• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FF Newbie Starting FF7 original

• Thread starter Deleted member 13557
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13557

Jesus you're going fast LMAO holy shit.

You need to run around some forests in the world map and encounter a mysterious ninja. Any forest will do.

Beat the mystery ninja in battle.

Then... And this is most important. Do NOT use the save point. It's a trap. Talk to the ninja girl. And choose...

1. Not interested
2. petrified
3. Wait a second!
4. thats right
5. Lets hurry on

And on the last dialogue option DO NOT pick "whats your name". Pick "Lets hurry on."

You'll have your first secret character. They're important so don't leave them behind :monster:
How did people figure all this out in 1997 jeez

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
If you fail you just have to encounter her again so you can trial and error your way to recruiting her. The rate of encountering her increases for later areas so they expected first-time players to encounter her by chance at some point.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
How did people figure all this out in 1997 jeez

I ran into that mystery ninja in a forest after the boat ride (she always appears in forests) and it was dumbluck that I decided to role play and picked the right responses.

Back in the 90s, all JRPGs felt “open world” as in, there wasn’t the expectation that you’d succeed at everything or find every secret. I didn’t get the mansion guy Lic talked about my first playthrough, but I heard about him from a friend at a party, and knowing that there was a whole secret character and plotline that I’d missed filled me with this sense that the world was huge and alive.

There were also printed guidebooks that you could buy if you wanted to get all the secrets. But that’s why some folks in this thread are of the “play it once through on your own, then replay to try and 100% it” mindset — myself included! That feeling of immersion is an intended part of the experience, and knowing that you said the wrong thing and lost your chance to recruit a secret character might sting, but it also feels good, y’know? In life there are no take backs, same with for Cloud and his friends.

I’m uh rambling. I do that. And, just to contradict everything I just said: For FF7’s two secret characters, their sidequests are so good that it’s worth cheating to get them in your party.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 13557

Choco/Mog, Shiva and Ifrit, right?

Yep. In that order too, I think. I know I got Ifrit after the Jenova/Sephiroth encounter but I can't actually remember when I got the other two :D

Quick question: Is the reason behind why Shinra are after Sephiroth just tied to the fact that he is a Cetra and they want to get to the Promised Land? Wouldn't assume he'd go down lightly, he's already killed a bunch of their men. If I've forgotten something, let me know. If there's something upcoming, uh, don't let me know lol.

D

Deleted member 13557

I'd take it Sephiroth's goal is to essentially take over the world. He talked to his "mother" about reclaiming the planet after he did a bunch of research in the flashback, and found out that Cloud's ancestors are "traitors" or something

BlueCollarNerd

Pro Adventurer
How did people figure all this out in 1997
I didnt get either of the optional two characters my first play through.
After I flubbed it the first time I reloaded a save and went back to grinding until she tried again. Took way longer, but I got it the second time by assuming every bit of it was a trick.
I remember choosing the wrong dialog and she ran away. Then i thought i was smart and tried to safe at the save point(face palm) needless to say it took me quite a few trys, which made it feel like a real accomplishment.
Back in the 90s, all JRPGs felt “open world” as in, there wasn’t the expectation that you’d succeed at everything or find every secret. I didn’t get the mansion guy Lic talked about my first playthrough, but I heard about him from a friend at a party, and knowing that there was a whole secret character and plotline that I’d missed filled me with this sense that the world was huge and alive.
This is what makes it a great game. They dont hold your hand and it adds to the immersion and replayablilty.(is that a word)

D

Deleted member 13557

I remember someone mentioning dialogue having an affect on the story. Does having specific characters in your party have an also have an affect on the story?

D

Deleted member 13557

There are scenes that will only trigger if certain characters are in your party, though not too many of them. In a town coming up there are unique scenes that only happen if you bring Aeris and/or Tifa along with you which is probably worth seeing.
Party is currently Cloud, Tifa and Red XIII so I should get that, hopefully

D

Deleted member 13557

I'm saying you should bring both Aerith and Tifa, they each have a unique scene there. Not to strong arm you into anything lol.
Was that town North Corel by any chance? Got an interaction between Barrett and a local where it seems Barrett caused some dismay

D

Deleted member 13557

Number tattoos, another thing I kinda remember.

Since Sephiroth has a "1" I'd take it he was the 1st experiment?

*Edit

He can't be because of Jenova, surely

Last edited by a moderator:

abigail

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Abbie
i wish i had caught that much on my first play thru. not that i finished my first try. i didnt know a steal from an all from an ice materia that time after all

Top Bottom