Final Fantasy XIII-2

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Knowing SE, they won't listen to fans and Fanille will be the one thing that they won't add.

Ya know, I can put up with a lot of stuff from SE. I can deal with the extreme linearity, the distinct lack of towns and NPC dialogue, the datalog, the poor sound mixing, the entire disaster that was FFXIV, and the selective deafness when it comes to fans in the West.

But if they make a sequel to XIII and don't put in Fanille...

The last straw, man. The last. straw.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I just thought of it: It has to be Lindzei (or Pulse) who makes Lightning a l'Cie again... It was said in the mythology that Etro could do nothing because she was given no power by Burniberzei... The only other one is Pulse.

To better illustrate my point below about the design of the PHG's costume compared to Orphan's first form: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/NebetSeta/FFXIII2B.png

But if they make a sequel to XIII and don't put in Fanille... The last straw, man. The last. straw.

It would be nice if they were freed from crystal stasis - woken up or whatever you call it. I can live without love interests, etc., but let the two have a life!!! ^_^

Last edited:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Well I, for one, wish to see more Lightning because, as I stated, she got screwed big time in XIII :monster:

And since I hate Vanille, I won't miss the lesbians either. XD

So yeah, I'm interested in this sequel. But hot damn, if I have to finish XIII before... *lazy, cba*

LunarSkye

Pro Adventurer
AKA
CL, Prompto
I found this on FF Wiki.
Ff13-2_bahamut.jpg

The resemblence is so strong it hurts.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Yeah, I know the Bahamut similarities are very strong.

My question is: why?

*shakes head* I just don't understand why Bahamut would show up human...

I just don't know and it's freakin' irritating!

Oh yeah, and the scans. One picture changed. ARGH! :rage:

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
They were reusing material, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was the person who Fang was supposed to be, at early (or not so early) stages of the game.

EDIT: I'm saying this because Bahamut is Fang's summon, of course :)

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Seeing as Lightning is in that other world where Etro supposedly is, maybe it's where all the eidolons come from. Of course, it's just speculation at this point, but as other people are supposed to join you, maybe there's other people around that look like the other eidolons?

Just an idea...

LunarSkye

Pro Adventurer
AKA
CL, Prompto
I read somewhere that the Eidolons come from Etro. :monster:

EDIT:
It's in the datalog;

Her Providence sought nothing.
Her Providence made nothing.
She but looked on, silent in Her sorrow.
The Goddess pitied mortals, destined as they were to die, and so She deigned to intervene in the hour of their greatest peril. She averted cataclysm that was to be, and put to rest the ones who would have robbed so many of what time fate had ordained.
Her compassion did not end at this.
The Goddess pitied also those subjected to that fate of Focus, crueler still than death. To them She sent Her messengers, to deliver hope when all was lost.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Purple guy looks like a fucking retard btw.

That outfit is so badly designed it's laughable.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
If that's really based on Fang's original design, thank god they changed it.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Yeah, Fang looks like her design has some actual direction instead of random stupid looking shit that people think looks cool.

Username

Banned
Looks like a new playable character, that might have some connection with Fang. The costume does however resemble a cross between a power ranger and a mutant ninja turtle.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
My thinking is that wherever Lightning is for this game, eidolons and l'cie (if that's what she becomes again) can sort of fuse or use the power of the summons in a way that only gives the l'cie partial power in the form of the armours/suits worn by Lightning and PHG. Just a theory based on PHG's comparison to Bahamut and the out-of-character get-up for Light.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Well, they could have come up with a better way to demonstrate that than those shit designs if that's the case.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
My thinking is that wherever Lightning is for this game, eidolons and l'cie (if that's what she becomes again) can sort of fuse or use the power of the summons in a way that only gives the l'cie partial power in the form of the armours/suits worn by Lightning and PHG. Just a theory based on PHG's comparison to Bahamut and the out-of-character get-up for Light.

Obligatory Odin comparison pic.

10386-550x-ff13-odin-kai.jpg

Final-Fantasy-XIII-2-Lightning-feature.jpg

Your theory would also help explain why Lightning now has a shield.

I like it. :monster:

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Speaking of Nomura, I'm surprised the character doesn't have more belt buckles and/or zippers.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Obligatory Odin comparison pic.

10386-550x-ff13-odin-kai.jpg

Final-Fantasy-XIII-2-Lightning-feature.jpg

Your theory would also help explain why Lightning now has a shield.

I like it. :monster:

Thanks for reminding me how stupid odin's humanoid form looks.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
You're welcome :monster:

Also, SE's japanese page for XIII-2 has been updated with a gallery (mouse over towards the left side of the screen once everything has loaded).

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/ff13-2/

Nothing new, but high quality goodness.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I think at this point folks want some gameplay. Probably be about a year and a half before they get it though :awesome:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Aren't they claiming that this is coming out in Japan by the end of the year?

Not that there's a snowball's chance in hell of that happening, of course. :awesomonster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Well, here's hoping they don't pull a Hideo Kojima and delay the game 3 times :monster:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
Supposed release date is end of 2011.

Top Bottom