• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
No that is 100% Steve Burton. Not sure why people think he sounds different. Not sure about Seph but I can hear George Newborn. Just not sure who Aerith is.

Anyways.... Holy hype... Will have to type more when I get home

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
They even did that concept art of original Tifa like a decade back. This is what she should look like:

908340d85dbbb7d4b9ce8b6218a5cb2a-1000.jpg

KiwiPizza

Pro Adventurer
Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
1557444770719.png
So I don't know which character we are controlling between Cloud and Barret. Perhaps Cloud because he appears slightly bigger than Barret? Whoever it is, they have a new move called "Punisher." You can open a more cumbersome command menu with O, and you can probably keybind your favorite abilities from there (a la FFXIV?) like if you get a steal materia? /conjecture

Lex

Administrator
View attachment 2968
So I don't know which character we are controlling between Cloud and Barret. Perhaps Cloud because he appears slightly bigger than Barret? Whoever it is, they have a new move called "Punisher." You can open a more cumbersome command menu with O, and you can probably keybind your favorite abilities from there (a la FFXIV?) like if you get a steal materia? /conjecture

You're controlling Cloud, because later in the trailer when Barret is being controlled his name flips to the bottom aswell:

1557445093037.png

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
No that is 100% Steve Burton. Not sure why people think he sounds different. Not sure about Seph but I can hear George Newborn. Just not sure who Aerith is. Anyways.... Holy hype... Will have to type more when I get home

I hope it is a voice direction thing, but Sephiroth did actually have a different voice actor in KH1 when that guy started to have a voice post-OG. It was KH2 and Advent Children that George Newbern took over as Sephiroth since then until possibly this point. I seriously still hope Quinton Flynn returns as Reno since he reprised his role as Lea/Axel in KH3, and one would think since he first appeared in Midgar(Reno I mean).

For Aerith, probably another new voice actress since she had changes at least three times. Mandy Moore in KH1, Mena Suvari in KH2 and Advent Children...Can't remember the voice actress's name for Aerith in Crisis Core, but I think it's someone different.

They even did that concept art of original Tifa like a decade back.

Tifa also wore her original outfit with her Advent Children design in Dissidia 012 Prequel.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
I hope it is a voice direction thing, but Sephiroth did actually have a different voice actor in KH1 when that guy started to have a voice post-OG. It was KH2 and Advent Children that George Newbern took over as Sephiroth since then until possibly this point. I seriously still hope Quinton Flynn returns as Reno since he reprised his role as Lea/Axel in KH3, and one would think since he first appeared in Midgar(Reno I mean).

For Aerith, probably another new voice actress since she had changes at least three times. Mandy Moore in KH1, Mena Suvari in KH2 and Advent Children...Can't remember the voice actress's name for Aerith in Crisis Core, but I think it's someone different.

Tifa also wore her original outfit with her Advent Children design in Dissidia 012 Prequel.

Lance Bass, but Superman took over and the rest is history.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I've purposefully avoided doing too much theory-crafting and anticipating for news on the remake, in order for this to surprise me as much as possible, and of course avoid disappointment. :mon:

And I'm so glad I did.

Because, this is impressive. I've got chills from this.

To say FFVII is getting a remake doesn't quite capture what this is to me. It feels like a rebirth, almost. Because, seeing the characters, the Midgar cityscape, and the detail of it all,from the Mako Reactor to the streets of Midgar is just... I'm floored.

Let's get the obvious out of the way. The characters look phenomenal. So far, I think they've struck the perfect balance between faithful adaption and breathing new life into the designs. Between Barret's sunglasses and redesigned gun arm, Aerith's newly designed jacket and necklace, and Cloud's updated outfit, this looks so familiar but also something that really utilizes the high def capabilities of the generation. Everyone looks good, like they should in a S-E game. I daresay this might even give FFXV and its world of beautiful people a run for its money. :mon:

But what also sent a warm sense of comfort and excitement over me was seeing the faithful commitment to details from the original setting.

Cloud's Braver and Cross-slash abilities are in tact.

Barret's got his Big Shot ability too.

The Guard Scorpion looks perfect. I recognized the on-board missile silos it launched its attack from immediately.

The Sweepers, circular saw-blade arms and all, are back guarding the Mako Reactor in all their lethal, over-the-top-murder-bot glory.

Apps is as gruesome, silly and bizarre looking as he was back in '97. With updated graphics and design to showcase the sewer mutant monstrosity he is.

Even the fucking Sahagin are the same style as depicted in FFVII, complete with their little tridents!

At this point, the question of if the designers were planning to capture the entirety of the uniquely bizarre fantasy elements of FFVII's enemies and setting has been answered. It's all here. They've all been gathered, thus far. And I'm hyped to see more and how it's showcased. There's a uniformity in the setting and depiction here that is really encouraging from what has been shown before in previous depictions in other games, to now and it just... It feels so good to see the fidelity of FFVII's source material and setting being respected here.

For the part i'm less enthused about... I definitely noticed the difference in voice talent. Which is strange.

I could have sworn I heard Steve Burton as Cloud in the previous trailers for the FFVII Remake. Did something change?

Usually when voice actors are rotated out of projects that they were in continuity with over several years, it's either because the recording studio location changed and no travel expenses were provided, or the game developer simply wanted to hire cheaper, newer voice talent to cut costs in production. Either way, the result is depressing and I really am gonna miss them. Sephiroth's new voice is... Going to take some getting used to. Cloud's voice is good and it sounds like the person is doing their best to capture Steve's portrayal of it. However I love Aerith's voice. The voice situation is certainly... The fly in the ointment of the FFVIIR, so to speak.

But aside from that, this.. Is surprisingly impressive and amazing. My jaw's on the floor. I can't believe I have no glaring fault or concern with it thus far. I feel like I'm dreaming and this is all too good to be true, or something. The deadline and predicted time frame of more info for this game was kept, and more is to come. This is actual, real footage of tangible development. I think I can believe we'll be getting this game sooner rather than later... Wow. What a world...

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
For the part i'm less enthused about... I definitely noticed the difference in voice talent. Which is strange.

I could have sworn I heard Steve Burton as Cloud in the previous trailers for the FFVII Remake. Did something change?

Maybe it's like I said. They decided to fire Steve Burton because they want to do the Out with the old and in the new thing, which makes no sense if he already did his voice work.

Andrea Bowen is Aerith's Crisis Core actress, and that still pretty well sounds like her.

But Cloud and Barret are absolutely different. Sephiroth may be, too.

Thanks. Couldn't remember her name, and I'm glad George Newbern became Sephiroth and not Lance Bass. I've gotten too used to George and Steve at this point. It sucks that they suddenly kicked him out after all of his work in the previous trailers plus him as Cloud in Dissidia NT.

Top Bottom