• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII Remake: Intergrade Yuffie DLC Announced

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
10 DAYS LEFT!:excited::headbang:
Is everyone going to play through the DLC INTERmission right away or play INTERGRADE first?
I'm not sure which I'll play first, actually.
I hope trophies will carry over
I had platinumed one game on the PS4 (WRC9) before getting the PS5 upgrade, the trophies did not carry over. I think that games on different systems are considered "different games" as far as trophies as concerned (that was applicable to games released on PS3/PS4). Anyone knows an exception?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
It would make no sense for trophies to not carry over because the game save data is carrying over. Those flags that denote trophy achievement should be ticked and therefore achieved. It'd be strange if your save file of game progress was carried over but no actual achievements were.

Tell that to the FFXIV devs! :wackymonster:

edit: although that was like a whole different trophy list for PS5 so I guess the comparison is not entirely fair :monster:

Last edited:

Saven

Pro Adventurer
New content first. Going to try and finish up my Hard mode playthrough this and next week before Intergrade comes out that I started way back in October and finally get the Platinum. After that, I am going to do a full playthrough including the DLC chapters. Not sure if it will be Normal or Hard mode, it depends on how the trophies will be set up.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Track 19- Weiss and Nero

Well. I guess that answers who else Yuffie and Sonon are going to meet in Deepground.

Dear God, it's DC's Extra Mission #39 "Brotherly Love," except for real.

In terms of music, all I ask for is a remix of "Arms of Shinra" from DC's soundtrack as you fight wave after wave of Deepground Soldiers with ever increasing weaponry. Would be fucking hilarious if a Dragonfly showed up and chased you as you tried to escape out of the closing door to Deepground and then it crashes into it.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Also, Track 22 - Commence the Cleansing, screams it's some sort of prelude or introductory track for meeting or fighting Weiss.

Something tells me it'll be a callback to Weiss' friendly greeting to the world where he announces:

"The pure will be 'spared' for the cause, while the tainted will be hunted down and exterminated. They shall be slashed, strangled, and slaughtered. Beaten, stabbed, and crushed. Garroted and impaled. Shot and executed without mercy. The time has come to cleanse this world."

And I just can't imagine them not using the leitmotif of Weiss' "Immaculate Frenzy" track for his battle theme. It fits too perfectly for the intro of his fight.

Really hope they keep that weird techno/synth sound effect in Nero's fight music when you battle him. Dunno if they'd bother to keep that detail but I always loved how he began his fight with Vincent saying, "Ah... So you wish to dance." And then that techno beat just dropped as he pulled his two guns out of his darkness and twirled another pair of guns with his wing hands. :monster:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
"The Happy Turtle Fight Song."

My guess is that is a drunkard song for the Turtle's Paradise Pub in Wutai

Edit: Geez, there are a lot of songs that allude to the pub

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
@Makoeyes987
"The pure will be 'spared' for the cause, while the tainted will be hunted down and exterminated. They shall be slashed, strangled, and slaughtered. Beaten, stabbed, and crushed. Garroted and impaled. Shot and executed without mercy. The time has come to cleanse this world."
This isn't Weiss saying this in DoC. It's Hojo in control of Weiss's body. And Hojo is trying to wake Omega up. Who can only be woken up by people who *don't* have some form of Lifestream taint. Which by then would be either geostigma (Jenova) or some other Weapon (like Chaos in Nero and Vincent).

Hojo's reaction when Nero merges with Weiss later in DoC is hilarious because he sees Nero as the one thing that can wreck Weiss' "purity" (by putting parts of Chaos in Weiss). He's actually right about this as according to Nomura and Chiba, Nero merging with Weiss is one of the main reasons Omega in DoC isn't like what the legends say it should be...

Weiss himself doesn't care that he has Nero's power/taint since he now has control of his body again and he never actually cared about how people became powerful. Just that they are strong enough to not bore him to death when he fights them. And even then, that takes a back-seat to any plan that involves getting out of Deepground. Weiss's real desire is getting out of DG...

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
While it's true that was Hojo in Weiss saying that, it's clear that through the nature of retroactive referencing and continuity, they've made those words/moment connected to the real Weiss for Intergrade.

The writers could easily make it to where Hojo read Weiss' memories and/or personality and was able to act in a way that matched his true persona. After all, none of his fellow DG comrades even noticed or thought Weiss was acting funny or out of character while possessed. So clearly how Weiss was acting in Dirge was not that outside of his true personality. He clearly likes to "hunt."

Hell, that was a "game" he played in the Multiplayer mode. Those who made the rank of Tsviet had to essentially play tag and be "it" while he hunted them in his throne room. It was a survival match, so :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
... Before Crisis Chapter 5's Professor Rayleigh?

One of the researchers who worked on SOLDIER and who's data was stolen by AVALANCHE to create the mindless pseudo-SOLDIERs called the Ravens? The VIP Cloud was protecting as a teenager?!

What.

... Was she a fucking AVALANCHE spy/sympathizer all along?

What the fuck is this DLC..?

Top Bottom