FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Demo Out Now!

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Tx y’all :touchingu:

- I fucking love this song, thanks for introducing it to me

This band (HAIM) is fronted by three multi-instrumentalist sisters who just slay. I love almost all of their songs and like the rest. Writing good pop is hard. Glad to have introduced you. I found a few favorite bands in highschool through Final Fantasy AMVs, glad to keep the tradition alive. ;)

Lex

Administrator
This band (HAIM) is fronted by three multi-instrumentalist sisters who just slay. I love almost all of their songs and like the rest. Writing good pop is hard.

HAIM are always on my playlists, I love them. The way the lyrics are married to the vocals in all of their songs is addictive <3

Also yeah I have to say the AMV is great and it's flashing me back to simpler times (2k....6??) - I remember when I first discovered them. I actually used to make Buffy AMV's way back, it got me into video editing :tearsofjoy:

Feeling so embarrassed right now. All this time I thought that Punisher Mode is the default mode while Operator Mode is the one where you move slowly and can do a guard-counter. But it's in fact the opposite. Darn it, it's gonna take time for me to re-adjust and learn that the lower-left menu is telling you which mode you can switch TO and not which mode you are currently ON.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I watched so many streams and that’s not uncommon. I think because it’s right beneath Cloud’s name, which is situational for the present, the exact opposite function of the ‘switch stance’ prompt. The “Tactical Mode” is another example of a present-situational label, also up there at the top. I think if it were called “Switch Stance” it would confuse less ppl

Edit: but ahhh then at a glance you wouldn’t be able to tell which mode you’re in when you’re being flung about by monsters... ? It *is* funny that you toggle between “You are in Tactical Mode” and “You are NOT in Punisher Mode” lolol.

Last edited:
- Another mistaken assumption I just realized: The guard-counter in Punisher Mode is NOT based on timing. :monster:
Honestly I have NEVER played an action game where the "use guard to then counterattack" wasn't based on pressing the guard button at just the right time before the enemy attack lands! Over time I thought I observed that FFVIIR was just very lenient as to the timing required, but now I realize you can hold down the guard button for an eternity and you will still perform the counterattack when guarding against a melee attack.

You don't even need to be facing the enemy you are guarding against. You can stand in the complete opposite direction and you'll still do the counter. The only "timing" you have to keep in mind is that Cloud can't guard while performing a sword-slashing combo.

So happy that this demo exists to teach me the game early on instead of having me play the game wrong through multiple chapters.

- Set my PS4 language to Japanese and so I've been playing the demo now with Japanese voices. Wonderful experience. Here is Barret's JP voice actor singing the victory theme.

- Observed that the leafy/green parts of the Monodrives fade away into spirit energy when defeated, but the needle and the mechanical eye ball just fade away the same way that all machine enemies do. EDIT: Disregard what I just said! I observed wrong. Sometimes it is not obvious that the ball dissolves into spirit energy too.

Last edited:
Yes, the tutorial says "Cloud launches a counterblow every time he guards against an enemy's melee attack". But it doesn't say "Hey Shademp remember that action-game convention of timed guard-inputs? Yeah bro that doesn't apply here" :wacky: :awesomonster: #JustShadThings

It looks like my observation about the Monodrives was incorrect. Sometimes it is not obvious that the red ball dissolved into spirit energy as well, but you can spot it doing just that.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
#JustShadThings

5zFYAeE.jpg

Top Bottom