Final Fantasy: Record Keeper

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Flint, that made me chuckle so much, lol.

The To Slay A Sorceress event is now live. It is back to the usual event format, however, there is now an Elite Dungeon version of each level which yields players greater rewards. Scaling through the event nets you Rinoa and some VIII gear.

208015.png

208014.png

The update also sees a new Heroic difficulty added to the rotating Daily Dungeons. The monsters hit hard, so you need to be a high level with solid gear.

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
2fqjTyG.png

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
S04RChI.png

R8cU0XC.png

bet you wish you were playing it now, huh, tres

except now i have to try to do a set of 4 boss battles to reach cloud's second crystal and this last one nearly wiped me out and i only just barely finished it

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
the first crystals (which are available for a lot of characters but not all yet):

a) raise the max character level from 50 to 65
b) unlock their 'record materia' slot and gives you one materia (which do things like 'small increase in strength when using swords' or 'start battle with haste effect')

the second crystal, which cloud's is the first of (cloud gets everything; he also has a new limit break that raises his strength stat by 10 when you learn it), raises the max level from 65 to 80.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
A new update has landed.

Classic and Elite realms...

Experience new realms from FINAL FANTASY III, where the Crystals guided the heroes to restore the balance between dark and light, FINAL FANTASY VIII, with its gritty fusion of sci fi and fantasy, and FINAL FANTASY XIII, where the heroes struggled against fate itself.

208001.png
213051.png

Badass!

The new realms grant you Luneth and Snow.

10300100.png
11300200.png

There was supposed to be new abilities, but I haven't seen them yet.

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
I love this game so much. Even though the game mechanics are incredibly simplistic, it is still a terrific game. I don't feel like I am being pressured into buying anything unlike most freemium games. I have spent some real money on it but not because I needed or had to. I did it because I wanted to. It's a great time waster when I'm on break at work or when I'm away from home in general. I love listening to all the classic Final Fantasy music and reliving some of the best stuff from each of the Final Fantasy games.

I, unfortunately, missed out on getting Sephiroth (my party wasn't strong enough to get past the damn Heligunner) and on Paladin Cecil (my party, again, wasn't strong enough to get past Scarmiglione at the Summit). However, I have gotten every other character they have released thus far. I've been told they will come back around so I can't wait to get my hands on them.

My primary party right now is Cloud, Kain, Warrior, Rydia and Aerith. All are at Level 42. Although, I am seriously tempted to remove Warrior and insert Cyan (even though he's at level 1).

My only real gripe about the game is that I wish they would make the odds of pulling decent weapons better. I have not pulled a single signature weapon (i.e. something that has a new soul break on it) using mythril or buying gems.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
^ So you actually bought gems? :huh:

There's an "event" called Mythril Mayhem going on right now - one free piece of Mythril for every day you play until the 26th of this month. I took the opportunity to take 11 rare relic draws, and only got three or four worthwhile pieces of equipment from it. No special items either (I was hoping for something for Rinoa since I'm trying to level her up in the elite dungeons of To Slay a Sorceress). I actually thought I'd be able to use the 11 draws whenever I wanted rather than getting them all at once, but that wasn't the case.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
pictlogica, another mobile ff game, has a 'spend gems and get new characters' thing. at some point they changed it so that if you did the 'get 10 new character' option you would get an extra 11th character which is guaranteed to be a premium character (= named ff character rather than a genetic job class you can get elsewhere). so even if you did just get 10 regular job-class characters, you would still get one special character as well. i would like to see them apply something like that to record keeper so you don't use 50 mythril pieces and don't get any special equipment.

vaderSW1

^ So you actually bought gems? :huh:

There's an "event" called Mythril Mayhem going on right now - one free piece of Mythril for every day you play until the 26th of this month. I took the opportunity to take 11 rare relic draws, and only got three or four worthwhile pieces of equipment from it. No special items either (I was hoping for something for Rinoa since I'm trying to level her up in the elite dungeons of To Slay a Sorceress). I actually thought I'd be able to use the 11 draws whenever I wanted rather than getting them all at once, but that wasn't the case.

Yes, I have actually purchased gems in hopes of them increasing my odds of pulling a signature weapon. I have spent probably $20 USD on it, nothing too exorbitant. I will probably continue to spend small amounts of money on it here and there.

I have not done the 11 draws thing. It sucks to hear that you cannot use these draws individually. I'll probably stay away from doing that. It sucks even more that you didn't pull any special items. I really wish they would provide us with a shop where we could use either mythril or gems to buy weapons and armor of our choosing. Assign a value of say 20 mythril or 300 gems for Cloud's Buster Sword, etc, etc.

Strangelove said:
pictlogica, another mobile ff game, has a 'spend gems and get new characters' thing. at some point they changed it so that if you did the 'get 10 new character' option you would get an extra 11th character which is guaranteed to be a premium character (= named ff character rather than a genetic job class you can get elsewhere). so even if you did just get 10 regular job-class characters, you would still get one special character as well. i would like to see them apply something like that to record keeper so you don't use 50 mythril pieces and don't get any special equipment.

