• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Demo Out Now!

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Never occured to me before, but it's interesting that they specify "Vulnerable to Silence" and not any other status. I'm also not sure what they mean by "Variants." I'm guessing stuff like behemoth, alpha behemoth, tengen toppa behemoth, etc.
the japanese text clarifies these a bit more. 'vulnerable to silence' are 'abilities that can be sealed (made unusable) by silence', and 'variants' are variant monsters

i played it again on classic, i'm not sure if i was just moving the characters too much but i didn't notice too much of a difference? although i've only played it once before so maybe i just am not accustomed enough yet to notice a difference. easy difficulty is definitely a lot easier, though. the boss battle wasn't nearly as much of a struggle for me as on normal

playing through the second time i got two moogle medals from shinra boxes which i don't think i got at all the first time, are these random items or did i just completely miss them the first time?

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
the japanese text clarifies these a bit more. 'vulnerable to silence' are 'abilities that can be sealed (made unusable) by silence', and 'variants' are variant monsters
That makes way more sense. I thought they were talking about the entire monster being vulnerable, but listing skills that way is actually pretty helpful. Thanks!

Elisa Maza

Whomst
So, some of my comments.

That. Was. FUN! I enjoyed playing the demo a lot. :D Unfortunately, as I don't have much free time these ti-- ever, I've played it only twice. But, I enjoyed it a lot.

Tactical Mode reminds me of one of the last JRPGs I played before I quit videogames for... wow, more than a decade. :O I cannot for the life of me remember its name, though. :no:

Cloud is the flashiest in battle, but I found Barret a more solid choice. He sang the victory theme for me, too. :D

I spent entirely too long kicking boxes around the second time, lol. It's kind of relaxing seeing them bounce and fall. :wacky:

I found the Sock Troopers more challenging than the Scorpion, I swear. Maybe it's because the whole "boss fight" mentality gives you a boost of attention. Those troopers just went on attacking me and they. wouldn't. die. *I* almost died TWICE. I def drank more potions than with the Scorpion.

Things were far easier the second time, but I'm rusty; no way I'm going for Hard yet.

I love love LOVE the dialogue. Barret and Cloud stole my heart with their banter and I cannot wait for more lines by them. Can we have a Compilation entry with only them as a comedy duo? Please?:excited:

I love how the new technology has aided the storytelling. Barret seeing how his hand shook in the elevator and realizing how deep into this whole thing is made my day; the OG had to rely on dialogue to give this characterization, but with these graphics, I'm looking forward to these subtleties.

Only one month to go! Can you believe it?!

Last edited:

Clean Cut Chaos

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Cub Chaos
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but does it look like Jessie shoots Biggs a quick glance when she says "Pitty no one else at command will talk to us?" Maybe it's just me.

At long last I was able to share this demo experience with two friends. There were lots of good laughs and at least one of them expressed a desire to play the full game.

The fact that both friends are primarily PC gamers makes FFVIIR on PS4 a difficult sell though. My closer friend has an especially hard time adapting to video game controller schemes and so in every battle he ended up pressing the wrong buttons. Needless to say he could not defeat Scorpion Sentinel (or even get past its second phase) and after 3-4 game overs he let our other friend take the controller. What's fun about seeing somebody fail so hard is that this way I get to hear dialogue I'd never hear otherwise AND now I finally saw the game over screen (and got to hear the associated melody). :monster:

My situation is a painful reminder that even though FFVIIR in many ways is more appealing and accessible to a larger audience than the original FFVII, the PC gaming audience may not have the console to play it and they may still require a keyboard in order to truly enjoy the game. Even with all this negative energy though, I can tell that the demo made a positive impact and that my friends are thoroughly impressed with the game.

One line of reasoning that didn't occur to me before now is that Jessie's hacking is why the laser security system has the lasers go on and off rather than them being on at all times. She does stand at a terminal, pressing buttons before you move on to pass through the lasers, so it makes sense to think that it was Jessie who partially disabled the security system. One is just so used to "video game logic" where dungeon design doesn't require any good explanations, ergo why I wasn't looking for the obvious explanation here at all. :lol:

How blind am I that I did not notice before that these posters have "CORNEO" written vertically across :wacky: Guess we might see these posters again in Wall Market. Anybody have the calligraphy transcribed and translated?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
it's the same as the lantern in corneo's manor in the original game

maxresdefault.jpg

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Fun to note that back in 1997, bullets weren't rendered objects, even in shooters like Perfect Dark. In FF7R, not only are there bullets for every bullet-based attack, when looked at in Tactical Mode they trail little shockwaves behind them just like in the Matrix.

barret shot.gif

^er, the visuals may have gotten lost in turning it into a gif, but my PS4 Pro showed them crisply ^_^

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
That’s a really cool find! The attention to detail really comes through when time is slowed for tactical mode. The beauty of the effects, watching the action and animations play out in super slow motion...I’ll check the bullets out on my PS4 :monster:

Also, I have to wonder! How many hours do you have in the remake demo Ite???? lmao

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Now we just need to have Tifa be able to do Trinity's famous midair kick to the face and that'll complete the Matrix fun. Oh, and maybe being able to have Cloud dodge bullets like Neo, too. j/k of course, but it would be funny to see. Who knew SOLDIERs were so fast?

Top Bottom