FFVII: Ever Crisis Announced

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
There it is, the world map!

1670845289122.png

How do we all feel about the art style of the character portraits with the chibi models?

1670846344648.png

Looks like there'll be some new events, like this one with Wedge.

1670845337527.png

Perhaps this is the extra mode they mentioned before where you can build your dream team.

1670845443626.png

Zack if he was a Fire Emblem character.

1670846156310.png

Last edited:

ph14basicbitch

shinra merch buyer
AKA
koda
Mobage usually have a normal mode and a hard mode. Maybe the normal mode is the "story party" mode shown in the trailer and you have to clear using the canon party first then in hard mode you can use whoever you want in your party? :hohum:

(Also I'm rolling my eyes at the part it shows with Wedge... He's calling the cat "Candy-chan", following the "Wedge's Japanese names for the cats are all food-related" cringe...)

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Maybe! Here's what we know from March of last year:

Nomura: “The game has a story mode where you will follow Cloud and the gang on their journeys, but also features special dungeons and battles that go outside of the timeline delineated by the various compilation titles. These will allow players to enjoy taking on the mightiest enemies from the series using their dream party, in ways that the story battles do not allow.”

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/03/no-...ver-crisis-chapters-will-be-free-more-tidbits

Last edited:

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
There it is, the world map!

View attachment 13207

How do we all feel about the art style of the character portraits with the chibi models?

View attachment 13212

Looks like there'll be some new events, like this one with Wedge.

View attachment 13208

Perhaps this is the extra mode they mentioned before where you can build your dream team.

View attachment 13209

Zack if he was a Fire Emblem character.

View attachment 13211

Damn I do like that Reno art. I could do with a discord profile pic 👀

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Looks like the main game is very similar to the story mode in Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, where you have a world map populated with locations, and each location has a series of quests that contain either story cutscenes, battles, or explorable dungeons.

In FFBE the story is broken up into seasons, and every month there's a new chapter of the story which unlocks a new section of the world map. I suspect EC will feature a similar content distribution method, with new chapters for each game being released periodically.

The story appears to be fully recreated, with each game broken up into chapters -> main & sub sections -> episodes.

There are icons for each episode indicating what types of gameplay it features: story (book), battle (swords), and exploration (cavern).

As is standard for these games, looks like there are bonus objectives that can be accomplished for each episode, probably challenges to complete battles with special conditions like no KOs or while dealing a certain amount of damage.

For your initial playthrough there are fixed parties for each episode, matching the parties of the original game. Then there will be an unlockable hard mode of some sort where you can bring a custom party to the battles, likely earning additional rewards. I believe Nomura already confirmed that it's an extra mode.

I believe it's already been stated that the monetization will be emulating Dissidia Opera Omnia: you unlock new characters ("Allies") by playing through the game, gacha is for weapons (which may unlock abilities or limits), costumes are probably part of paid bundles.

Just to show what's available so far:

FINAL FANTASY VII

CRISIS CORE -FINAL FANTASY VII-

Chapter 1

Main Section 1: Sector 8​

EP1 Soldiers in BattleStory · BattleParty: Zack · ⊘ · ⊘
EP2 OverconfidenceStory · BattleParty: Zack · ⊘ · ⊘

Sub Section 1: To Become a 1st​

EP1
EP2 A Fellow 2ndStory · BattleParty: Zack · ⊘ · ⊘
EP3 A Promising CandidateStory · BattleParty: Zack · ⊘ · ⊘

Main Section 2: Shinra Building​

EP1 Mass Desertion at SOLDIERStory

Main Section 3: Wutai​

EP1
EP2
EP3
EP4 A Wutai ShinobiStory · BattleParty: Zack · ⊘ · ⊘
EP5 The Way of a SOLDIER 1st ClassStory · BattleParty: Zack · ⊘ · ⊘
EP6 Genesis CopiesStory · BattleParty: Zack · ⊘ · ⊘

Last edited:

Ashen

Pro Adventurer
I hope the playable characters you can unlock include the antagonists, cos I'd love to play with the Turks.

And I love the portrait art too. I wonder who the artist is. Doesn't looks like Nomura's style. I though it could be Ferrari's, but on closer look I'm not so sure.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
I hope it includes Biggs, Wedge and Jessie as party members too. It would be better for Biggs and Wedge to be playble in their own world before Opera Omnia.

It doesn’t seem like anyone noticed, but it looks like Red is wearing some armour in the video.

Rose_of_Night

Pro Adventurer
I'm in Argentina and I managed to register on the Play Store
-Look for any Square game
-Click on their profile
-Scroll to the bottom. EC should be there with a "Coming soon" thing.
-Click in it and it should let you register

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
are they rolling content from the first soldier into this now? because that made me laugh when i saw it lol. you didn't last even a whole year tfs, but at least you're living on somehow

although i did keep thinking the short-hair blond soldier guy was the main character from stranger of paradise.

Rose_of_Night

Pro Adventurer
are they rolling content from the first soldier into this now? because that made me laugh when i saw it lol. you didn't last even a whole year tfs, but at least you're living on somehow

although i did keep thinking the short-hair blond soldier guy was the main character from stranger of paradise.
Better that than the lore of that game dissappearing into the aether like, idk DoC Online

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
That was the plan from the start. One of the first things they announced was that EVER CRISIS has an original story about Sephiroth that ties into THE FIRST SOLDIER. That's what the previous footage of young Sephiroth is from.

ForceStealer

Double Growth

An interview. Kinda bummed that you control one character, even if you can switch who it is.
Yet another nail in the disingenuous "you purists have Ever Crisis for your remake" argument.
But it should be fun at least.

Last edited:

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer

An interview. Kinda bummed that you control one character at a time, even if you can switch who it is.
Yet another nail in the disingenuous "you purists have Ever Crisis for your remake" argument.
But it should be fun at least.
Given that the original was turn based couldn't you always only control one character at a time?

Edit: Oh, I see. They auto battle while you're controlling the main character, similar to Remake. Wonder if it'll have a true turn base option.

Also confirms that young Sephiroth will be playable in the First SOLDIER story arc.

Weapons are obtained via gacha, costumes can be obtained by collecting stamps you get each time you pull on the gacha. The costumes are actually designed to match the weapons, so for example the Japanese-style costume Cloud has in the trailer is the costume designed to match Murasame. The costume design wasn't just based on the look of the weapon, but how Cloud would wear it and how he'd fight using the weapon as well.

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I’ve got the “pre-get” or whatever, it’ll notify me when it’s ready ^_^

Top Bottom