Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster [PS3/PS4/Vita]

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'd do it but I don't know how this works. :monster:

I just want to discuss playing through this game. The KH I.5 thread didn't attract the activity I hoped it would. :(

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
What is the difference between the regular version and the Limited Edition?

Amazon still has the Limited Edition in stock, but that means having to wait for it to ship to me.

Otherwise, I totally just swung by a Gamestop while out running errands and bought the normal version. :monster: As long as I don't open it I can return it.

What should I do?

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
you get an A3 sized artbook along with the copy of the game. I'm going to be streaming mine later today i.e. When I wake up :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Okay, totally just bought the Limited Edition from Amazon. Will go return my copy to GameStop tomorrow.

Which means I have at least a week until I can play this. :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
If the community playthrough is whipped up, then I'd be happy to participate on a separate save file. I'm not entirely sure how it would be done, as it's a bigger game than FFVIII and there's a lot more to be done. But I'm pretty sure someone will have it figured out.

Also, I'm currently at Guadosalam. If memory serves correctly, pretty sure this is probably one of my favourite parts of the game because of the "business" Seymour has with Yuna.

Ready for everything to go to shit. :monster:

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Just got back home after buying it. :monster:
Being British I feel the need for a cup of tea when I fire this game up. ^_^

Is it weird to say I like sniffing the instruction booklet?
There is something about that new in the box smell. :wacky:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
There's nothing wrong with that. I quite like the smell of new games myself. :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Game looks even more impressive in action than on screenshots. So clean, so sharp, so pretty...

So. Why the hell does that dog in Besaid have an object that grants Valefor a second Overdrive? :wacky:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
I suppose it's just one of the game's quirks. :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Game looks even more impressive in action than on screenshots. So clean, so sharp, so pretty...

So. Why the hell does that dog in Besaid have an object that grants Valefor a second Overdrive? :wacky:
oh god did i miss this, i was in kilika forest last time i stopped

had this game longer than all you's
you've all surpassed me

Serah Farron

Donator
I got my CE in on release day. I was surprised!!! Gosh I really love the remaster, the music is good and I love how the characters look too! Way prefer it to original. Yuna is ten times prettier than ever omg. I've been using Auron/Yuna/Rikku and Tidus/Auron/Rikku (when I can't use Yuna). I picked Expert Grid.

I just got the airship and going to Bevelle next. Yuck, the temple is the worst ever. Not looking forward to it...

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
If the community playthrough is whipped up, then I'd be happy to participate on a separate save file. I'm not entirely sure how it would be done, as it's a bigger game than FFVIII and there's a lot more to be done. But I'm pretty sure someone will have it figured out.

Also, I'm currently at Guadosalam. If memory serves correctly, pretty sure this is probably one of my favourite parts of the game because of the "business" Seymour has with Yuna.

Ready for everything to go to shit. :monster:

This :monster:

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
I picked Expert Grid.

I just got the airship and going to Bevelle next. Yuck, the temple is the worst ever. Not looking forward to it...

O_o How did you get there already?
I've only just got past Luca (I beat the Luca Goers), I'm about to see the 'Tidus has a stroke' laughing scene. :loopy:

I picked Expect Grid to. :neo:
Where should I take Kimarri on the grid, he can go anywhere right now, whats the best route for him?

Serah Farron

Donator
I didn't level as much as I usually do >__>
It took me like twenty tries to beat the Goers. I hate them so much.

As for Kimahri, well I dont use him much so not too sure. But I hear Wakka/Tidus route is good? But idk maybe someone else can confirm >__>

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i went for the expert grid and i have no idea which way to go half the time, it's far too much pressure for me

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i went for the expert grid and i have no idea which way to go half the time, it's far too much pressure for me

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
I'd forgotten how much I dislike Blitzball. Three times into overtime before they beat me :sigh: Got pushed over the cliff by the Chocobo Eater as well, never happened to me before. I think I may have chosen my sphere grid paths unwisely. Still, I'm loving it so far. Everything is so pretty and FFX's battle system has always been my favourite.

Lex

Administrator
I've just beat Spherimorph in Macalania Woods. Much hoot.

I am in love all over again, which is exactly what I wanted. And I'm addicted to Blitzball again <3.

Anyway I'm going from here back to Besaid to collect all the spheres for Auron's overdrives before dark Valefor appears and puts a stopper in that plan. Then I'll continue with the main story.

Just thought I'd check in :monster:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I just got to the part where Wakka compares the home where hundreds of Al bhed sacrificed their lives as "fireworks" as it explodes. Secondhand embarrassment to the max. Like more than anything Tidus ever says/does.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
I dug out my old FFX guide, tis' a piggyback guide I think was mentioned a few pages back. Apart from a few creases in the spine it's basically in mint condintion. Turns out I've missed most of the Al Bhed Primers...

I'm loving this game, it's almost like playing it for the first time again. :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Update: I'm on the Calm Lands now. There's loads to do on here and at this point, I know it's not very long until Zanarkand obviously. I think I'm about 25 hours in, too.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
RE: laughing scene... I love how Yuna goes at some point "I don't think you should laugh anymore". The way she says it... there was something great about that.

Yuri Lowell

Pro Adventurer
The goers are trash and shit tier easy. Jecht Shot can take off two players if you go with No Break. I missed ... an early tournament for Attack Reels with no understanding it's cyclical, though, that I am peeved about.

And all of ya'll irritated with the Expert Sphere Grid, I'm fresh off Dark Souls II here, I like aspects of permanence and decision making. ESG makes you plan hard.

I immediately terraformed the spot Lulu and Yuna start on with the two mp spheres you get early on, they now have a billion mp each and can both throw offensive spells. (branching Yuna back to supportive magic, though)

Lord Kesharq

Late night user(coffee!)
AKA
Lostlord, Lewisito
Waaaa so annoying looking at this place of happy people playing HD :( ... just to rub it in i found my old ffx strategy guide yesterday when i ws tidying up my basement, its not in very good condision, missing a few pages here and there but damn the memories! Its the only strategy guide iv ever brought too lol.

Now i really need to find a second had ps3 damn it -_- and i refuse to go near a GAME store ect until i get one cos i know i will see a HD copy sitting there calling to me xD

Hope you guys are enjoying it, oh and if anyone decided to stream themselves while playing, would ya be so kind as to throw out a link here?

Top Bottom