SPOILERS FFVII:R Chapter 18 Spoiler Discussion

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
I looked at the dinner scene in Chapter 4, and well ...

lBjDqvW.jpg

27nifgF.jpg

Npjppf2.jpg

The writing on both bags indicates they're the "Original" flavor. We can also see in that screengrab from Chapter 4 that different flavors apparently still use the same dog (not assistants to Stamp), but in a different pose.

So that settles this then, I think. Stamp really does have a different design in Zack's part of the ending.

Now, doesn't that make everything so much clearer? :wacky::wacky:

Now my question is who the heck brought chips to the battle?

P.s. And the fates didn't even do their fucking job right! Biggs survived!

Don't worry. I'm sure the Whispers will smother him with a pillow in the next part. :monster:

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
My hopes for the future....

Modding FFVIIR will be possible, so that shit can get gtfo.

Replaying the original with fandub (when its complete, it sounds promising)

Ending is not as crazy as we think, there's no alt-universe and the sequels will follow OG for the most.

Maybe, and I'm probly blowing it out of proportion, but if there's not alt dimensions and all that horsecrap, they why do it? Why make SUCH a drastic turn from the very core of what ff7 is? They could have just put in stuff that said they'd be changing things.
Like Wedge surviving. When I saw he was still alive, I didn't rage. I didnt throw a fit. I thought, "Oh wow! I wonder where they're gonna go with that!"

Then they decided to fight a cosmic being at the point where a new president of a power company and the threat of a guy we kinda heard his name a few times, were the big issues pushing the story forward.

And if it's not a big deal... why did they show Zack in an alternate timeline where he survived? That's the past. That shit already happened, yo. Why you bringin' up old shit? Unless they're going to do something with that. Cause that shit didn't happen in the current remake timeline. So boom, alternate dimensions/timelines are a thing going forward

.... I need to stop. Sometone please stop me

Wol

AKA
Rosarian Shield
Ehy show it otherwise? And why bother pointing out the whole Stamp chips thing? It shows that it's different. It's a different reality.
yeah, that worries me a lot.
maybe just to reference his Stamp status as the "original" Stamp. :(

I never imagined discussing FFVII would sound so whack lol.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I just noticed that the stamp in the Zack scene has four stars on his hat, while the stamp in the main game has five on his helmet. Perhaps "stamp" is a legacy title that's passed down between dogs, and current stamp is stamp the fifth. Like Oty was saying, this would represent the relationship between Cloud and Zack. What the fuck am I talking about?

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Even if the Stamp Champs are supposed a different version of Stamp (and not a different member of Stamp’s crew like Makoeyes987 originally proposed) that doesn’t necessarily indicate it’s an alternate timeline. Cartoon Mascots change/get redesigned frequently in real life, the Cookie Crisp mascot is one of the more blatant examples:
8673403A-1168-439F-BF5C-4F815B5C626D.jpeg63F9410D-DD20-40C7-9BC0-85F0DE12D46E.jpeg
I think the different Stamp is more symbolism that Zack is the “original” 1st Class SOLDIER in regards to Cloud’s past. I really don’t think we’re seeing any alternate timeline in the ending sequence.

youffie

Pro Adventurer
Come on, if so many people are confused about Zack, it's because it's deliberately confusing. Reading 39 pages of a thread crowded with hardcore FFVII fans shouldn't be required to appreciate or understand an ending.

I never imagined discussing FFVII would sound so whack lol.

This is another reason I find this ending so annoying. I was so ready to talk about characterizations and different takes on the original but I spent the last hours reading about different timelines, time-travel and dog breeds. All this talk just doesn't belong to FFVII, and that has nothing to do with being a purist or something.

Wol

AKA
Rosarian Shield
Even if the Stamp Champs are supposed a different version of Stamp (and not a different member of Stamp’s crew like Makoeyes987 originally proposed) that doesn’t necessarily indicate it’s an alternate timeline. Cartoon Mascots change/get redesigned frequently in real life, the Cookie Crisp mascot is one of the more blatant examples:
View attachment 5487View attachment 5488
I think the different Stamp is more symbolism that Zack is the “original” 1st Class SOLDIER in regards to Cloud’s past. I really don’t think we’re seeing any alternate timeline in the ending sequence.
This makes way too much sense.

It ain't that.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
View attachment 5487View attachment 5488
While you're right about mascots changing over time, what we're looking at between Snack Stamp and Graffiti Stamp is a difference of, at most, a couple months (Cloud recovery time and the entirety of the remake). It's possible for that change to be made in that time, but it seems highly unlikely to me.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
While you're right about mascots changing over time, what we're looking at between Snack Stamp and Graffiti Stamp is a difference of, at most, a couple months (Cloud recovery time and the entirety of the remake). It's possible for that change to be made in that time, but it seems highly unlikely to me.
I mean the primary function of the scene is symbolism, so I think the apparent coincidence of a mascot being redesigned in the months between Zack’s death and the start of FFVII is kinda irrelevant. The creative decision for symbolic usage is made before the Watsonian justification for it.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
I have to disagree. I genuinely don't believe there is any symbolism. I think it's literally illustrating how things have changed.
I really don’t think we’re seeing any alternate timeline in the ending sequence.
Zack survives the Shinra attack, and in the same scene it shows a different version of Stamp. To me, that just screams "alternate timeline".

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I have to disagree. I genuinely don't believe there is any symbolism. I think it's literally illustrating how things have changed.

Zack survives the Shinra attack, and in the same scene it shows a different version of Stamp. To me, that just screams "alternate timeline".
As I and others have said, it’s likely that the CC and OG depictions of Zack’s are being combined, so that Zack being shot while carrying Cloud still happens plus the Last Stand battle.
But regardless, ultimately we’ll just have to agree to disagree on this point then.

Top Bottom