FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Thing is...5 million seems a lot. But is that lifetime sales? Because, I can't say for sure since I don't particularly recall that situation, but some franchises have objectives at much higher numbers.

No, it was first month sales. Tomb Raider sold 3.4 million in that time. But SE called it a disappointment because they for some reason expected CoD-like numbers of over 5 million in one month in 2013.

(it went onto sell like over 8 million lifetime)

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
Well that doesnt sound so bad. Maybe they were expecting Tomb Raider to be a very big hit, considering it is a very famous franchise? Even taking consideration the growth of the gaming industry from 2013 to 2020, FFVIIR sold 3.5million in only 3 days, and I'd reckon FFVII is just as big as Tomb Raider.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
....God, it feels so good to see ole' Spiky Head at the front of the pack of video games, and not as a side character in a story about a dim-bulb child in a onesie swinging around a giant key.

Welcome back, Cloud. Welcome back.

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
AC is such a showoff lmao. It's insane how much that game sold.

I'm surprised SW&SH is still such a top seller. Maybe because of the "recent" updates it got?

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Never doubt the power of Pikachu's empire.
1591405176520.png
No one can defeat this stare.

But yeah, it's amazing to see Cloud and co. doing so well. I'm very much enjoying this "1997 but in 2020" trend games have been on lately. Resident Evil 2, FFVII Remake, etc - the 90s was when these franchises had really strong identities. And now we're getting that iconic stuff remade in the modern day.

Also glad to hear about Sony not wanting to do all the cross-plat stuff again. I feel like at the beginning of this console generation, things never quite felt distinctly "next-gen" until the legacy support for PS3 stopped. If you compare Sekiro or Remake to a launch PS4 game, the difference is night and day.
Hopefully that means Remake part II is going to be PS5 exclusive, with all of the technical benefits that brings. I wonder when they're even going to announce it...Would it have been this E3?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I enjoy it because (aside from it reflecting my favorites of course), the series are pretty damn relevant for today. I don't think it's coincidence that Resident Evil and FFVII have found contemporary salience given the way the world is right now. :monster:

The Last of Us sequel coming out now is also rather darkly appropriate.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I thought G-Birkin reuniting with his wonderful wife while in the throes of love would be appropriate for these dark times. :monster:

His expression is close to how I felt about the Remake too so, why not?

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
re: earlier, not surprising, Pokemon is the biggest franchise in the world, bigger than Star Wars, Mickey Mouse, Hello Kitty, nearly thrice the size as the MCU, etc. In the list, Pokemon is at 95 billion whereas Final Fantasy is at 12 billion.
Huh, even though it's only by a few hundred thousand it's interesting to see that Dragon Quest is still technically a higher grossing media franchise than Final Fantasy, with a large part coming from Dragon Quest manga. Wonder why DQ found so much success with manga but FF didn't. Perhaps the Akira Toriyama art/design lent it to manga easier?

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
It's been five years since the Final Fantasy VII remake announcement trailer dropped at E3 2015.

In that time we celebrated in hype, waited and speculated, consumed the final product, and shared our experiences. Now the dust has settled. What a ride.

"The reunion at hand may bring joy, it may bring fear, but let us embrace whatever it brings."

It's eerie to me how relevant this line continues to be with respect to the ending.

Here is my favorite reaction gif of the announcement. I love it so much. I have it bookmarked and still watch it regularly.

Top Bottom