Final Fantasy VII G Bike Announced For Smartphones - S-E + CC2!

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
here's reno's smarmy face

muPS0wP.jpg

uiXtfxy.jpg

OMHQ7Z9.png

enemy info image for reno

7cx78DV.png

rude sorta makes an appearance as a helicopter

doKLYgB.jpg

1ke2wcn.jpg

reno's pyramid, which stops you from using materia

jyCyup8.jpg

when you do your limit break reno ends up holding onto his bike flailing around in the air

JtFLXvh.png

Eg5AkKd.png

from reno's limit break

Utrp5jQ.jpg

qPSmvPF.png

the prizes for these missions include 'study of planetary life data' which will give you various rewards depending on how much you collect during this event

dOC4oVA.jpg

this is tifa punching reno

CbsA3j5.jpg

if you get his hp down to 0 without using a limit break you knock him off his bike

yFjHL3H.png

the shinra turks-r bike, which has the extra ability of destroying barricades

yZqywgJ.png

look at that fucking face

WW8t3ng.png

this event is a lot more nicely designed than the ifrit one. there's 4 levels to it again, but the costs are a bit nicer (the extreme one is still 100 gs though). plus the rewards are a lot better than the previous two events. with bahamut and ifrit you had to beat the missions 5 times to unlock the next reward on every level. but this time, the higher levels need you to beat them a smaller number of times. with the extreme one, you get a reward each time you beat it.

you are also given the shinra turks-r bike for beating the low level mission the first time, instead of having to make it. it also doesn't need any special materials to upgrade (you can get them from regular missions), so unlike this flametongue sword which i cannot upgrade anymore now unless they add garnet and flame spheres to the prizes of other missions i could upgrade this bike even after the event is over.

they added a new element to this one where you collect items and get rewards based on how many you get. it's kind of like the collection events they do with ff record keeper. apparently if you get 250 of these data disks you get another copy of the bike, and at about 800 you get the bike and enough materials to max it out completely plus some level 2 materia. i think the rewards for all the levels get you about 700 disks, so you would have to get about 100 from the roulettes (there's only one disk on the beginner roulette, 2 on the intermediate and 3 on the advanced one, but every item on the extreme one is a disk and it adds more if you get the bonus rewards from your mission score).

so overall i think they've done a better job with this one. the extreme one is tricky without being as utterly cheap as the ifrit one (seriously, even with a maxed out bahamut bike one hit of its limit break took all your life, and that was the bike they suggested you use. it was like they just wanted you to use the continue option and thus buy a load of gems.), though the others are kind of easy but that might be because i have good equipment.

they updated to 1.4 recently which added three more chapters, a new course (cosmo canyon, which is where the reno battle takes place too), new enemies, and i think another weapon (rune blade). but it's a bit disappointing that the bosses for these chapters are just recycled ones from the midgar missions (risky bomb, general tank, and shinra bike guy whose name i forgot). at least one new boss would have been nice

Lex

Administrator
I think when we get a release/ release date for NA/EU we should collate all of Hito's stuff into a nice long newspost/ review thing.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Ugh I've been trying various methods (proxies, VPNs, direct APK downloads, etc) to bypass the country restriction of the Google Play Store... but so far nothing is working.

Last edited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Hahaha! Take that you damned region restrictions!

v9zk6aQl.png

wkVi9pm.png

yAeX4ec.png

vlv57Qu.png

jK5xIkV.png

asCm9Nt.png

NTCdUrb.png

ba77CQA.png

I had to use a combination of methods (note your phone needs to be rooted and you need to give SuperUser access to Market Unlocker).

Part A
  • Install TunnelBear.
  • Activate TunnelBear VPN (set to Japan).
  • Make a new Google account via your phone's settings (with TunnelBear still running and set to Japan). Deselect all syncing options and skip a Google+ account (Though this is a personal preference. You should note logging in via your main G+ account isn't possible and will fail the license check).

Part B
  • Download and install Market Unlocker (safe download, same apk I used)
  • Find an "elite" Japanese IP proxy
  • Enter the address and port number into Market Unlocker, and enable the proxy.
  • Go to your settings, head to apps and go to "all" and find the Google Play Store app, clear data and cache.
  • Log into Play Store with new account (while running both TunnelBear and Market Unlocker).
  • Language should be displayed as Japanese, if it's not then something isn't configured correctly.
  • Search for the game and download (download may take a while, speed depends upon the proxy).

Alternatively, you could try downloading the G-Bike APK (Ver 1.0.5) I copied from my phone's app directory (since it's not from a random apk offering website, it's 100% safe), and installing it (make sure to go to your settings and allow installs from unknown sources, check Google if you're unsure of how to do this on your device).

I'm still able to run the game fully (at least the 1st mission, I've only just started) with both TB and MU disabled and the phone rebooted. As for the Google JP account created, I removed it from the phone, but I would think that when a future update comes, the same methods would have to be implemented (minus creating a new account) to install any/all updates to the app. So as long as you've saved the information, you should be able to add the Google JP account back to the phone as needed.

Last edited:
@Cloud_S

:excited: :excited: :excited:

Are we bold enough to post in a frontpage article how to buy the Japanese version of G-Bike?

