• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
HD 1080 screenshots straight from SE press release

ff7_remake_01.jpg

ff7_remake_02.jpg

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Retranslating FFVII without "This guy are sick" would be like retranslating FFIV without "You spoony bard". But regardless, I do hope they patch up some of the ambiguous passages of the original game. Some of the plot points were widely misunderstood because the translation of the game was kind of a mess.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Doesn't look like they'll let you hotlink them. Can we upload them here & toss them in an article?

X :neo:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Sure, go for it. Or just add them to the existing article; whatever. :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
So back in December, Squeenix trolled us twice.

:tauntingshinji:

I see this in a whole new light now.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Finally.

After all the fanart.

I'll get to see Barret in his sailor outfit, thank you e3.

i call and raise you red xiii in a sailor outfit

tbh i think of all the things im most excited to see in hd its gonna be cloud riding mr dolphin

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Hopefully they get Uematsu to do it. But, failing that, Kazuhiko Toyama knows how to arrange some freaking music:

If something else other then this is used for the main encounter theme I will be very, very disappointed. This is exactly why I want Toyama to do the remake OST. He's one of the few soundtrack composers where I actually want to see what he'll do with it, because most of his Crisis Core music actually managed to sound like FFVII's music. And he's already got the main theme down pat...

I'm not being sarcastic. Where did that come from?

I was too excited to realise that it doesn't look real-time. I JUST realised that it's actually pre-rendered. Meaning, the end-product wouldn't look like this.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Just...of course it was prerendered. That looks way better than anything that could be real time. We're freaking out because it's happening.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I am happy for the news.

And for me to say that I am happy... yeah, that's a big thing.

:)

Splintered

unsavory tart
I think one of the best parts of this announcement, was the trolling right before. They announced a "new Final Fantasy" but it turned out to be this chibi Final Fantasy World that literally no one was interested in.

I remember thinking it was weird because considering the titles they just announced, there was no way they would bother announcing this small game that they had to know would excite no one, especially since they had to have known it was going to disappoint with a vague hype of a Final Fantasy title.

They knew they were doing this, they were little fucking with us so they could suckerpunch us across the face with VII when our guards were down.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I'm so excited just to follow the excitement leading up to release. All the great memories of back in the day with ACC and Dissidia where I'd check thelifestream.net everyday for all the latest news both big and small (and the exclusive translations). I hope everyone is still up for all that, cause you got a huge fan right here.

Let the speculation begin! Considering the street sign that said "South Edge" and the way the narrator was talking, I'd say this is more than a remake. I think this title will combine the story of FFVII with a new VII-2. I'm seeing it as a reimaging of the world. Sorry, I think that means no Barret in a sailor uniform and other adventures. Much of the story may be removed or reordered. Just look at those soldiers in the rain, they looked very different from the traditional Shinra grunt, but yet the game calls itself a "remake". Hmm, I'm not convinced.

Top Bottom