FFVII Remake: Intergrade Yuffie DLC Announced

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I don't think they're making a new separate continuity. :monster:

I think they're treating the Remake ultimately like they said they would.

As the final installment of the Compilation. Whatever time shenanigans exist or have been hinted at, I believe they're going at it with the intention not to delete their previous work, and that's what's been shown so far. They're going to hammer this title into this unique space via the power of alchemy.

No where have any of these people tried to erase their own work. They're doubling down. They're refining it. They're celebrating it. Because they love it and are proud of it. This ain't no DC Warner Bros or Disney shit where they split off their work to try and appease everyone through rebooting until the focus group numbers optimize.

Hell, and Nomura and Nojima don't take kindly to having their ideas scrapped. You really think they're gonna co-sign to that? Nojima
wanted Tidus dead and he took that out on him in the FFX novellas
and Nomura's still reincarnating Versus XIII in Kingdom Hearts. They don't let go :monster:

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
Well, all I know is that after killing the three Whisper versions of Yazoo, Loz, and Kadaj(who were trying to keep the timeline that created them intact), Advent Children is definitelly not happening anymore.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
I don't think they're making a new separate continuity. :monster:

I think they're treating the Remake ultimately like they said they would.

As the final installment of the Compilation. Whatever time shenanigans exist or have been hinted at, I believe they're going at it with the intention not to delete their previous work, and that's what's been shown so far. They're going to hammer this title into this unique space via the power of alchemy.

No where have any of these people tried to erase their own work. They're doubling down. They're refining it. They're celebrating it. Because they love it and are proud of it. This ain't no DC Warner Bros or Disney shit where they split off their work to try and appease everyone through rebooting until the focus group numbers optimize.

Hell, and Nomura and Nojima don't take kindly to having their ideas scrapped. You really think they're gonna co-sign to that? Nojima
wanted Tidus dead and he took that out on him in the FFX novellas
and Nomura's still reincarnating Versus XIII in Kingdom Hearts. They don't let go :monster:
They’ve already suggested that the remake exists in its own continuity from the OG, otherwise we’d have to retroactively consider the Whispers as part of the OG story when they pretty clearly aren’t.

What this DOESN’T mean is that AC and DoC are being erased, but recontextualized in relation to the remake. Those events are still canon to the OG regardless of where the remake goes, but whether or not the future of the remake is the same as the OG is still up in the air imo.

This doesn’t make Remake any less of a Compilation entry either. Actually, I think it’s a smart way to bring some finality to the Compilation because I highly doubt they’re going to just rehash AC and DoC for the post-Remake future. If they introduce those plot points early (as they’re already doing), they can close the Compilation with whatever the ending of Remake is instead of circling back to stories we’ve already seen.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
It exists as its own continuity from the OG because it is different than the OG. After all, I certainly don't remember the Arbiter of Fates existing in the OG.

What this DOESN’T mean is that AC and DoC are being erased, but recontextualized in the context of the remake. Those events are still canon to the OG regardless of where the remake goes, but whether or not the future of the remake is the same as the OG is still up in the air imo.

Maybe the Remake is the past and the future. :awesome:

Regardless, you can't say DoC is being erased/recontextualized/etc when it is literally right in our faces where it was originally placed within the continuity of the Compilation. This is not complicated. Unless something is shown in the DLC where the story does something massively outside itself, like unleash Deepground Soldiers onto the planet ala Pandora opening the box which contained all of the ills of the world, DG will remain in their proper spot to then proceed to the next act within the Compilation.

And that's highly unlikely to me. Why?

nomura-25-05-21-png.9935

:monster:

I highly doubt they’re going to just rehash AC and DoC for the post-remake future. If they introduce those plot points early (as they’re already doing), they can close the Compilation with whatever the ending of Remake is instead of circling back to stories we’ve already seen.

I don't think they're going to "rehash" it either. You think they're going to make Advent Children again? No, they're just going to leave it as is and let the future lead into those events. The relationship of the Remake as the past or future (or both) is up in the air, but it ultimately leads to the same place. I don't think they're trying to redo the future.

Unless it's to make a new FFVII story entirely in the future but I doubt that.

They totally should remake Dirge of Cerberus though. Just sayin'.

Well, all I know is that after killing the three Whisper versions of Yazoo, Loz, and Kadaj(who were trying to keep the timeline that created them intact), Advent Children is definitelly not happening anymore.

Who says they died or they failed? And that wouldn't even make sense because for Rubrum, Corceo and Viridi to have shown up there in the first place, they would have had to have survived and then become Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo in order to defend their own existence. The fact that they were there in the Singularity pretty much confirms their own existence. It's a paradoxical loop.

Last edited:

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
Regardless, you can't say DoC is being erased/recontextualized/etc when it is literally right in our faces where it was originally placed within the continuity of the Compilation. This is not complicated.
What’s being shown now doesn’t guarantee that the events of DoC will proceed exactly the same way once we get past the timeframe of the OG though. Same deal with Advent Children, why would the events of Advent Children still happen exactly as they did following the OG after everything that happened at the end of Remake?

