Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster [PS3/PS4/Vita]

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
I could have sworn we had planned on doing one even before we began the VIII playthrough. I know I'll be up for this one if it happens.... *glares at Lex to make it so*

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Aye, me as well. I think we were more excited to do X than VIII if I remember correctly. :monster:

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
^I believe so too, but everyone wanted to wait for the HD versions to come out before having the playthrough so we decided to do VIII in the meantime. :)

Also, I just got an email that my game has been sent to me. Oh joy! I might even get it before Friday if I'm lucky. :joy:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Agreed. The orchestra version is great and Jade is a superior singer than Koda Kumi by leaps and bounds - and the part of the song in that trailer exhibits why.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Aye, me as well. I think we were more excited to do X than VIII if I remember correctly. :monster:

This jogs my memory now as well. I do remember us all wanting X but deciding to wait.

So, when do we start, and who is hosting? And what should be the weekly goals?

If only I had my FFX strategy guide I could map this all out. :sadpanda:

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness

They used 1000 word's orchestra version. +1

I'm seriously just sat here giggling away to myself like a little mad man, this game is out in the UK in 4 days! I am finding it very hard to keep my excitment and enthusiasm bottled up right now.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Can't wait.

I wonder how much I can rely on my guidebook for X-2 with the new additions. :P
Whether it's just the new Creature Creation stuff or whether they also did some item re-shuffling and such like KH Final Mix.

Only thing I know is Catnip was nerfed. :P

Agreed. The orchestra version is great and Jade is a superior singer than Koda Kumi by leaps and bounds - and the part of the song in that trailer exhibits why.

Agreed. Kind of bugs me how in the Koda Kumi version she basically just goes "la la laaaa" a few times at the end. Makes it sound like she stopped giving a fuck about remembering the verses and they just left it in. :lol:
The Jade version on the other hand <3

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i forgot to check if the japanese version uses the koda kumi versions or the jade versions of the songs, seeing as the international version used jade's. i just sort of assumed they'd go back to the japanese ones since they changed the voices back to japanese, but the english fmv for 1000 words is different so i wonder what they would do about that.

i could always just play the game and find out but that would be too much like fun :awesome:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I might just fire up FFX on PS2 again. Just so the low-res imagery, enormous PAL bars and slower speed are fresh in my mind and I'll be amazed by the HD version even more :p

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
If only I had my FFX strategy guide I could map this all out. :sadpanda:
Pretty sure I have my guide somewhere. Could whip it out and help with the playthrough if needed.

Also, GAME were dicks and cancelled my preorder for the Limited Edition, even though the billing address and the delivery address were the same! I had this problem with Assassin's Creed III. So I thought fuck it, and proceeded to preorder in the store since I'm picking up inFamous on the same day.

I have the standard edition preordered, but the staff said it's a possibility there'll be Limited Editions already on the shelves that aren't preordered. They open at 9am on Friday, so you can bet as hell I'll be standing outside there just before opening time.

Short version: if I don't get my Limited Edition, I will cry harder than Yuna did at the Lake.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
I lent mine out 277493 years ago and never got it back, which kinda pisses me off as you cannot by the piggyback version brand new anywhere for a reasonable price. Bradygames have a new one coming out on Friday as well so I'll probably get that!

Lex

Administrator
Marcus, DO NOT GET THE BRADYGAMES GUIDES. EVER. EVER EVER EVER.

They are honestly the biggest pieces of shit ever made. I've read all the BradyGames guides from VII-XII and there are always crucial, huge-missable mistakes.

Piggyback is the only way to go. Even if its old, just use the Piggyback guide. Using a BradyGames guide is literally letting a troll tell you what to do.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Most notably, the BradyGames guide for X-2 will fuck you out of 100% completion in a single playthrough should you listen to its every command. There are some really, really notable errors there that will just ruin the whole goddamn thing for you.

Lex

Administrator
I feel like a broken record warning people against those guides but I will say it for as long as I have to. Evil is evil and must be stopped.

Piggyback is the light. Know the way to true happiness (and to not miss things and 100% completion, etc etc.)

The thing is, the bradygames guides are relatively uncommon in the UK. I realised how fucked they were when the one I got for XII had no mention of avoiding the chests for the zodiac spear. The only reason I got it was because they used to release the piggyback guides when the UK game came out, and at that time I think XII released several months later in the UK than in the US, so I had no real options. Fucking terribad.

Also Marcus, do not be fooled that it's a "new" guide. It's a glorified repackage of the broken old ones with a new cover.

Also anyone using the BradyGames guides needs to be outed and shamed. SHAMED.

The only bad Piggyback guide that has ever been released is the one for FFVIII, and by bad I mean it's a bit unclear in some sections and side-quest progression isn't optimised. It was Piggyback's very first guide (there isn't one for FFVII, creys) and it's still miles better than the BradyGames equivalent.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Piggyback guides are some good quality shit, yo.

Kinda glad actually that my X guide will find some use again. :awesome:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I did like the developer interview section at the back of the BradyGames guide for X, though, I have to say. :monster: I'm betting the Piggyback guide had something like it?

Lex

Administrator
I think mine has artwork or something, I'll need to check it :monster:

I've went and found a digital version for anyone who doesn't have it. Here is a direct link. I notice it doesn't have anything extra in the back but I'm certain mine does :/. I might be confusing it with another guide though.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Most notably, the BradyGames guide for X-2 will fuck you out of 100% completion in a single playthrough should you listen to its every command. There are some really, really notable errors there that will just ruin the whole goddamn thing for you.

This. Holy shit you have no idea how much time I wasted trying to get 100% on a single play through only to be at 99% at the end. Ugh. I was so pissed.

But in hindsight X-2 really shouldn't be played like that anyway. :P

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I stopped using physical guides for FF games after VIII's told me to spam GFs.

EDIT: Noticed that in the digital guide some of the Yuna pics have the "normal" face & not the "dead" one.

Top Bottom