FF Newbie Starting FF7 original

• Thread starter Deleted member 13557
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13557

The game has some problems with reuse of flags. There's an optional scene later in the game that uses the same flag as that unrelated dialogue, so if you ask the innkeeper about the town the game will think you've already witnessed that optional scene and you'll never get to see it.
Woah, shit.
Thanks for letting me know. I'll make sure I don't talk to him.

D

Deleted member 13557

"Is it going to be used for a biological experiment?"

Red XIII was in a cage, in the same room as Jenova. He was given a NUMBER.

If this implies what I think it implies I'm incredibly stupid for not realising this sooner. He instantly recogonsied his real name when he went back to Cosmo Canyon though, so it didn't exactly mess up his memories like it did for Cloud.

I mean, I'd assume the experiment never came to fruition, as Jenova broke out. But why'd Hojo number someone before the test even happens?

Reactions: Ite
D

Deleted member 13557

"Jenova... Sephiroth's... So... they've brought it here."

I feel like the one of the main reasons behind my continued Jenova confusion was getting events mixed up.

This 2nd playthrough is gonna help a lot.

Cloud said it's still moving. Maybe stirring because of Sephiroth?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
"Where's its $#&*&@ head? This whole thing's stupid. Let's keep goin'."

This exact dialogue better be in the remake.

I say this for your sake: please don’t expect anything you like to be in the Remake. That dialogue’s not there — nor that scene, in fact. I’m usually pretty anti-spoiler, but you have a better chance of enjoying Remake if you go in expecting to be betrayed.

Edit: before anyone jumps on me for poisoning the well, I honestly think having low expectations frees Remake up to happily surprise you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 13557

I say this for your sake: please don’t expect anything you like to be in the Remake. That dialogue’s not there — nor that scene, in fact. I’m usually pretty anti-spoiler, but you have a better chance of enjoying Remake if you go in expecting to be betrayed.

Edit: before anyone jumps on me for poisoning the well, I honestly think having low expectations frees Remake up to happily surprise you.
To be honest, I don't think I'll feel "betrayed" as I'm a very new FF fan.

I could understand long time fans who've waited for years to feel that way, however.

Unless if it's just a bad game, in which case I'll be disappointed.

D

Deleted member 13557

My next FF game after the FF7 saga is definitely gonna be FF9.

It's just intriguing me way too much. Would it be a good idea to seek out a trailer or is it gonna be FF7-esque where it's like "here are several major spoilers lol!"

I'm eager to explore the FF games and pass "newbie" status, but even still, FF7 has a hold on me. This game has had an effect on me unlike anything else I've ever played. Despite still puzzling the story together, I've had a blast.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
My next FF game after the FF7 saga is definitely gonna be FF9.

It's just intriguing me way too much. Would it be a good idea to seek out a trailer or is it gonna be FF7-esque where it's like "here are several major spoilers lol!"

I'm eager to explore the FF games and pass "newbie" status, but even still, FF7 has a hold on me. This game has had an effect on me unlike anything else I've ever played. Despite still puzzling the story together, I've had a blast.

Definitely enjoy that honeymoon period with FF7. You only get it once, then you join us in waiting for a newbie to come along so we can relive our excitement vicariously. This thread was a much more nostalgic trip for me than Remake lol.

And Remake is indeed an excellent game in its own right, it boasts my favorite combat of any FF. And the updated soundtrack is *chef’s kiss.*

I went ahead and typed in FF9 Trailer into YouTube and... yeah. Avoid it. The top videos are equivalent spoilers to Cloud giving the black materia to Sephiroth.

D

Deleted member 13557

Definitely enjoy that honeymoon period with FF7. You only get it once, then you join us in waiting for a newbie to come along so we can relive our excitement vicariously. This thread was a much more nostalgic trip for me than Remake lol.

And Remake is indeed an excellent game in its own right, it boasts my favorite combat of any FF. And the updated soundtrack is *chef’s kiss.*

I went ahead and typed in FF9 Trailer into YouTube and... yeah. Avoid it. The top videos are equivalent spoilers to Cloud giving the black materia to Sephiroth.
For each FF game I play I'll make a new thread documenting my experience with it. I'll probably do one for AC as well.

Then I can make everyone feel nostalgic god knows how many times over :D

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well, FFIX is an interesting direction.

There's at least one thing about it that will feel quite familiar :monster:

I'm just gonna tell you this. You will 100% need a guide for FFIX and I'm not even joking. You can and will miss vital and valuable things, info and events without one. Because it has the highest number of missable content of any FF. And I mean that sincerely. It's a wonderful game and another favorite of mine but Jesus Christ, you will need a spoiler free walkthrough.

Deadass will never forget how I got screwed learning Firaga, Blizagga, and Thundaga forever because I was broke before the Shimmering Isle... lol don't be like my first playthrough.

D

Deleted member 13557

Well, FFIX is an interesting direction.

There's at least one thing about it that will feel quite familiar :monster:

I'm just gonna tell you this. You will 100% need a guide for FFIX and I'm not even joking. You can and will miss vital and valuable things, info and events without one. Because it has the highest number of missable content of any FF. And I mean that sincerely. It's a wonderful game and another favorite of mine but Jesus Christ, you will need a spoiler free walkthrough.

Deadass will never forget how I got screwed learning Firaga, Blizagga, and Thundaga forever because I was broke before the Shimmering Isle... lol don't be like my first playthrough.
Noted. Thanks for letting me know

D

Deleted member 13557

IX was the first numbered FF I played after VII, but I did play FF Tactics before that. So I'm in support of the IX follow-up (and I've never particularly liked VIII, myself)
VIII seems to have a mixed response. People either love it or hate it from what I've seen.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
FF Tactics is a wonderful and another big favorite of mine. It's amazing.

However, it's extremely different. It's a Tactics Ogre type game, where it's a tactical battle system where you fight with a team on a map and have to clear out the enemy team. Sorta like a mini-war engagement.

And if you're not careful, characters die for good. But the story is incredible and the style is one of my favorites. Ivalice is a great FF sub-series.

Wanna know something really fun about it? Cloud's a secret character in it too :monster:

VIII seems to have a mixed response. People either love it or hate it from what I've seen.

Naw, it ain't mixed, lol. FFVIII is one of the golden trio of the 90s. FFVII, FFVIII and FFIX are seen as the "golden age" of FF for the PSone era for a reason. It's extremely good, and one of the most interesting and unique systems. Hell, Squall's popular for a reason. Trust me, FFVIII was pretty damn baller, and it got one of the best remasters Square's ever done.

D

Deleted member 13557

Naw, it ain't mixed, lol. FFVIII is one of the golden trio of the 90s. FFVII, FFVIII and FFIX are seen as the "golden age" of FF for the PSone era for a reason. It's extremely good, and one of the most interesting and unique systems. Hell, Squall's popular for a reason. Trust me, FFVIII was pretty damn baller, and it got one of the best remasters Square's ever done.
Maybe a poor choice of words on my part. Perhaps some people in the FF community just don't like it that much? I'm just going off what I've seen in top 10 lists and the like lol.

I'm still gonna play it and I'll probably love it regardless.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think this trailer of FFIX is a good. The PS4 remaster one is legit.

And I'm gonna show you FFVIII's original trailer because it was one of the most badass and intense FF trailers back in the day. This game got me hyped.

FFIX and FFVIII were some of Nobou Uematsu's best work in the FF series too. The music's incredible. FFVII is of course incredible but like I said, FFVII, FFVIII and FFIX were like, the golden age of Squaresoft's PSone days and Uematsu was in his prime, lol

Top Bottom