Like I said, I’m not saying it erases AC and DoC, that stuff still happened somewhere. But if you consider Remake a separate continuity from the OG, all we can do is assume that those events might have happened if not for all the Whisper stuff but now that we’ve killed fate, the future might not be so predetermined. I mean, it wouldn’t be much of a conclusion to the Compilation if it ultimately boils down to “that stuff we already did 20 years ago.” Doesn’t sound much like an “unknown journey”, don’t you think?

If there’s anything that would erase AC and DoC, I feel like remaking those two would do exactly that (remastering is another story). At least with the current state of things, those works are still just as relevant as the OG is rather than Remake replacing OG like some expected it to.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I mean... I'm of the opinion that Remake happened "after" AC and DoC. In that AC and DoC happened in Sephrioth and Aerith's pasts before they time-traveled. Probably also Cloud's past as well. The events of AC and DoC did "happen". It's more a question of "when" on the overall grand time-line that is more complicated.

NKN are just playing around in Remake with "what if something different happened than the original timeline in these settings?"

Last edited:

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
I mean... I'm of the opinion that Remake happening "after" AC and DoC. In that AC and DoC happened in Sephrioth and Aerith's pasts before they time-traveled. Probably also Cloud's past as well. The events of AC and DoC did "happen". It's more a question of "when" on the overall grand time-line that is more complicated.

NKN are just playing around in Remake with "what if something different happened than the original timeline in these settings?"
I think functionally that achieves the same effect as the remake being in a separate continuity as the OG, only now Aerith and Sephiroth are aware of what’s “supposed” to happen rather than them actually having lived it already and time traveling...the details of it are anybody’s guess but I think that puts us in the same direction regardless

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
What’s being shown now doesn’t guarantee that the events of DoC will proceed exactly the same way once we get there though. Same deal with Advent Children, why would the events of Advent Children still happen exactly as they did following the OG after everything that happened at the end of Remake?

All I can say then, is "we'll see." :monster:

Would it happen exactly the same? Maybe it won't! But I think 99% of it will because the conclusion and resolution of the Remake will end in a manner that sufficiently aligns with what happened in FFVII. Yes, there will be differences. After all, look at INTERgrade. But those differences won't ultimately divert the inevitable conclusion of "FFVII" no matter what version of it plays out.

Like I said, I’m not saying it erases AC and DoC, that stuff still happened somewhere. But if you consider Remake a separate continuity from the OG, all we can do is assume that those events might have happened if not for all the Whisper stuff but now that we’ve killed fate, the future might not be so predetermined.

We'll see :monster:

I mean, it wouldn’t be much of a conclusion to the Compilation if it ultimately boils down to “that stuff we already did 20 years ago.” Doesn’t sound much like an “unknown journey”, don’t you think?

The unknown is in the journey, not the destination. :awesome:

Like, Intergrade is the perfect example of that. They can easily juggle shit around in FFVII but also dance to the beat of their established overarching canon. And there's going to be even more unknown factors. My own perspective is to not get too distracted by the unresolved tension established by the ending. I do think it matters, but I think it mostly matters in terms of its own contained parallel plot line, not as a plot that completely overturns and redirects FFVII proper.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
All I can say then, is "we'll see." :monster:

Would it happen exactly the same? Maybe it won't! But I think 99% of it will because the conclusion and resolution of the Remake will end in a manner that sufficiently aligns with what happened in FFVII. Yes, there will be differences. After all, look at INTERgrade. But those differences won't ultimately divert the inevitable conclusion of "FFVII" no matter what version of it plays out.

We'll see :monster:

The unknown is in the journey, not the destination. :awesome:

Like, Intergrade is the perfect example of that. They can easily juggle shit around in FFVII but also dance to the beat of their established overarching canon. And there's going to be even more unknown factors. My own perspective is to not get too distracted by the unresolved tension established by the ending. I do think it matters, but I think it mostly matters in terms of its own contained parallel plot line, not as a plot that completely overturns and redirects FFVII proper.
I mean we’re on the same page as far as what happens within the timeframe of the OG story and whether or not it’ll ultimately go in the same direction. But after the events of the OG?

I feel like after all this time, it would be kind of underwhelming to get to the end of not only the remake but the end of the whole compilation, the culmination of Cloud’s journey spanning probably 30+ years worth of material by the time the remake is done, only for him to ultimately...

Still fall into depression, still catch geostigma, still have problems with Tifa, still fight Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo, still fight Sephiroth etc. Otherwise even if Remake is the last entry of the Compilation, it’s not really the “end”, Dirge is.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I feel like after all this time, it would be kind of underwhelming to get to the end of not only the remake but the end of the whole compilation, the culmination of Cloud’s journey spanning probably 30+ years worth of material by the time the remake is done, only for him to ultimately...

Still fall into depression, still catch geostigma, still have problems with Tifa, still fight Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo, still fight Sephiroth etc.

