Final Fantasy XIII-2

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Yeah but Square's big string of good games in the late 90s they had several teams all making them at once...so I never got the impression that this was the problem.

Obv times change as does hardware and folks adapt accordingly.

You think naughty dog could make those Uncharted games so fast if they were making 4 other games at the same time?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
But Naughty Dog isn't nearly the size of SE...

That...doesn't matter at all.

If you scatter your resources into several different projects it will never be as efficient as focusing all your effort into one.

Last edited:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Knowing that Etro was a fal'Cie too (or so I understood from the FNC video), it doesn't surprise me that much.

Same. Etro is probably the fal'Cie that branded her.

:awesome: I know, I come up with the most obvious of things at times. :P

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
EDIT: The link that I posted to the Famitsu is only half the article; more tomorrow, perhaps. :)
Well hopefully people will start to see me for who I really am, instead of a drunk British idiot.

I never really knew you well, but - if you're serious about contributing, etc., then welcome back. ^_^

LunarSkye

Pro Adventurer
AKA
CL, Prompto
The Final Fantasy XIII-2 part of the interview is story focused, so those who haven't finished FFXIII may want to avoid reading the summary. I ain't spoiler taggin' nothin'.

Famitsu first asked for a recap of how the project came to be. The main reason they decided to make a sequel, said Toriyama, is that there was demand throughout the world. In addition to this, Toriyama and the development staff wanted to portray the Lightning character further. The original FFXIII ended with a lingering question: is Lightning really happy? Final Fantasy XIII-2 will come to a clear conclusion.

The "Episode i" after story novella that was included as a bonus with the first print run of the Japanese Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII serves as the prologue of XIII-2. Famitsu pointed out that Episode i shows the various characters from FFXIII returning to their normal lives. Does this mean that Lightning will be on her own? Also, Famitsu asked, will the purpose of Lightning's new journey be to find a method of helping Vanille and Fang?

Regarding the latter point, Toriyama noted that being helped by the sacrifice of the two characters left a wound in the hearts of everyone. The story will of course show not just Lightning, but the other allies who were hurt by that, Toriyama assured. Additionally, there will be a number of new characters.

Similar to the Dengeki interview, Famitsu's interviewers asked if there would be any Final Fantasy X-2 style dancing and singing in XIII-2. XIII-2 will have have a serious direction, Kitase replied. Toriyama noted that considering Vanille and Fang are gone and the world is in a state where Cocoon had fallen, there's no way for the new story to be totally peaceful. XIII-2 will have a darker and more mysterious side over XIII.

Famitsu asked if XIII-2 will possibly being set in the dark world that Lightning is wandering around in at the end of the Episode i novella. Toriyama responded that the principal setting will be different from that of XIII, but he assured that the FFXIII world will be in the game in some form.

As part of the story of the original, Lightning has lost her l'Cie abilities (summons, casting magic, etc.). In response to this observation from Famitsu, Toriyama joked that perhaps Lightning has become an even more incredible existence than a l'Cie. Famitsu countered that she certainly has become sexier. Toriyama responded that even though she's probably more explosed (I must be missing something here because she doesn't look more exposed to me!), similar to the original, they're valuing her refined and noble qualities. He added that her clothing has a more fantasy feel to it this time, and the design of her weapons and other such items will match.

Commenting on the trailer, Famitsu noted that there's a scene which shows Lightning standing in front of what looks like an alter. That's actually not an altar but a seat, corrected Toriyama, and it has great significance.

Famitsu also pointed out that when Lighthing and the mysterious new guy shown in the trailer line up back to back, they look like angel and devil. "Which is the angel and which is the devil?" joked Toriyama. He added, Lightning has a new mission this time, and as she attempts to fulfill this mission, she'll end up in a confrontation with the guy. He's a powerful character who can fight on equivalent ground with Lightning, the hero who saved the world.

One final point: if you have Final Fantasy XIII save data, you may want to hold on to it. The team is investigating the possibility of giving something to players who have save data in place.
http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13879

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
What demand was there for a sequel?

Pah, just admit you didn't know what to do with FF15, or any original project.

LunarSkye

Pro Adventurer
AKA
CL, Prompto
IIRC, they said they'd make a sequel if the fans wanted one.

@Arianna
Thanks. I'd change it, but my mom just made me get off my laptop. /cellphone

Username

Banned
Famitsu first asked for a recap of how the project came to be. The main reason they decided to make a sequel, said Toriyama, is that there was demand throughout the world

Surely not.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
The main reason they decided to make a sequel, said Toriyama, is that there was demand throughout the world.

Not in this part of the world, bro.

Oh wait, their world ends at the Japanese shores.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
To quell the worries/wants of people out there:

It looks like the old characters (Sazh, Snow, Hope, Serah) will be featured. :)

IIRC, they said they'd make a sequel if the fans wanted one.

@Arianna
Thanks. I'd change it, but my mom just made me get off my laptop. /cellphone

Don't worry. :)

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
It looks like the old characters (Sazh, Snow, Hope, Serah) will be featured. :)

But what about the lesbians? The lesbians!?

Really though, I'm happy to hear that they'll be in it and that the original FFXIII world will also be involved.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
I think most folks any bit interested in XIII-2 really are just waiting for Fanille to come back. I know I am. Intensely.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
But what about the lesbians? The lesbians!?

Really though, I'm happy to hear that they'll be in it and that the original FFXIII world will also be involved.

They say that everyone involved were very hurt by the fact that Vanille and Fang had to sacrifice themselves, and their lives, yet again.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
That...doesn't matter at all.

If you scatter your resources into several different projects it will never be as efficient as focusing all your effort into one.

It DOES matter, it'll be hard to fund those resources if you cut your income come in five, FFXII, FVXIII, Type 0, KH3D, DD: FF and what ever else all bringing in teh money is what makes them big.

(I must be missing something here because she doesn't look more exposed to me!),

Did you miss the part that most of her ass is sticking out now? The only part that her old outfit showed that this didn't is her navel piercing.

Anyway since we now know that 1. rather then accepting this and being happy, the world cannot be at peace and our other characters are very much hurt by their loss, 2. Rather then going to live peaceful lives, the other characters will be making appearances in surprsing forms and will be included in the story rather then going back to school/making money to send son/wife to school and 3. the story will begin on Pulse even though Serah and Snow saw Lightning disappear into thin air, is it save to assume that everything Episode 1 told us was absolute bullcrap?

Last edited:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
After looking at that picture again, and considering what I think the words she speaks in the trailer, I'm wondering if it's possible Lindzei could have something to do with her new l'Cie-hood...

And another thing I think is interesting...

Orphans first form: http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/2/2d/Orphan_First_Form.png

PHG's Outfit Detail (though, there are better): http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/NebetSeta/Screenshot2011-01-28at41508AM.png

Similar sword shape (except the slant and point direction), similar color. Meaning??? Also he wears a neck scarf, which reminds me a lot of Menrva's own 'scarf' around her neck (the owl).

Maybe it's nothing...

Vendel

Banned
You know, I totally saw Lightning as the type to settle down and start a family and leave the fighting to Hope.

Way to ruin her character SE.

Top Bottom