he/they
AKA
Tets
Oh, so he just absorbed what was there.

Fighting actual Genesis now

40353c9c8a7dca56dff73c8c8157dbb6.gif

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
The short answer is that PS2 emulation is complicated and Dirge of Cerberus would require a unique game fix hack or other plugin to make it work well on most computers. So far, nobody with the skill and interest is yet to write up such a plugin for the game.
Off-topic but thanks for explaining this, Shademp. Maybe my issues with DC stem from this particular thing. I also remember that the game's performance was sometimes slowing down, sometimes speeding up, which I found very weird. I haven't tried to solve it ever since, so I guess I'll just end up watching a playthrough as well.

D

Deleted member 13557

What are your plans for Crisis Core now? Will you do a completionist playthrough or do you aim to jump straight to the next title?
I'll probably replay FF7, lol. Despite the fact that I like Crisis Core, I love FF7.

Then, I'll probably watch a playthrough of the English dub version of Crisis Core, play (or watch) DoC, and then Remake.

If I'm being perfectly honest, I don't have any plans to 100% Crisis any time soon

D

Deleted member 13557

So, here are some unstructured thoughts on Crisis Core:

I love what this game did in regards to the Nibelheim incident. Playing through that as Zack, fighting Sephiroth, being captured by Hojo and escaping was probably my favourite part of the game.

Seeing Zack and Aerith was nice too. Him asking her for a date, giving her the bow and giving her the idea to sell her flowers were all great moments.

I didn't like Genesis. At all.

Angeal was a character who I actually kinda liked, serving as "Zack's Zack" as someone here put it. He serves as a strong emotional motivator for Zack, and feels necessary.

Seeing "good guy" Sephiroth was cool, and the simulation battle was enjoyable. Very AC.

The ending was powerful, with Cloud's yell actually making me jump, lol. Zack achieved his dream, finding the satisfaction that he thought he'd get from becoming 1st class (I think he was grinning when he passed away). As it rained upon the sector 5 slums (is there not an upper sector 5 plate?) Aerith sensed Zack's death, leading into a pretty cool cut back to Zack. Cloud takes the buster sword, and finds his way to Midgar.

I got really bored of the missions. After a whlie, you realise that you're essentially just doing the same thing over and over again.

I feel like the vast majority of Crisis Core's strengths come from the FF7 callbacks.

Top Bottom