FFVII Remake: Intergrade Yuffie DLC Announced

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Not to mention that the reason for summoning Meteor was not to destroy the Planet (as @ultima786 seems to believe), but to cause a big wound.

Hold on now. Sephiroth’s goal is to absorb all the spirit energy of the Planet and boogie on into the stars. Ultimately his goal is to leave the world a lifeless husk. The “wound” he talks about is specifically a wound that would cause all living organisms to revert to spirit energy (aka die in the meteor impact) and for that spirit energy to follow its metabiological impulse to go ‘scab’ the wound, floating right into his trap. I always imagined this would be like how vegetation eventually covers an island of volcanic rock, although what we see in the northern crater looks more like geological growth rather than biological.

Yeah, that just seems like something the creators would not want to change. It would then change way too much other stuff

I’m inclined to agree but the folks at Square-Enix are working very hard to get us aaaall the way off their backs about how their story is gonna go, even so far as to remake the remake so we can have a remake and also Remake.

Last edited:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
It's in the Temple of the Anchients that Sephrioth outlines what he's trying to do. It's... pretty straightforward.
Sephiroth
You stupid fools. You have never even thought about it.
All the spirit energy of this Planet. All its wisdom... knowledge...
I will meld with it all. I will become one with it... it will become one with me.

Tseng
...you can do that?

Sephiroth
The way...... lies here.
Only death awaits you all. But do not fear.
For it is through death that a new spirit energy is born. Soon, you will live again as a part of me.
Aeris
How do you intend to become one with the Planet?

Sephiroth
It's simple.
Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury.
The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury.
...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet?
Think how much energy would be gathered!
Ha ha ha. And at the center of that injury, will be me.
All that boundless energy will be mine.
By merging with all the energy of the Planet, I will become a new life form, a new existence.
Melding with the Planet... I will cease to exist as I am now...
Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every soul.

Aeris
An injury powerful enough to destroy the Planet?
Injure... the Planet?

Sephiroth
Behold that mural. The Ultimate Destructive Magic... Meteor.
Meteor has only ever been a means to an end for Sephrioth.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I’m inclined to agree but the folks at Square-Enix are working very hard to get us aaaall the way off their backs about how their story is gonna go, even so far as to remake the remake so we can have a remake and also Remake.
They heard you like playing remakes, so they're giving you a remake of Remake, so you can play a remake while waiting on them to finish making Remake.

At this point I'm almost thankful to Square for giving me a good reason to come up with crackpot theories. Square just opened up Pandora's Box to such an extent with the ending of FFVIIR Part 1 that there are almost no limits to what could happen. I hate it but I also love it now, in the way that a madman laughs maniacally at seeing a tapestry fall apart.

"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If I am to die, I must simply laugh."

"The black whisper wind howls... One among you......will shortly perish." Magus spoke to Cloud and Aerith in the Temple of the Ancients.

"WE WON'T LET IT HAPPEN!" Aerith yelled defiantly back at the person who was acting as the Time Guardian because the normal guardian was on coffee break.

BUT...
THE FUTURE REFUSED TO CHANGE.

*Jenova's triumphant cry reverberates around the planet as the last Cetran dies*

Those are Chrono Trigger quotes. :monster: I can take none of the glory.

Tres quoted one of the game's alternate endings where Magus goes to battle Lavos alone even though he pretty much knows it means his own doom.
"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If I am to die, I must simply laugh."

If you meet Magus when he is a child he will tell the party:
"The black wind howls... One among you......will shortly perish."

And the quote
"BUT...THE FUTURE REFUSED TO CHANGE."
is from if you let the world be destroyed by Lavos.
Chrono Trigger (U)_00013.png

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
"Guided by the calls of the Planet, the gears of a new Destiny begin to turn"
At this point I'm almost thankful to Square for giving me a good reason to come up with crackpot theories. Square just opened up Pandora's Box to such an extent with the ending of FFVIIR Part 1 that there are almost no limits to what could happen. I hate it but I also love it now, in the way that a madman laughs maniacally at seeing a tapestry fall apart.
This is the part where I'm most confused by Square. They clearly made some groundbreaking moves at the end of Part I, but at the same time, considering what most of the game was like, and the fact that they said they will keep it in that same line, I don't know how they can effectively make some crazy, Pandora-like change to the story and still be similar to the original like Part I 90% is.

The "Remake is a sequel in disguise" speech that Max, the streamer, says in his streams seems so unlikely to me. Maybe they just hint it and leave at that, but flat out confirming it just doesn't pluck in my head.