Last edited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
@Cloud_S

:excited: :excited: :excited:

Are we bold enough to post in a frontpage article how to buy the Japanese version of G-Bike?

I'm so excited right now!

:success:

Well I think it wouldn't be a bad thing, it's not like it's a way to get a paid-for app for free :arr:, since any purchases would be in-app (and that'd probably require that the Google JP account used to download form the PlayStore, be linked to a Japanese payment method). Non-Japanese fans (who use Android at any rate), could then try out the game until the US/UK version(s) is released.

I have to head to work for a few, but when I return I'll be testing out if I can regain access to the Google Play Store with the account I previously removed from my phone (as that'd ensure future updates can be applied, not to mention linking it to that specific account via Google+).

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
a model viewer was added in version 1.4, so here's some pictures of all the current equipment

uOKb3Ql.png

shinra guard-v (extra ability of destroying barricades)

BA4e7pC.png

hardy daytona (starting bike, no ability)

ydt0MLO.png

bahamut (ability: increased wall attack damage [when you push the enemy into the side walls of the track])

oCKYzI5.png

flametongue (total three materia slots [two linked, one single], ability: increased attack power for fire element materia)

Ni5x9n4.png

murasame (total two materia slots [two singles], ability: increased bike speed)

jcI6RXD.png

butterfly edge (total two materia slots [two linked], ability: increased materia exp)

ZuyYAtn.png

buster sword (starting weapon, total two materia slots [two singles], no ability)

aXFsdku.png

rune blade (total two materia slots [two linked], ability: increased materia exp)

i don't actually know what the linked slots are meant to do, since there aren't any support materia so far and it's never said anything about it iirc.

here's a couple more shots of reno's limit break

tiLTeGk.png

3UN7NcA.png

another thing they added in ver 1.4 was extra voice clips. cloud always had some lines, but tifa didn't. now she shouts during her limit break and says something when you pick her on the support menu before starting a mission (i've heard two quotes from advent children; 'they're [our] friends' (みんな仲間だよ) and 'you hate being all alone, don't you?' (ひとりぼっちは嫌なんでしょ?)). reno's sound like they're from ac as well, so i'm not sure now if all of them are recycled from either ac or something like dissidia.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
this is what gil looks like in g-bike (think this is the biggest image of them i've seen so far)
OE0wHiS.png

Is that...a Minerva coin? *looks at official art of the goddess and the cutscene variety* Ok so it's not a spot-on similarity, but that's what the coin makes me think of: The Goddess Minerva.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
n7oDXWF.png

where is his fucking wrist

lkDmC1v.png

abi7i0p.png

stabby face without the 'ready' thing

you only see a glimpse of this during the intro, but the way reno sits on his bike looks hella funny

Jw3hwdm.png

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Good news! :excited:

Using the APK I copied from my phone, I was able to install the game on a friend's phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) that isn't modified in any way.

b5yaEK9.png
5FfbRRr.png

85vSjc5.png

4YCHJyL.png

So now the question is, if we do front-page this, how will we go about it? Will we make the APK available or do we just provide instructions so that it's "officially" downloaded via the Google Play Store?

Lex

Administrator
It's probably best just to mention that as a side-thing rather than promoting workarounds. They've still not said this isn't going to be released outside of Japan (I don't see why they wouldn't) so when it's covered we should just mention that a western release date is as-yet unknown.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Well, thanks to Cloud_S, I've downloaded and played the game up through the boss fight with the Guard Scorpion. It's ... interesting. Kind of fun, kind of annoying. I can definitely tell it doesn't have my three-year-old Droid Razr in mind, as there's occasional lag, especially in the menus.

I think something like this deserves a more sophisticated control scheme and release platform. Also, fix that fucking Roulette system (i.e. get the fuck rid of it).

I probably won't keep playing it, but I'm very grateful to have gotten to.

Lex

Administrator
I have an iPhone 5S so the only way I'll be playing this is if it comes out in English.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
that's what i am playing it on and i just had to download it normally :sadpanda: (albeit using a japanese account, but i don't have a credit card or anything registered to it)

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Thank you for the workaround. I don't understand any of the menus, but it's great to have a quick feel for the game. It's definitely got potential.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
It's probably best just to mention that as a side-thing rather than promoting workarounds. They've still not said this isn't going to be released outside of Japan (I don't see why they wouldn't) so when it's covered we should just mention that a western release date is as-yet unknown.

Valid points. Should I then remove the links to the APK file?

Just like ultima espio, I've been attempting to extract various resources from the game. However I think I've only gotten as far as he did... I'd absolutely love to find a way to extract the music.

Regarding any lag, I noticed some on my Galaxy S3 (even when set to "performance" mode), less on my friend's S4.

There's a YouTube User who has some really HD videos of the game.

Sadly he doesn't have a playlist but you can find the rest under his uploads/search.

Last edited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
After reading that some apps download additional data, I dug around in my phone's root directory (yay for being rooted!), and went to where the app might store files downloaded after installation, and found a bunch of files that didn't match up with the names of what I extracted previously from just the APK.

I found ALL* the BGM (and other assets not in the initial data dump)! :excited:

*"ALL" is limited to what the game has downloaded thus far based upon my progression through the game the past few days. For example, I don't have the music that plays during the Reno event, or any Reno speaking clips because I've yet to play it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom