FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
Wait. SOLDIER turned rebel? He's not... gonna join them, is he? I really hope not. Just kill him with fire, Aerith.
I'm pretty sure they just mean he doesn't listen to orders or respect the chain of command, probably because he's gotta go fast a Speed Demon.

But speaking of killing stuff with Aerith! Her gameplay actually sounds fun. I thought it would be mindlessly mashing square and casting spells, but she seems to get rewarded by fitting in longer attack chains (her attacks hit more enemies and have greater explosion radius'). Plus her Tempest attack is better if you can get time to charge it all the way. Stuff like the flower shield helps her get to maximum effectiveness.

Tifa and Sephiroth renders look great, as expected. I'm most surprised by how good President Shinra looks. And I'm more excited than ever to explore Shinra tower, especially the Visual Entertainment Hall. The addition of wind and story sections in the Train Graveyard is also exciting.

(Why is it not March?)

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I love Sephiroth's face in all these renders. I dunno what it is, he just looks more appealing but also definitely unhinged.

Handsome fella, but also a bit...eerie looking?

Like, ye'd ride him, but ye'd ask him to leave the house straight afterwards cause fuck knows what he's capable of :monster:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Fair enough. I’m not even gonna have voices on, as much as some of the performances are bangin. That option is there for you too.

No ones mentioned the Seph in flames render, prob cause it’s the 100th one we’ve seen! It’s still the best looking one yet though. My god it’s like they’ve remembered what colour is.
I actually like the Barrett one the most. The detail and color in that one makes it stand out a little more

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Looks like all the new screens and artwork are now up on the press site too: https://press.na.square-enix.com/products/p324/final-fantasy-vii-remake

Unfortunately a lot of these still seem fairly low-res.
They give you the Tifa render in 1080p wallpaper size but it looks like uprezzed and compressed to hell. It's practically garbage. =/
The one titled "full size" is actually lower resolution. :wacky:

edit: The more I think about it the more it bothers me, like, why are all these uploads so inconsistent? They all vary wildly in resolution and compression! Why?!

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
eeJU3O4l.jpg

Is it just me or does the fire on Sephiroth's right look like a wing? Would be fitting.

youffie

Pro Adventurer
Sorry if this is not the right thread for this or if this was already posted, but apparently an upcoming FFVII Remake book was added to the Japanese Square Enix Store, “Final Fantasy VII Remake World Preview”. It should come out on February 18th and it’s going to include an overview of the game’s world, characters, combat system, pictures, and even a story written by Nojima (!). Take with a huge grain of salt because 1) I have only read about this on a Facebook fan page 2) I can’t find the actual page on the store 3) I’m so tired tonight I’m amazed I can still type.

immagine libro.jpg

Top Bottom