I don't know if I'm being too skeptical of Square's crazyness or too sure that no company would make such a risky move to their golden magical goose, that even shoots out Battle Royale games that we know will make lots of money.

Those are Chrono Trigger quotes. :monster: I can take none of the glory.

Tres quoted one of the game's alternate endings where Magus goes to battle Lavos alone even though he pretty much knows it means his own doom.

If you meet Magus when he is a child he will tell the party:
"The black wind howls... One among you......will shortly perish."

And the quote
"BUT...THE FUTURE REFUSED TO CHANGE."
is from if you let the world be destroyed by Lavos.
View attachment 9331
Welp, here we go again for the Chrono Trigger replay number 20 something

ultima786

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ultima
"Guided by the calls of the Planet, the gears of a new Destiny begin to turn"

Crack plot twist: After his encounter with Minerva, Genesis is now attuned with the will of the Planet (or at least one major avatar of it). The destruction of the Whispers cause the Planet to awaken Genesis early and so the gears of a new Destiny begin to turn. :awesome:

Super crack plot twist: Yuffie's and Sonon's shenanigans end up releasing Deepground and possibly awakening Genesis. This is why the Whispers all circle like mad in- and around the Shinra HQ near the end of FFVIIR Part 1: They are in fact doing everything they can to prevent Deepground and Genesis from getting above ground early. Then Sephiroth does his schtick, the Whispers are forced to direct their attentions elsewhere, and thus Deepground and Genesis emerge three years earlier than they are supposed to.

Honestly dude, you are on to something. I really freaking like it, especially to make sense of why the hell these Whispers are randomly circling. Aerith herself even admits she doesn't understand what they are doing.

Not to mention that the reason for summoning Meteor was not to destroy the Planet (as @ultima786 seems to believe), but to cause a big wound.

I mean... he wanted to make all Lifestream spirit energy his. So fine, he wants to create a big wound and not destroy the planet, but then he wants to absorb all the Lifestream which would all but destroy it, and use the planet as a vessel to continue to do so across the cosmos. However, in remake, i think there is enough evidence to suggest he does not want to do that same thing. Chapter 2 he makes it clear he does not want the planet to die. It appears this is simply because "I will not end, nor will I have you end." So the new plan involves Cloud, somehow. I've already speculated as per OTWTAS that he simply needs Jenova-Cloud to survive and retain his spirit energy. So long as Cloud remembers him, Sephiroth can utilize Jenova to reform. Jenova is the link between both of them. Only Cloud has enough memories of Sephiroth, only Cloud has an intense memory with him (his mother being killed, his Village destroyed, his child-hood friend stabbed, etc).

Last edited:

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
A few things:

1. I absolutely adore FFVII, and even I had zero idea who Weiss was until I came into the TLS community. I'm certainly not super knowledgable about the lore like Obsidian, Mako, Shademp, Cae, etc, but I'd say I know more than a 'casual VII fan', so....don't underestimate just how niche Dirge and Weiss actually are. I'd be more surprised if the reactors knew who he was, to be honest, and I'm continually surprised at how many people know about Crisis Core stuff despite it never being ported off a dead console in the PSP. Dirge is even more niche.

2. Someone, I think Cae, brought up the idea that the special ending scene of Dirge with Genesis and Weiss might actually take place at an earlier stage than everyone had always thought...like during the remake. I'd laugh if true.

3. That Magus quote from Chrono Trigger is awesome. Well both of them, the one when he's a kid and when he's an adult. Square, please bring that game to modern consoles...

Last edited:

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
Wasn't there the whole fuss about Square making new remakes alongside Forever Entertainment?

I'd be damned if Chrono Trigger wasn't at least a top dog name for them

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I doubt we'll get much from modders in the Rewriting Code Department.
Never underestimate the pc modding community. They will come up with things no one knew could be done or knew they wanted done. Texture/model swap-outs are baby stuff. Messing around with code takes a bit longer... but it does happen on plenty of games.

That FFVII: Remake runs on Unreal Engine will make the modding that much easier as people have been experimenting with modding Unreal Engine games for a while.

Areega

Sephiroth's Best Friend
AKA
Ariga
I wonder if, seeing that hardly anyone can get a PS5 right now, SE might decide to downgrade the Yuffie dlc for the PS4 somewhere down the line? Or is that just very wishful thinking?

Top Bottom