• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
This entire First Soldier installment... It's kind of like um... Feels underwhelming to me, which I'm surprised to admit. I'm super interested in the lore, true, I adore SOLDIERs and everything connected to them, but the gameplay sounds a bit troublesome to me. I used to play shooter games half of my life ago, lol. Actually, I've never heard of this "battle royale" genre before. Does it mean it has to be a multiplayer game, i.e. you can't play it on your own, in your comfy sociophobic bubble?

Also, my phone is slowly getting outdated, so I don't think it will be technically capable to run the game, and I don't feel like buying a tablet either... We'll see how it all plays out.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
This entire First Soldier installment... It's kind of like um... Feels underwhelming to me, which I'm surprised to admit. I'm super interested in the lore, true, I adore SOLDIERs and everything connected to them, but the gameplay sounds a bit troublesome to me. I used to play shooter games half of my life ago, lol. Actually, I've never heard of this "battle royale" genre before. Does it mean it has to be a multiplayer game, i.e. you can't play it on your own, in your comfy sociophobic bubble?

Also, my phone is slowly getting outdated, so I don't think it will be technically capable to run the game, and I don't feel like buying a tablet either... We'll see how it all plays out.

Battle royale generally works like having a number of players (say, 100) fight to the death in an open world battleground until the last one standing. Periodically, the battleground will also shrink.
We'll see if FS puts another spin on it. It already seems odd having boss enemies and such in the trailer...

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I really have no idea how a FPS could be in any way enjoyable on a touchscreen.
This ^

Like, maybe I'm just an old guy and don't understand modern gaming these days but...how the fuck do you comfortably play this type of game on a touchscreen? Is this how kids play these days? How??
Am I just out of touch or is it the children who are wrong? :monster:
Often times, newer mobile titles in which precise controls are important will provide you the option of placing a translucent circle that serves as a directional stick in the bottom-left area of the screen. =)

I think it's going to turn out okay!

Or it won't.

But either way, I better see some of you there.

Lex

Administrator
Often times, newer mobile titles in which precise controls are important will provide you the option of placing a translucent circle that serves as a directional stick in the bottom-left area of the screen. =)

I know you're like, the queen of doing everything on mobile but there is no universe in which a directional circle is comfortable to move characters with (I have tried to force myself to get good at it, I absolutely cannot). I literally feel like I'm putting an obstacle in the way of my ability to control what's going on, I've never hated anything more. I just want buttons.

That said, I'll obviously still play this with ya :D

My small brain can't handle the complexities and contradictions of the Compilation any more, but I do have a question:

pres shinra.jpeg

Here's a youthful and very narrow-shouldered President Shinra aged what? 30? Gazing out over a Midgar that doesn't look any different from what it looks like thirty-some years later, even though Shinra is in the process of building it all that time. All eight reactors are completed. (I mean, maybe you could argue that they started with reactor 8 and I guess that's possible, but whatever).

Should the Shinra Builing even have a 70th floor at this point?

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
My small brain can't handle the complexities and contradictions of the Compilation any more, but I do have a question:

View attachment 9259

Here's a youthful and very narrow-shouldered President Shinra aged what? 30? Gazing out over a Midgar that doesn't look any different from what it looks like thirty-some years later, even though Shinra is in the process of building it all that time. All eight reactors are completed. (I mean, maybe you could argue that they started with reactor 8 and I guess that's possible, but whatever).

Should the Shinra Builing even have a 70th floor at this point?

Oh, I figured that S-E completely stopped caring about that kind of thing. Isn't this a story about the go-to-sleep-and-let-daddy-Shinra-take-care-of-you President hosting a series of brutal deathmatches in the middle of his city in broad daylight?

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
You see, all of the competitors are actually the President's illegitimate children. This is secretly his way of disposing of them. Rufus was the ultimate victor (despite being an infant) and thus became the "true heir" to the Shinra company. That's why he's so adept at gun combat, and why Mrs. Shinra doesn't seem to exist.

Top Bottom