Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Oh let's face it, Square only wants to use the 30th as a banner for selling things that they'd be selling if it was only the 29th year. They have no fucks to give about their fans anymore.

When I say They, I mean the board of directors. I can still see the Old Guard clinging for dear life to their creativity, but it's being sapped away by executive order to keep making ports and mobile games.

Until I see a VII-R trailer or something new that is actually ground breaking, I have no more fucks to give about Square right now. Everything on the TGS list is either a port, a remaster, a special season for another game, or I dunno, too obscure for me to give a damn yet.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
They can show new VIIR content whenever they feel like, they have no obligation to do when we wish.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Hope the rumors of there being a FFI-FIX PS4 and PC collection turn out true. Same with a FFXIII Trilogy collection port.

But we just got one for the 25th anniversary.

Knowing them though it's another cash grab and they'd be all over it.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
So apparently there is some sort of box set available only to Europe?? It's got a special colour version of the Cloud PAK. I saw it on fb

Lex

Administrator
Could you share a link or an image? I'm seeing nothing on google or NeoGAF, which is unusual.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
I'm really, really hoping that PS4 port of I-IX rumor is true.

Unfortunately, just to fuck with me I feel like they'd throw in the shitty DS versions of III and IV.

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
ff30thanniversary-celebrationbox-carousel-01a-1505308424.jpg

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/uk/product/459769/final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-celebration-box

prod-page-1505375805.jpg

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'd say this is front page-worthy but I'm not at home to write anything tonight. Will do it on Monday if nobody beats me to it.

Lex

Administrator
Fuck sake SE what else is in the bloody box?

I'm not going to lie the christmas and easter boxes they do are always worth the money (because it's like £5 and they give you a bunch of games each individually worth more than that) but this is a larger investment to make with no guarantee of the content.

Although I suppose the remake Cloud is almost worth it based on that value alone.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
idk man, the previous anniversary (i forget if it was the 20th or 25th) where they released stuff like the original dissidia felt more exciting

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Could you share a link or an image? I'm seeing nothing on google or NeoGAF, which is unusual.

Sorry bout that. Had no data the day after I posted that until my plan rolled over :monster: But Teioh's got it.

idk man, the previous anniversary (i forget if it was the 20th or 25th) where they released stuff like the original dissidia felt more exciting

Last one was 25th with all the PS3 games an shiz but I don't remember Dissidia being a part of that.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer

Sorry bout that. Had no data the day after I posted that until my plan rolled over :monster: But Teioh's got it.

Last one was 25th with all the PS3 games an shiz but I don't remember Dissidia being a part of that.

Dissidia was part of the 20th year. The collection was the 25th, and had PS1/PS2 discs, one copy of XIII, and a UMD for FFIII.

It never came to the west, so it's kind of a dud thing to collect unless you're super rich and enthusiastic.

So this 30th box thing has a legit purpose IF they remember to sell it to us in the west.

Lex

Administrator
There's probably still some sort of box coming to NA Channy, don't worry :). And if there isn't, take solace in the fact that I stupidly bought one for myself and aside from the Cloud figure there's probably nothing else of value in it :monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I can barely afford this shit anymore anyway, so I'm somewhat glad for now. Was it a good price given how the PAK's go for? What else was in it?

Top Bottom