Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
No, but referring herself as Cloud's koibito can be, although it's one-sided at the most.

No, she says Cloud is her beloved. She loves Cloud. This is not major news, especially if Maiden has been removed from continuity.

null.

Pro Adventurer
Celes: I've always wanted to go purple shirted eye-stabber on Maiden...

n516444305966815.jpg

Isabella

Your Mom
He's talking about a technicality, A. The way you worded it, it sounded like Aerith considered herself Cloud's beloved.

A

Great Old One
Oh, sorry. :loopy: I'm a bit pooped out and I think the way I'm wording it isn't the way I want it to be in my head.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I only wanted to go 'purple-shirted' when Aerith started acting like a douche to Zack during certain parts. It wasn't in her character at all, imo. Otherwise, I really loved it. =)

Yes, Aerith does love Cloud. But really, she sees Zack.

Isabella

Your Mom
It's my (limited) understanding that the koibito is the one receiving the love, so they'd be one's beloved. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. :)

My problem with Maiden is it's written poorly, and the characterization is horrible. It makes Aerith into such a Mary Sue.

A

Great Old One
It's Tifa's birthday btw (May 3rd), to all who don't know. ^_^

It's my (limited) understanding that the koibito is the one receiving the love, so they'd be one's beloved. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. :)
Can you explain this more? What does that mean for Tifa's referral as koibito then?

Last edited:

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
It's Tifa's birthday btw (May 2nd), to all who don't know. ^_^

*wags finger* No, Tifa's birthday is May 3rd!!!!! nerdnerdnerd. :)

(I only just noticed that LW and LB are up. I gotta go read 'em.)

Isabella

Your Mom
Well, strictly speaking, a koibito is at the receiving end of love, not the one giving it (though they may very likely be giving it too). So if you're called a koibito, it means you are loved romantically by someone.

A

Great Old One
Wouldn't that just go for the same way for Tifa's reference than? Because she's referred to as a koibito, that means she is... romantically loved by someone.

Oh wait. :awesome:

I should drink something.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yes, it does mean Tifa is someone's beloved.

It's worth pointing out that Cloud is Tifa's Koibito, or beloved, according to Prologue, two years later.
So, we have Aerith considering Cloud her beloved, Tifa considering Cloud her beloved, and Tifa being someone's beloved.
Tifa is an important woman to Cloud, part of his family, and he believes his life will succeed where it otherwise failed because this time he's doing it together with Tifa, and it's different from how she was previously with him.
These are the people who discovered their mutual feelings for each other in the lifestream, and spent the night together after Tifa's risque line.
Tifa sees Cloud as the father to the two children they look after.

Aerith is, along with Zack, a person who Cloud regrets losing. She's also a motherly figure.

Seriously, rocket science this is not.

null.

Pro Adventurer
Looking at it again, there's this:

She rushed through the Lifestream in search of other souls to help her. Ancients, on the verge of diffusing. These fragments of consciousness accepted her undertaking. When she found fragments of consciousness of people she had once known– pitifully few in number– she infused them with her own memories and sought their assistance.

Zack is probably one of those pitiful few.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Zack is probably one of those pitiful few.

That's pretty much a guaranteed. Of all the souls she may know in the lifestream, she'd know his best.
And, uhm, did I read a different CoL? Because the LTD has been slammed shut (since forever ago imo, but that's not the point) and these snippets do nothing to change that. Of course Cloud is beloved by Aerith. Her romantic interest in him was expressly written in game. From her questioning him about Tifa (the only one that can be referenced as girlfriend) and her badgering questioning tiny-tot Marlene about him. But in the end even Aerith reveals and acknowledges that Cloud is "Just a messed up kid" that she mistook for Zack:

".....first off, it bothered me how you looked exactly alike. Two completely different people, but look exactly the same. The way you walk, gesture...I think I must have seen him again, in you..."

and, in acknowledging that, she says she says she's searching for the real Cloud. Which, if CoL's wording is any indication, she still hasn't found. "The Cloud she knew..." etc.

But maybe that's just me...

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
That's pretty much a guaranteed. Of all the souls she may know in the lifestream, she'd know his best.
And, uhm, did I read a different CoL? Because the LTD has been slammed shut (since forever ago imo, but that's not the point) and these snippets do nothing to change that. Of course Cloud is beloved by Aerith. Her romantic interest in him was expressly written in game. From her questioning him about Tifa (the only one that can be referenced as girlfriend) and her badgering questioning tiny-tot Marlene about him. But in the end even Aerith reveals and acknowledges that Cloud is "Just a messed up kid" that she mistook for Zack:

".....first off, it bothered me how you looked exactly alike. Two completely different people, but look exactly the same. The way you walk, gesture...I think I must have seen him again, in you..."

and, in acknowledging that, she says she says she's searching for the real Cloud. Which, if CoL's wording is any indication, she still hasn't found. "The Cloud she knew..." etc.

But maybe that's just me...

No, no, I have sat and pondered your statement and it does indeed make sense. As I said before the end of CoLW is a clear reference to the date with Aerith, in which she admits that she only ever saw the Zack in Cloud and would like to remedy that. Well not much later she dies so she never really got her chance, and who knows whether or not being in the Lifestream would let her know?

Top Bottom