FFVIIR Official Concept Art & Twitter Whatnots

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
At the end of the day, they are not main characters and the story does not revolve around them. They will get as much attention and have as much presence as a secondary character can be given without unfocusing the main (Cloud's) story.

And when their stories intersect Cloud's?

Yes, but if they're putting such love and care into what we've seen so far.. do you really think they're going to short us on our interactions with them in the game?

Nothing I've seen of them so far promotes this idea.

I suppose not. Though we haven't seen much of Cloud actually directly conversing with them. Only participating in missions together. We haven't seen anything of them actually interacting together outside of the missions. It would be nice to see just a glimpse of their story-related stuff in the launch trailer rather than more mission stuff.

For that matter, Jairus, you've been told -- from people who have done the deep dive into the leaks -- that you have nothing to be concerned about.

I guess not. It's more that I want them to be included in the non-trailer marketing along with everyone else and not left out, is all. They've had barely a presence in it so far. And that while they've got segments of the game apparently devoted to them, that they'll still have a presence outside those segments as long as they're able to do so. Obviously not after the plate collapse, but before it.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
They've had barely a presence in it so far.
Dude, they've had more presence in the trailers than major recurring characters like the Turks and the Shinra Execs, and even Red XIII, who is a fucking party member. They have been featured in nearly every trailer except for the latest one, which focused on sections of the game that take place when they're not around.

There will be character renders and profiles for them in due time, I'm sure.

Jairus

Suzaku, I was talking about non-trailer marketing - renders, info drops, that sort of thing.

Jairus

I guess that makes sense, though I don't know why it matters when they drop those promotional materials about them. The game comes out when it comes out, and I don't know what difference it makes releasing the materials later rather than sooner.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I'm the opposite; I like knowing what my options are in regards to how side quests progress. Organic moments sound great, until you realize you missed out on something because you didn't actually "finish" the quest. Now, you either have to go back to an old save (who knows when that was) or finish the quest on your next playthrough.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Boy, this press release caused quite a stir, didn't it? This is the most heated I've seen things get here in a while. Side quests are always going to serve as a bit of padding in games, they basically just exist to give the player more to do. You can either have Chrono Trigger style quests that meaningfully effect the game world and develop the characters' arcs more, or you can have menial, tedious, slow descents into insanity like your FFXV endless fetch quests or Crisis Core"s 150 mission from hell (though that was due to the games portable nature.) I don't need them to be amazing, I just don't want to feel like I'm going to gouge my own eyes out by the end of them.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Uh so..... the Remake accounts just posted the FULL INTRO MOVIE (in 1080p not 4K). It's 5min 17sec, longer than the demo intro. If you wish to postpone viewing this until you've got the game in your hands/downloaded from PSN...... you should look away from their social media accounts now. I'm surprised they've posted it with 2 months left to go.....

Japanese

English

No difference between the two that I can see (stupid ESRB rating mark aside) but... since we usually post both.:monster:

Last edited:

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Uh so..... the Remake accounts just posted the FULL INTRO MOVIE (in 1080p not 4K). It's 5min 17sec, longer than the demo intro. If you wish to postpone viewing this until you've got the game in your hands/downloaded from PSN...... you should look away from their social media accounts now. I'm surprised they've posted it with 2 months left to go.....

Japanese

English

No difference between the two that I can see but... since we usually post both.:monster:
Ramping up, ramping up!!

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
We've gotten a lot of new media in the past few weeks, which is nice, but I can't help but feel they might be blowing their wad too early with it. This all would've made more sense had the release date remained unchanged, which leads me to think maybe the change was quite last-minute.

Intro looks great by the way, but:

still VERY unsure what to think of the vocals for OWA being in there. It's fairly evident by this point that they're positioning Sephiroth as the primary villain earlier in the story than in the OG, which I've accepted - I'm simply unsure as to whether I like it or not yet.

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
I tend to agree with that, but damn...the ominous, dark vibe it gives it's so good. Really conflicts me. Also, is the beggining of the intro a pre-reactor life of sorts? Like, the Reactor the girl sees, is it supposed to be the first reactor being turned on? Cuz I would like that notion a lot

pxp

Pro Adventurer
I tend to agree with that, but damn...the ominous, dark vibe it gives it's so good. Really conflicts me. Also, is the beggining of the intro a pre-reactor life of sorts? Like, the Reactor the girl sees, is it supposed to be the first reactor being turned on? Cuz I would like that notion a lot
While I think it's kind of ambiguous re: whether it's attempting to show the first Reactor turning on, those shots of Midgar were shown to a select few at E3 2019 and it was stated that it was conceptualised as a Shinra propaganda video. So it's kind of showing Midgar being built I suppose, and how life is better now etc.

In my mind though, I always envisaged the Reactors to be aged by number, so No 1 as oldest and No 8 as youngest. Which might even be noticeable in how they're designed in the Remake.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
...Didn't think I could still be impressed by the same opening yet here it is with a new portion I didn't even know existed.

The OWA lyrics chanting low with the music gives an ominous, horrific atmosphere to the entire scene and setting of the story; as if Sephiroth's very presence lurks in the shadows. Waiting for the moment to strike and murder anyone in his path. A monster that's ready to devour all life on the planet while everyone just innocently goes on about life.

I love it. It sets up what's happening and what you know is going to happen later on.

Top Bottom