FFVIIR Official Concept Art & Twitter Whatnots

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
I guess I should have known to expect it, but the sheer amount of anime grunts is already irritating. After the train pulls in, before anyone says a word, it's literally 30 seconds of various grunts/sighs.
giphy.gif

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Uh so..... the Remake accounts just posted the FULL INTRO MOVIE (in 1080p not 4K). It's 5min 17sec, longer than the demo intro. If you wish to postpone viewing this until you've got the game in your hands/downloaded from PSN...... you should look away from their social media accounts now. I'm surprised they've posted it with 2 months left to go.....

Japanese

English

No difference between the two that I can see (stupid ESRB rating mark aside) but... since we usually post both.:monster:

For once I'm happy that I failed to observe my yearly "no internet and no social media day".

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I guess I should have known to expect it, but the sheer amount of anime grunts is already irritating. After the train pulls in, before anyone says a word, it's literally 30 seconds of various grunts/sighs.
Me, being a degenerate 20-something, watch so much anime that I didn't even notice until you pointed it out. Japan what have you done to me!?

Riruka

Rookie Adventurer
Small observation regarding the opening:

I like that they reused the idea of the bird flying over Midgar from the E3 2015 trailer, but I like even more that it seems to be an aging bird, if that's what you take its white feathers to mean. Nice bit of symbolism representing older fans "returning".

SAME. I was debating on whether or not the bird in this opening was the same bird as in the E3 2015 trailer, just wrecked by pollution and possible starvation. Poor birdy doesn't look so good. Pair the bird with the dying flower and the obviously starving dog pawing through the garbage and wow, gut punch.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Alright, I was an idiot lol. Should've checked over there before making an issue out of it, I guess. I just didn't think they'd have stuff there that wasn't on the US site or on the official twitter.

Now that we do have those renders, it seems to me that the possibility of the trio being guest combatants just got a bit higher since they now have profile pictures to go on the menu screen.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Alright, I was an idiot lol. Should've checked over there before making an issue out of it, I guess. I just didn't think they'd have stuff there that wasn't on the US site or on the official twitter.

Now that we do have those renders, it seems to me that the possibility of the trio being guest combatants just got a bit higher since they now have profile pictures to go on the menu screen.
Wouldn’t be so sure about that - plenty of renders there of known-NPCs, but you never know!

Jairus

Except that we did see Wedge in the combat UI in the latest screen of the bike minigame, and I doubt they'd only that for one single gameplay segment. So hopefully they'll serve in a similar role gameplay-wise as XIII's Team NORA while they're still around and able to do it.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
It would be a little strange if the AI guest part member functionality was just reserved for Nanaki though, wouldn't it? Then again, Roche in the latest trailer goes out of his way to ask cloud for a 1 on 1, conveniently leaving out Biggs and Wedge. They are AI controlled in the bike sequences though.

Jairus

Yeah, I knew that, Force. I never got very far in NT (only to about Aps) but I did like that. Just wish I knew how it was done...

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Pretty surprised by the extended opening, since that whole estuans interius section wasn't in the demo version.

Really dig them pulling "One-Winged Angel" apart and turning it into a leitmotif for once (and a suitably foreboding one, at that); it always kind of bugged me that it was just played in full in Crisis Core when Sephiroth fought without really being rearranged or abridged to better suit the context of the scenes and the rest of the soundtrack.

The new section also bookends nicely with the post-credits flashforward to 500 years in the future, which I now suspect will also be somewhat reworked and extended.

I tend to agree with that, but damn...the ominous, dark vibe it gives it's so good. Really conflicts me. Also, is the beggining of the intro a pre-reactor life of sorts? Like, the Reactor the girl sees, is it supposed to be the first reactor being turned on? Cuz I would like that notion a lot
It's the Sector 5 Reactor, so no. It does feel a bit symbolic, though, as they show the growth and prosperity of Midgar give way to poverty and pollution. And at first glance you might think of it as an oasis in the wasteland, before realizing it's the very thing killing everything surrounding it.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I just don’t like meta-UI. I don’t like quest markers, quest journals, and I certainly don’t like “side” quest sections of a menu. It makes it feel like a video game checklist, rather than organic moments in a role-playing story.

We determined you can turn off the maps/markers though, right? I know you included the questlog in general in here, but personally, logs I don't mind. FFXII would be benefited greatly by one for me, personally. Don't even need markers, but even just a list so I can remember something if I happen to put the game down for more than 24 hours.

Top Bottom