FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Fangu

Great Old One
My boyfriend asked the same - "so what are they going to call part 2?" I mean, he knew it was just the first part. My reply was "why would they NOT have n00b people believe it was the full game" :monster:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Okay so I'm looking through the art book that came with the deluxe edition, and I'm really confused about the division between Nomura concept art and Roberto Ferrari concept art.
Ferrari did the designs for a lot of Major characters I was sure Nomura would do, Like young Cloud, Aerith, and Tifa, Zangan, Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie (though I've known that one for ages) the entire Shinra cast, and most other Major NPCs that I would figure Nomura would do. But it looks like Nomura designed Cloud's mom, Tifa's dad, and Elmyra? And Johnny's parents too? What? Maybe I'm mistaken, I'm just basing this on how the drawings look.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Okay so I'm looking through the art book that came with the deluxe edition, and I'm really confused about the division between Nomura concept art and Roberto Ferrari concept art.
Ferrari did the designs for a lot of Major characters I was sure Nomura would do, Like young Cloud, Aerith, and Tifa, Zangan, Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie (though I've known that one for ages) the entire Shinra cast, and most other Major NPCs that I would figure Nomura would do. But it looks like Nomura designed Cloud's mom, Tifa's dad, and Elmyra? And Johnny's parents too? What? Maybe I'm mistaken, I'm just basing this on how the drawings look.
I'm assuming it's the same setup as FFXV, which is that Nomura mainly designed the playable characters and Ferrari mainly designed the sub characters, with Nomura providing direction and perhaps art corrections.

Though, I don't think we've actually seen any concept art for the playable characters yet...

Edit: Actually, based on the wording of the recent tweet of his Cloud illustration, might be he didn't do many if any of the new designs, since it describes him only as Cloud's designer for the original game. So given that he was directing the title and simultaneously working on KH3, and doing work as a creative director on other projects, he may have simply delegated art duties on this project.

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I'm assuming it's the same setup as FFXV, which is that Nomura mainly designed the playable characters and Ferrari mainly designed the sub characters, with Nomura providing direction and perhaps art corrections.

Though, I don't think we've actually seen any concept art for the playable characters yet...

Edit: Actually, based on the wording of the recent tweet of his Cloud illustration, might be he didn't do many if any of the new designs, since it describes him only as Cloud's designer for the original game. So given that he was directing the title and simultaneously working on KH3, and doing work as a creative director on other projects, he may have simply delegated art duties on this project.
I'm almost certain the Barret design in the art book is Nomura, its in a very similar style to his Cloud sketch.

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
I'm sure I recall an interview with Nomura from some time in 2015 where he mentioned he was finishing designing Pres. Shinra at the time, but given that Ferrari did Rufus and the rest of the Shinra brass, it's perhaps safe to assume he also did the final design for Pres. Shinra as well? Seems like a situation where Nomura had maybe started working on designs early in development, but Ferrari took on the bulk of the duties some time after that.

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
I'm almost certain the Barret design in the art book is Nomura, its in a very similar style to his Cloud sketch.
Add Ifalna and Domino to everyone else and I'm in agreement with you. It is kinda odd there are no proper illustrations for the main cast aside from him though.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Add Ifalna and Domino to everyone else and I'm in agreement with you. It is kinda odd there are no proper illustrations for the main cast aside from him though.
Its just really strange to me that those are the characters Nomura did.

Turlast

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Haven't posted here in a while, but I feel so relieved to finally have VII Remake. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying it.

Even going through the first Mako reactor stage was fine despite playing it in the demo. I'm just glad this game is a reality.

Currently on chapter 2. Looking forward to all of the future discussions.

Fangu

Great Old One
So she who didn't want a remake and said she wasn't necessarily going to play it pre-ordered it digitally and has now played it for 13 hours in one day. I'm exhausted. :lol:

(II started playing it on Classic but that got boring so fast I'm glad I changed. I'm doing much better than I feared, all that fast paced fighting and dodging in the Yakuza games has helped.)

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
I’m on chapter 14, but I’m avoiding any spoilers. Guys, PLEASE be smarter than me. Save your game! Often. I grinded 6 levels from level 29 to 35 and there was a power blip. I lost all that progress because I was grinding at the coliseum... Apparently it doesn’t auto-save there.

So PLEASE manual save often. I’m absolutely gutted right now... I don’t know what to think. I’m back at level 29... :/

Top Bottom