FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Dunno how the hell an FFVII rhythm game would work but that'd be LOL and you know for sure people would fucking buy it. :monster:
I hope you like to dance. Cloud sure got the moves.

is this a music game thing, like kingdom hearts memory of melodies?
Some are speculating a physical version of Intergrade. Though I don't see the point in that. Anyway wouldn't be surprised for a kind of prologue DLC for part 2 to sooth the wait.

Edit:

Hmm or maybe FFVIIR Intergrade is a new edition of the full game with the DLC included (with some additional extras if SQs feeling generous).

Last edited:

Smoothie King

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pat
I was going to start a Reddit thread with this question, but I figured I’d get a much more clear and concise answer here amongst the elite of the elite experts:
Given all we know about Sephiroth’s motivation in Remake, and his entering into an alternate timeline to correct his own fate, is his body still in the Northern Crater in this particular timeline as well? It would have to be, no? The reason why I’m not 100% there is because everything is completely the same in this timeline…except Sephiroth. He’s the one who has gone back in time. Is his body still stuck in there? It’s too weird to think about.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yes his original body is in the Northern Crater. That has not changed.

I wouldn't say it's confirmed Sephiroth's goal is to "fix his mistakes" however. The only confirmed goal we know that this other Sephiroth carries is to preserve the "precious memories" he holds, and preserve the planet from it's impending demise. He doesn't want himself or those important things to end. It's a "destiny" he wishes to defy.

Smoothie King

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pat
Yes his original body is in the Northern Crater. That has not changed.

I wouldn't say it's confirmed Sephiroth's goal is to "fix his mistakes" however. The only confirmed goal we know that this other Sephiroth carries is to preserve the "precious memories" he holds, and preserve the planet from it's impending demise. He doesn't want himself or those important things to end. It's a "destiny" he wishes to defy.
Thanks. It’s just creepy to me that his physical body still exists, even with all of these insane shenanigans going on. And yeah, by fix his mistakes I basically mean doing what he has to do to change his destiny. I think seeing him in the Northern Crater is going to be very, very powerful.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Gonna be a real hilarious mind fuck when Cloud confronts "Sephiroth" again on the Cargo Ship and he replies with, "Who are you?" :wacky:

The colder demeanor of the FFVII Sephiroth who's sticking with his original plan is going to be creepy and strange, especially to the characters. Because he is still "out there."

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
It’s just creepy to me that his physical body still exists

Just want to build off this with some quick thoughts (and maybe I already posted this elsewhere? Oh well!)

I think a lot of people are curious about how having two Sephiroths, the physical one at the Northern Crater and the mysterious one throughout Chapter 18, will play out. Fortunately, Jenova cells are pretty versatile and may provide a convenient solution. Considering that Jenova obeys the strongest will, it could be that Chapter 18 Sephiroth has never physically visited Remake's planet/timeline, but instead exerts his will over the Jenova cells already there to materialize himself.

We don't know much about Chapter 18 Sephiroth, but if he's gained some insight into how the timelines work (or maybe even some form of godhood), then exerting his will on another timeline (not the past) shouldn't be that far-fetched. I mean this is the guy whose will is so strong that he resisted death at least two times.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
He had to have physically "visited" the Planet though, because he landed on the Midgar Highway. Everyone saw him and he cut his way into the Singularity from there.

So for whatever brief moment, he definitely appeared in reality at that point in time.

Reactions: LNK

waw

Pro Adventurer
Thanks. It’s just creepy to me that his physical body still exists, even with all of these insane shenanigans going on. And yeah, by fix his mistakes I basically mean doing what he has to do to change his destiny. I think seeing him in the Northern Crater is going to be very, very powerful.
But that "real physical body" in the Northern Crater, isn't that a new one that's forming? Help me with my recollection here. My understanding was always his original body dissolved in the Lifestream after Nibelheim and he's reforming it the Nothern Crater with Jenova's head. Wasn't that the whole point of AC? He can't recreate a physical body without Jenova material?

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
But that "real physical body" in the Northern Crater, isn't that a new one that's forming? Help me with my recollection here. My understanding was always his original body dissolved in the Lifestream after Nibelheim and he's reforming it the Nothern Crater with Jenova's head. Wasn't that the whole point of AC? He can't recreate a physical body without Jenova material?
No the implication is that the body in the Northern Crater in the OG is what’s left of Sephiroth’s original body after he fell into The Lifestream during the Nibelheim Incident; and the fact that only the upper half of his body is left could be a reference to that he was impaled by the Buster Sword (the fact that he wasn’t immediately bisected is one of the more common running jokes in the fandom) since it could have caused the lower half of his body to slough off.
And because he fell into The Lifestream with Jenova’s head that allowed him remote control of Jenova’s main body and activate the Reunion instinct within nearly all the Sephiroth copies that existed.
The remaining upper half of Sephiroth’s body eventually transforms/pupates into the Bizarro/Rebirth Sephiroth form, which the Sepher Sephiroth form emerges from.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
The anger is in part justified, the port is still quite barebones in options and still has the anormal price tag of $70/80€ for a PC game.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
No the implication is that the body in the Northern Crater in the OG is what’s left of Sephiroth’s original body after he fell into The Lifestream during the Nibelheim Incident; and the fact that only the upper half of his body is left could be a reference to that he was impaled by the Buster Sword (the fact that he wasn’t immediately bisected is one of the more common running jokes in the fandom) since it could have caused the lower half of his body to slough off.
And because he fell into The Lifestream with Jenova’s head that allowed him remote control of Jenova’s main body and activate the Reunion instinct within nearly all the Sephiroth copies that existed.
The remaining upper half of Sephiroth’s body eventually transforms/pupates into the Bizarro/Rebirth Sephiroth form, which the Sepher Sephiroth form emerges from.

Took him five years though, lol

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
From the Revisted series:

Similar to the above question, have the team seen fans using specific materia set ups online that they hadn't themselves considered during development, and were surprised by?

I don't think I saw too many unexpected combinations, but in hindsight, that might have meant the breadth of the system was a little too narrow, so I will take it as a challenge to improve upon next time.

Yesss. Remake was expertly balanced, but that caused there to be little excitement as far as materia combinations. Glad to hear they're interested in expanding that in future games.

Sector 8 was very briefly shown in the 2015 PSX Trailer, how much did the zone change in development between 2015 and the launch of the game?

The early scenes take place in the busy downtown district, but we paid attention to how the cityscape changes as Cloud is pursued by Shinra and gradually moves out towards the suburbs.

This level-of-detail is wild. I'm playing through the chapter in my head, and yeah, the buildings before Cloud fights The Huntsman are small residential homes. I just can't believe how much thought they put in that largely goes unnoticed.

It feels like a lot of care was taken with the lighting in the scene where Cloud and Sephiroth face off amidst the flames feels. What were the bits you struggled with here, and what do you want to draw attention to?

As the only light source in the scene is the flames, we mixed multiple different hues of light, such as reds and oranges, to make sure that Cloud and Sephiroth's skin tones did not look too flat. I would like to draw attention to the feeling of tension in the scene and the impression of heat from the flames that cannot be created from just a single colour of light.

Wow, shows just how in-depth game development and visual design is these days. I'd never think about the lightning caused by flames in a thousand years. Love this series so far.

Top Bottom