Final Fantasy XIII-2

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Serah better be in this sequel or else Roman heads will roll /Spartacus mode

I could care less for Snow and Hope, but I expect Serah to make a return.

Lesbians, man. Don't forget the lesbians.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Edit: also, in the trailer it looks like Light's in some ruins of some sort. Mayhaps they are of Pulsian nature?
Were there feathers floating around during that bit?

Given the pretty big change between FFXIII Lightning and XIII-2's armoured Lightning, I was thinking the trailer was in the Invisible World. Feathers are supposed to represent being close to a god, so I guess that's either Etro in the Invisible World, or if it is in the Visible World then maybe Lindzei?

I don't usually speculate on stories before they're released, so this is the extent of my reasoning :awesome:

Edit; except I forgot Lindzei is supposed to be crystalised so maybe not/if so then it's near wherever his crystal might be.

This is why I don't speculate :sadpanda:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Were there feathers floating around during that bit?

Given the pretty big change between FFXIII Lightning and XIII-2's armoured Lightning, I was thinking the trailer was in the Invisible World. Feathers are supposed to represent being close to a god, so I guess that's either Etro in the Invisible World, or if it is in the Visible World then maybe Lindzei?

Yeah, this is in the feathers part. And she's standing in front of a crystal of some sort, so I guess that could be a crystallized Lindzei or Buniberzei?

And the setting with the feathers (the ruins/crystal altar thing) is different from the part showing Lightning and PHG standing back to back (which is a fairly flat, featureless and nondescript place), so the ruins could be in the Visible World and the featureless plain the Invisible World.

Although the reason why she would be wearing fancy-pants armor (or I suppose no-pants armor would be more accurate) on Pulse escapes me.

Edit: I would also like to add that the part with Light and PHG standing back to back also features bits of crystal floating through the air, the same thing that happens at the end of XIII in Eden when the door to the Invisible World is supposedly open.

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Funny, when Nomura replied to an interviewer asking about Cloud and Lightning he said he felt that they were different because Lightning has a sensitive side that Cloud lacks.

lol, well that seems the complete opposite of what is actually the case. But keep in mind Nomura doesn't write these games, it makes all his interviews a little less mind-boggling.

:lol:
Are you sure that's not what Nomura wishes to be the case?

To be fair, I can kind of see where Nomura was going with such a statement. Lightning is definitely more openly affectionate than Cloud. I don't see Cloud suddenly throwing his arms around someone without warning just to declare that he will always protect them. Yes, he's a nice guy who cares about people, but I would have to say Lighting shows it a bit more than Cloud does.

If that's what he means by sensitive then I would agree. Not like they are opposite sides of the spectrum, but Lighting is a bit more open.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Cloud doesn't lack sensitivity. He's just socially awkward and doesn't know how to show it. That's not the same thing. I think Cloud is very sensitive - himself and for other people.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
That's a better way of explaining it. I think it all boils down to Cloud doesn't show that side of him much, and doesn't quite know how to express it/isn't comfortable expressing it. Lightning does.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Famitsu has come out with their new article on FFXIII-2; there's a lot more goodies!

Lightning become a l'Cie again, but this time, she can (sort of) choose her way.

Anyone have access to Famitsu? We need translations! :excited:

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Lightning become a l'Cie again, but this time, she can (sort of) choose her way.

Knowing that Etro was a fal'Cie too (or so I understood from the FNC video), it doesn't surprise me that much.

Oh yeah, we need scans and translations! :excited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Ugh l'Cie. I forgot how fucking stupid the names of things are in this game.

Like a 15 year old anime fan came up with them.

Username

Banned
Seems like a good game, but I just wish the team concentrated on FF Versus XIII and made sure that the development and delivery of that game were top notch instead of producing this.

As I agree with peoples opinions on the somewhat strange outfits being presented for certain characters, I very much hope they delve more into a character and hopefully reveal a more realistic personality and believable storyline than what was offered in FFXIII. As I stand, I very much feel this is an unnecessary add-on to the FF franchise, and can only see it for profit making advantages. If anything, hopefully they will connect with the player-character development more, and also include a more free-role for the player instead of linear.

Last edited:

minimosey

Pro Adventurer
I can't help but think of Lightning's reaction to becoming a l'Cie again as something like this:
lol1229.jpg

LunarSkye

Pro Adventurer
AKA
CL, Prompto
Seems like a good game, but I just wish the team concentrated on FF Versus XIII and made sure that the development and delivery of that game were top notch instead of producing this.
The team working on XIII-2 isn't the same one that's working on Versus.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I wish SE didn't have a dozen teams working on a dozen different games.

If they pooled all of their resources into one game at a time they'd produce them fast with higher quality.

Look at Platinum games ffs.

Username

Banned
The team working on XIII-2 isn't the same one that's working on Versus.

Yeah, but i always believed that it would be nice if that team would merge with the Versus team and help out/improve development for that game.

I want Versus to be a good game, and I've seen the new trailer and although It looks nice, and positive, I still have my doubts, and these keep tracking back to the fact that the teams working on all these different projects, could all be working as one, and offering us perfect games instead of mediocre ones.

LunarSkye

Pro Adventurer
AKA
CL, Prompto

If they pooled all of their resources into one game at a time they'd produce them fast with higher quality.

This post so much.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Yeah, but i always believed that it would be nice if that team would merge with the Versus team and help out/improve development for that game.

I want Versus to be a good game, and I've seen the new trailer and although It looks nice, and positive, I still have my doubts, and these keep tracking back to the fact that the teams working on all these different projects, could all be working as one, and offering us perfect games instead of mediocre ones.

Didn't you leave the Forum? :huh:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Anyone who bet he'd be back within a month, I'm pretty sure you won the bet.

ForceStealer

Double Growth

Yeah but Square's big string of good games in the late 90s they had several teams all making them at once...so I never got the impression that this was the problem.

Top Bottom