• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
They have several new characters?
Yuffie, Cait Sith, Vincent, & Cid are all new characters that they need to do motion capture for for all sorts of animations and things that they'd already have in place for Cloud, Barret, Tifa, Aerith, & (mostly) Red XIII.

Because they use the AI system for facial performances, this is stuff that's most likely for cut scene blocking & specific movements & animations for new playable characters that they don't have existing data for from Remake already. Minor NPCs they'll already have a bunch of generic animations that they can pull from and use, and the returning characters will need some additional animations & need to have the cut scenes blocked out like everyone else.

Remember when we got a gameplay trailer for part 1, only for it to disappear for 5 years right after? Don't do me like that again, Square.

Yeah, but there were a ton of very different circumstances that lead to that happening with the teams & technology & planning. This SHOULD be a lot more straightforward. :monster:

X:neo:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

So, this article is gonna call out the voice acting as being problematic.. but they don't mention Barret's present-day voice actor, John Eric Bentley or even take any time to focus on his thoughts around the character's portrayal. Instead they create this apologist strawman argument about people defending the racist elements, but literally don't even mention anything like what JEB's got on his Twitter page, which are threads like this one from real humans:

Saven

Pro Adventurer
Don't know if this is the appropriate topic for it, but I was looking at some old pics that were shown off in early 2018 or so. The game has come a long way since those screenshots, which were the last shown before the re-reveal in May 2019.
final-fantasy-vii-remake-train-station.jpg

final-fantasy-vii-remake-guard-scorpion.jpg

I assume Materia is where command skills + summons were originally at. Three limit break bars is pretty interesting though. I guess at one point you could use a weaker limit break if you charged one bar and then do more damage if you maxed it out? I wonder if some of these like ducking (which could just be a screenshot of Cloud rolling up to the box) will appear in the sequel.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
What PS5 incentive?
edit: oh yeah I remember people are getting one million in GTAO every month now until the PS5 version releases or something

I think the confusing thing is how GTAV sold a crapton and everyone and their mother owns it and *still* it pops up in the top 5 of best-selling games SEVEN YEARS after the initial release. Like...how?

Last edited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
So, this article is gonna call out the voice acting as being problematic.. but they don't mention Barret's present-day voice actor, John Eric Bentley or even take any time to focus on his thoughts around the character's portrayal. Instead they create this apologist strawman argument about people defending the racist elements, but literally don't even mention anything like what JEB's got on his Twitter page, which are threads like this one from real humans:

I see he still hasn't replied to your comment on his tweet. I don't think he will as it seems he only answers to those that praise him.

wJqwNhy.png

ictgRDF.gif

Top Bottom