I haven't played pictologica yet but that is an interesting way of setting things up with the purchasing of characters. I don't like the idea of blindly purchasing items/characters. It's sort of like the whole blind box thing with toy collectors. It seems like a scam because you have no chance of knowing what you're going to get. You could end up with a duplicate.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I really wish they would provide us with a shop where we could use either mythril or gems to buy weapons and armor of our choosing. Assign a value of say 20 mythril or 300 gems for Cloud's Buster Sword, etc, etc.

I would love it if they had this concept within the game. Or heck, even if you were able to get 1 star versions of the character specific weapons with lower stats and Soul Break ability attributes. It would still make them money as people would still be trying (perhaps even harder than before because they now have an actual taste of the weapon / ability) to get the higher level version of it.

On completion of the new classic Realms we get a hint that next up is the long awaited IX dungeons and finally some more VII.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I actually downloaded it to check it out, :monster:. First impressions: It needs quite a bit of polish; it looks kinda rough around the edges (probably using new-standard SpriteKit from Apple itself), and having a loading screen for every action you do is unnecessary - I'm sure they need to sync every action with the server (to prevent cheating? IDK, is there even any kind of online component to it? scoreboards, anything?), but you can do all of that in the background while keeping the UI running smoothly.

The gameplay is pretty good; plays easily and quickly, and shit. I spam it a bit in the train, good for a couple minutes distraction. Although it could do with moving the default actions - attack etc - to the right side of the screen where my thumb is, :monster:. Skipping a move should also be easier. I'll probably end up setting it to auto for the easier fights though. It also either needs an option to disable the music, or do like more polished games do and not play music if the user is playing his own music. All pretty basic iOS dev stuff, and shit, :monster:. Speaking of which: y u no save game in icloud so I can play on both ipad and iphone.

That's the other thing - I find most of the regular levels so far to be pretty easy. But, maybe I haxed, IDK.

TL;DR, I quite like it - for a mobile in-app purchases game - but it probably won't last very long.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
New event:

[FFV] The Fire Crystal Awakens

Complete the event dungeons to collect Magicite Shards and recruit Lenna to your party. The Magicite Shards you need to restore Lenna's Hero Record await you in the decks and hold of the Fire-Powered Ship!

83785217-d691-32d6-8568-28cd7f7656c0.png

The Magicite collection event style has returned ... but they haven't fixed the annoying one-at-a-time-purchase issue.

vaderSW1

New event:

[FFV] The Fire Crystal Awakens

83785217-d691-32d6-8568-28cd7f7656c0.png

The Magicite collection event style has returned ... but they haven't fixed the annoying one-at-a-time-purchase issue.

I've seen where in the Japanese version of the game, they seem to have fixed the issue with only being able to do one-at-a-time purchases with magicite. Why they chose not to implement that from the beginning with the western release, I have no clue. It just doesn't make much sense.

As for obtaining Lenna, I actually was able to do it pretty quickly last night. She's not one of my favorite FF characters of all time but it's nice to add her to my ranks.

I really need to start building up a B Squad just in case I need some different talents going forward. It's just too easy to keep using the main squad I've been using.

vaderSW1

True enough, :monster:

I had my first defeat today - the FFIV boss (uhh, idk, that guy with the snakes for arms). Booo

Are you thinking of Baigan? He's the one with the arms that explode. He's a bitch to beat and meet the conditions. I ended up having to come back to that level when my party was at a much higher level and had better equipment and spells. I was finally able to Master that level.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
If this is based on the fire powered ship, shouldn't Faris be unlocked? Since fire is her element. Lenna's is water :P

And also Faris is way cooler than Lenna :monster:

Nonetheless, I got Lenna. Wondering if I want to replace my White Mage with her...or if I should save my growth eggs for a character I'm more pumped about...

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Aerith totally wipes the floor with all my other white mages at the moment. It's a bit of a shame, because every time I find myself in a hard dungeon, I basically have to put her into my party. It would be nice to have a decent alternative.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Are you thinking of Baigan? He's the one with the arms that explode. He's a bitch to beat and meet the conditions. I ended up having to come back to that level when my party was at a much higher level and had better equipment and spells. I was finally able to Master that level.

Could be, IDK, the game is too fast / generic to remember / care about names really, :monster:. I know I leveled my characters for a bit (like 1-2 levels at most) and I pwned him. Also because I had my White Mage in the team this time - I replaced him/her/it with the FFIV character you unlock there (the one with the chocobo limit break), who kinda sucks. Had her in the first run.

uhh. IDK. Also, Cloud is OP compared to anyone else I have atm, :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Aerith totally wipes the floor with all my other white mages at the moment. It's a bit of a shame, because every time I find myself in a hard dungeon, I basically have to put her into my party. It would be nice to have a decent alternative.
I don't know if there's a City of the Ancients dungeon, but don't take her there.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Haha, there isn't a CotA dungeon. Not yet, anyway. I'm pretty sure she'd survive, though. when Dark Cecil turned into Paladin Cecil, I still got to keep Dark Cecil in my party. I often use both of them together now.

Top Bottom