Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Aerith loving two men certainly is plausible... Though, I've never believed in this, so my heart kind of feels like it's going through a meat grinder, lol. I think that after reading CoL I'm going to have to assume she's torn between two men... unless this really did happen before Zack was awakened.

A

Great Old One
I really wish that SE would give us a clearer view on when this exactly was. Was it after Zack's awakening, or was it before?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Either that or Aerith really did get over Zack.
I doubt it, since the whole reason she was attracted to Cloud was that she reminded him of Zack. She even explicitly said that in the game.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
@ Alise: Yeah that would explain so much. It would be nice to have a clear view of everything. What exactly are Aerith's feelings? How did she find him and why was he there in ACC? What was her reaction to encountering him? etc.

@ V: Could have been a sudden change maybe?

Isabella

Your Mom
I don't know if you ever truly get over a love that's robbed of you by death. It's not like they went their separate ways because it just wasn't working out.

But that doesn't mean you can never love anyone else. And hopefully, the person who has died is in favor of this, and will love you all the same.

Just my opinion.

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer
Jemz be copy-and-pastin' cuz she be upber lazy:

Story seems to take place at the very end of the game. Annoyed by some peeps who are all "haha, Zack's not in it!" Um, what would Zack be doing in the story anyway (he'd be rather out of place, and random)? Anyway... I guess we're left to assume that it was sometimes during the two years between the end of the game and AC that Zack & Aeris reunited in Lifestream.

Anyway... the story was pretty short. It was mainly about Sephiroth wanting to return, blah, blah. He's motivated by his rivalry/obsession with Cloud, while TEH WOMAN is motivated by her ~love~ for Cloud. The way she talks about him though... doesn't seem very romantic. It's all about how she wants to protect him and doesn't want to see him hurt. A bit maternal if anything.

+ I think that I said this already but... people who think that Zack is getting the short end of the stick? Um, dude got his own game, and increased amount of screentime in ACC (things that peeps will actually pay attention to). What more do ya want?

A

Great Old One
We need a fucking CoZ now to get his input.
QFT.

:monster:

And the thing is, even though she was attracted to the Zack in Cloud throughout the whole game, the possibility still comes that she still loves him after she discovers who the real Cloud is.

Anyway... the story was pretty short. It was mainly about Sephiroth wanting to return, blah, blah. He's motivated by his rivalry/obsession with Cloud, while TEH WOMAN is motivated by her ~love~ for Cloud. The way she talks about him though... doesn't seem very romantic. It's all about how she wants to protect him and doesn't want to see him hurt. A bit maternal if anything.
No, but referring herself as Cloud's koibito can be, although it's one-sided at the most.

+ I think that I said this already but... people who think that Zack is getting the short end of the stick? Um, dude got his own game, and increased amount of screentime in ACC (things that peeps will actually pay attention to). What more do ya want?
I don't think any of us are saying that Zack is getting the short end of the stick, I think we would all just like to know when it was that Aerith and Zack reunited during those two years and if it was before or after this.

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
True, true, people get remarried after a tragic death all the time but it doesn't mean they no longer love their former spouse. That's probably the way it was for Aerith with Cloud. I mean it was pretty obvious that her and Zack had something, and it would suck that Zack died trying to get back to a girl who no longer loved him. lol

Kind of wish for a CoC(loud) now, just to get his exact thoughts.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
@Ten- I can't imagine Aerith getting over Zack, with all of the quotes that have been provided. The 'inseparable relationship' bit is ringing through my ears right now. And what about Zack always being by her side? What about their sincere, intimate love? Like V said, the entire reason Aerith was even attracted to Cloud in the first place, is because she kept seeing the Zack in him. There are plenty of quotes to back that one, too.

So if they are trying to say Aerith is over Zack, I'd really wish they would (like Ali said) be a lot more clear, and explain exactly when and why she left her strong bond with Zack, to be with a man she barely knows.

Edit: A Case of CLOUD would really end the LTD. They should really make one. XD

null.

Pro Adventurer

One sentence explaining when he started hanging w/ Aeris in the Lifestream.

A

Great Old One
Yes please. Or even better, a story with Cloud's point of view.

Yeah ending the LTD could result in a loss of sales for them. They must know this. :monster:
To be honest though, I think there's enough to show Cloti as canon. But what makes it come back is all this one sided stuff.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

True. OTWTAS is supposed to explain events that lead to to AC, right? Yet they don't bother explaining to us where Zack came from or why Aerith decided to pull him out. I would like to know this!

A

Great Old One
And even more, I'd like to know when the Case of Lifestream exactly takes place. I mean, is it after Aerith helps Tifa and Cloud in the Lifestream, where they revealed their mutual feelings for each other? Is it after Cloud got Geostigma?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well the beginning is probably before he gets Geostigma. The ending could be after. Hard to say how much time the story spans.

null.

Pro Adventurer
I can't think of another time that the Lifestream erupts onto the surface, so my guess is that it starts at the end of FF7.

Top Bottom