FF Newbie Starting FF7 original

• Thread starter Deleted member 13557
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13557

There's an easy way to manipulate the points to get Tifa, but that was back in the Shinra building. Sorry, I would have said something but I didn't think about it :|
Don't worry about it!

I'll do it next time. Next time might be a while off though, there are other games that I want to play besides FF7 lol

D

Deleted member 13557

"Must get it and bring to Sephiroth, then become one with Sephiroth."

I'd take it that they're referring to the black materia.

Become one with Sephiroth? I thought the point of the reunion was for the cells of the clones to reunite with Jenova, reforming it, essentially.

I know that Sephiroth has great influence over Jenova, so maybe he's just changing their objective?

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Granted, it's been like 20+ years, but I just remember thinking "this is basically resident evil". It didn't hold my attention very long at the time. Then again, I've also never been big on horror stuff.
Parasite Eve 2 is an RE clone, but the original has a pretty unique gameplay style. You can run around the battle arena to dodge attacks and customize your weapons to make really overpowered guns. The plot is kinda like an AU FF7 where Cloud and Barret are cops, Cloud is a girl, and Jenova is the main villain.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
"Must get it and bring to Sephiroth, then become one with Sephiroth."

I'd take it that they're referring to the black materia.

Become one with Sephiroth? I thought the point of the reunion was for the cells of the clones to reunite with Jenova, reforming it, essentially.

I know that Sephiroth has great influence over Jenova, so maybe he's just changing their objective?

The Sephiroth Copies have lost their egos, and see themselves as extensions of Jenova to serve Sephiroth. They want to Reunion, their humanity has been erased. They see themselves as becoming one with Sephiroth through death.

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie

Well, you might have just missed it, it's insinuated, not outright stated.

Yeah Tifa was definetly acting odd when you briefly jump out of the flashback. Lots of "..."

Originally I thought it was just because she didn't really want to contribute to the conversation, as given what happened to her father it's a pretty touchy subject.

But yeah, it's because she knows about Zack, I believe. She's pretty much like "huh, don't remember seeing you (besides when you saved me inside the reactor) at this incredibly traumatic event".

Watching Tifa be suspicious AF is my favorite part of playing through FFVII with my mate, I never really spoiled him on stuff (he somehow was even shocked that Aerith died, although I KNOW that's something that he should know) but I have pointed stuff out, and as a result he's been extremely suspicious of Tifa throughout the playthrough, which is fun. We're just post lifestream now though so he now knows the truth.

"One person seems to be missing"

Holy fuck

Edit: Wait, isn't Cloud actually the security guard who stays with Tifa outside of the reactor? Then was the dude who went missing just some random guy?

It'd explain why he didn't verbally respond to her.

Another favorite, spotting Cloud in flashbacks, looking at Tifa's window, talking about being nervous.

"You really, really are... you... right?"

The Tifa dialogue at Cosmo Candle is pretty great.

This really is the joy of a second playthrough IMO, everything about Tifa and Cloud becomes so much more interesting, same with Aerith and Cloud/Zack after playing Crisis Core. (Same goes for remake).

Didn't even think about that.

I've had Aerith and Nanaki in my party so I'm probably gonna get the Aerith date again.

Dude, that is such a waste, that's basically the main reason to do a second playthrough, to really see the plot as it is instead of the narrative, hope you're at least as nice to her as possible.

Ps, you mentioned something during your first Kalm flashback playthrough about watching Cloud do squats, to which I responded with "yeah, watching Cloud do Squats is always fun". Now you know why I suppose, Squats are a quirk of Zack.
This amused me when watching a playthrough once. Person saw Cloud doing that and went "He's doing Zack squats!" since they knew Zack from some other piece of media XD

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
For them, yes. :monster:

When Sephiroth says "become one with me" he's talking about absorbing their spirit energy. Their souls.

"All will become one with me" means all will die :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
"Oh, no. You'll still die. But faster."

060625.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom