read Case of Tifa. ^^

A

Great Old One
Mm, but it's apparently anti Zerith, which is why it's supported. -_-

It would suck if ACC had Cloti, and the rabids didn't buy it because of that.

But anyways, I was reading a post and it said:

-Mentions the scene in which Cloud meets up with Denzel and Tifa. Mentions the steel frame [(of the) building] falling on Tifa, and overlapping image of Sephiroth in the air.

-Tifa and Cloud on Fenrir, line exchange. (Presumably the screen form the scans). Something along the lines of: "Sorry for being late".

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yeah I think it's lame to refuse one part of the thing you are a fan of just because it might prove you wrong. If they are really refusing to watch ACC and play CC then I just don't see how then can justify bothering to debate anymore, really. One can't properly debate without all the evidence so how are we supposed to take them seriously?

A

Great Old One
What's even sadder than that is the fact that one would refuse to watch any Cloti-hints or play CC because of that. Fans buy CC and watch the movies to enjoy the whole plot of it, not look over some fucking Love Triangle and deem whether it's worthy to enjoy of their pairing. If that's the only reason why you won't play the game or watch the movie, 'tis is truly missing out a lot....

Anyways, what does everyone think of the spoiler? At least, to the people who have seen it.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yeah. I'm a fan of FFVII as a whole, not just the Cloti bits. :monster:

Oh and I'm not clicking on that spoiler, either. And if I see any responses not in a spoiler tag I'll be very...sad... :(

A

Great Old One
Yeah. I mean, I doubt that most of the FFVII fans give a shit about the LT anyways.

And it's not really a spoiler, as I'm not sure if it's confirmed and it's already been discussed about in tidbits blah blah blah, and I should stop talking.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
All I know is, is that those rabid pinkers are gonna be very disappointed when they see this movie. :monster:

Isabella

Your Mom
Cloud and Tifa live together as roommates. And of course Cloud lives with her -- she cooks for him, does his laundry, provides him with his creature comforts while he's off galavanting, meeting up with Aerith.

^Someone actually told me that in a debate thread. And sees no problem with the way Tifa's being taken advantage of in this scenario.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
No more ACC spoiler discussion in this thread, plox. :(

Also, it's interesting how these people seem to be so apt about raping Tifa's character in a way that's not consistent with the story. I don't see anyone on the Cloti side trying to make Aerith into something she's not just so they can feel better about shipping Cloti.

But oh yeah that's right, we don't need to do that. :wacky:

A

Great Old One
All I know is, is that those rabid pinkers are gonna be very disappointed when they see this movie. :monster:
If I see another goddamn flower I may just explode.

Why are people so devoted into making Tifa's character looks so:

a.) Whiny
b.) Desperate
c.) Clingy
d.) Slutty
e.) Bitchy
f.) Codependent
g.) Immature
h.) Just... plain sad.
i.) Tragic
j.) Okay, I could be doing this forever.

I highly doubt that SE created her character to make her look like those I've... err, said above. ^

I mean, it's like Tifa's whole purpose in the damn games/movie is to be completely rejected by Cloud, because hey, she has no other role in the movie besides that.

I don't think they realize that by supporting their Clerri ways, they make Aerith look like the real bitch. Which, she isn't.

And Tennyo, I just added that in because it is Cloti, and this discussion is hardly ever so in relation to Cloti. :awesomonster:

Top Bottom