I mean.

He does get better. It's not like he died alone, depressed, and despondent. That's ultimately what the message of the movie was. Pain and despair don't have to be the final conclusion; that's what family and friends are for. To help you overcome the past and move forward.

What it sounds like you want is something beyond the known future of FFVII, which maybe they'll do that, but I honestly think after X amount of time working on FFVII-R, NKN are going to frankly be burned the hell out. It's going to end with the Remake after X amount of years of production, so they can all work on other things.

Like FFX-3. :monster:

You know it's coming.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
What it sounds like you want is something beyond the known future of FFVII, which maybe they'll do that, but I honestly think after X amount of time working on FFVII-R, NKN are going to frankly be burned the hell out. It's going to end with the Remake after X amount of years of production, so they can all work on other things.
Well, that’s the thing. They could either have AC and DoC still occur post-Remake to save themselves the trouble of remaking post-OG FF7 OR they could recontexualize AC and DoC and similarly save themselves the trouble of completely remaking those titles, only now with more freedom for the post-OG future.

I think both approaches boil down to whether or not the events of AC and DoC still have to occur post-Remake but ultimately achieve the same result. It just seems to me that one has more freedom than the other. As far as going beyond FF7, I’d be fine with an epilogue at the end of the remake rather than a whole new title introducing another conflict.

You know it's coming.
:hooboy:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate

You know it's coming.

Depending on what plot/characters they go with, it would be cool if X-3 was a direct prequal to before crisis/crisis core. I'd prefer a prequal to ff10, but I wouldn't mind if they actually made a game that was more of a tie-in to 7 and 10

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
If their intention is to keep AC and DoC as canon, even after the remake, then they will need to make another game after Dirge, to explain Genesis waking up and picking Weiss' body.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
If their intention is to keep AC and DoC as canon, even after the remake, then they will need to make another game after Dirge, to explain Genesis waking up and picking Weiss' body.

I disagree that they need to make a game about that. Would I like one though? Of course! Genesis is one of my favorite characters in the ff7 universe.

My guess is we will see what happens leading up to Genesis "sleeping" in a DLC or something though

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I am looking at Ever Crisis with how it's going to have original stuff written for it by Nojima... and the idea that time-travel happened after DoC... and I'm thinking Ever Crisis would be a very natural place to put an "after DoC, this stuff happened for Remake to happen" story.

I might also have some favorite (and controversial) picks who exactly who in-universe would have the motive and personality to decide something like time-travel to get a do-over of the OG time-period would be a good idea. That the direct consequence of Harbringer being that Zack is potentially no longer dead definetly has something to do with it.

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
I disagree that they need to make a game about that. Would I like one though? Of course! Genesis is one of my favorite characters in the ff7 universe.

My guess is we will see what happens leading up to Genesis "sleeping" in a DLC or something though

The Compilation will remain open-ended then. Because Genesis did wake up and pick Weiss' body at the end of DoC. That happened.

Saven

Pro Adventurer
It should've been pretty obvious to everyone who played DoC that the Compilation was coming back no matter what the moment Barret woke up in Deepground. Even moreso when it was confirmed that the Whispers you fight in the final battle were Sephiroth's Remnants. Genesis will be back someday. Shit, at this point, I am expecting the official connection between FFX and FFVII to be finally made before the end of the Remake lol.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
It should've been pretty obvious to everyone who played DoC that the Compilation was coming back no matter what the moment Barret woke up in Deepground. Even moreso when it was confirmed that the Whispers you fight in the final battle were Sephiroth's Remnants. Genesis will be back someday. Shit, at this point, I am expecting the official connection between FFX and FFVII to be finally made before the end of the Remake lol.
To be clear the Whisper Harbinger trio is a reference/has a connection to the Sephiroth remnants. I don’t think has ever been stated explicitly that they are literally Kadaj, Yazoo, and Loz.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
New patch for the game in preparation for Intergrade.

Article said:
Today Square Enix released a new update Version 1.02 for Final Fantasy VII Remake. It's a very small update that simply adds the ability to pick a save file to upload to prepare to transfer to next week's incoming PlayStation 5 Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade version of the game.

Note that you can perform the save data transfer entirely from a PlayStation 5, including if you've already downloaded the PlayStation 4 version of the game to the console.

The update will add a simple Upload Save Data to the main menu screen. Simply select this and you'll be greeted with the familiar save menu layout.

Once here, simply select which file you'd like to upload. It appears only one file is uploaded at a time in this manner underneath Successfully Uploaded Data, but the tooltip mentions that the process can be repeated as many times as desired. Trophies will also carry over to the new version. Handy stuff in case you want to immediately go into end-game battle simulator trials in the new version of the game.

In case you missed it, we were able to go over some preview footage of the new PlayStation 5 exclusive Yuffie-centric Episode Intermission last week.

Also, we checked, but 1.02 does not alter the door to Cloud's apartment.

Top Bottom