Final Fantasy XIII Non-Spoiler Thread

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I firmly believe it's because of the high stress levels that the average japanese male sustains that they feel a strong need to be able to be in a controlling relationship of some sort, and because of their low self-esteem brought upon them by overdemanding bosses slash jobs slash culture they have trouble getting their tiny, tiny weeners up without some specific feeling of power which, as all you child molesters out there know, can only be achieved by depicting young children getting brutally raped by tentacles and/or stereotypical tough guys and/or chicks with dicks, resulting in loli, Bible Black, FFXIII, and a fetish with schoolgirl outfits, which in turn brings said overworked stressed-out japanese male back to his schoolgoing years in which he sustained too much parental pressure in school to be able to join his friends in fucking with hot teenage schoolgirls, which resulted in massive sexual frustration and/or wanking at that time, and a fixation on aforementioned teenage schoolgirls, only then with additional rape and/or violence and/or tentacles.

Sumry: loli?

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I firmly believe it's because of the high stress levels that the average japanese male sustains that they feel a strong need to be able to be in a controlling relationship of some sort, and because of their low self-esteem brought upon them by overdemanding bosses slash jobs slash culture they have trouble getting their tiny, tiny weeners up without some specific feeling of power which, as all you child molesters out there know, can only be achieved by depicting young children getting brutally raped by tentacles and/or stereotypical tough guys and/or chicks with dicks, resulting in loli, Bible Black, FFXIII, and a fetish with schoolgirl outfits, which in turn brings said overworked stressed-out japanese male back to his schoolgoing years in which he sustained too much parental pressure in school to be able to join his friends in fucking with hot teenage schoolgirls, which resulted in massive sexual frustration and/or wanking at that time, and a fixation on aforementioned teenage schoolgirls, only then with additional rape and/or violence and/or tentacles.

I lmao'd

Tifaeria

Hello again! 8D
AKA
Roxy Lalonde, Black Canary, Princess Vampira, Ah-Choo, Cutie-Aoide

That is the best summary yet! You deserve a cookie monster!

:hugemonster:

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
Lol, Cthulhu :awesome:

Btw, I was quite shocked to find out that Lightning was voiced by Maaya Sakamoto, who did Aerith's voice. She sound so different, I would've never guessed!

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Sakamoto has a great range, imo.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Wasn't there someone out there who said that Sakamoto (voice of Aerith) being the voice for Lightning (supposed female version of Cloud) was Clerith evidence?

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
Wasn't there someone out there who said that Sakamoto (voice of Aerith) being the voice for Lightning (supposed female version of Cloud) was Clerith evidence?

I heard Clerith saying that Lightning being pink-haired was an evidence. :aah:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Please keep that nutty pink shit out of this thread. This thread has been dragged through hell enough.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
As I'm sure I'm not the only one, but just in case...

Would anyone like me to scan the magazine articles I have regarding XIII (not Versus or Agito)?

Cloud x Aerith shippers are now saying Lightning is proof of Clerith? Ugh... :(

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Btw, I was quite shocked to find out that Lightning was voiced by Maaya Sakamoto, who did Aerith's voice. She sound so different, I would've never guessed!

Really? Nice, maybe if we're lucky Mena Suvari will play Lightning over here. She's got even better range than Sakamoto and could give Lightning a whole new dynamic! They did it with Reno and Axel in both languages!:awesome:

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
While we're waiting for the news or stuff to be released, I thought about posting this pretty fanart here. :whistle:

FF_XIII_Maid_Cafe_by_Quiss.jpg

Pink kawaiiness...

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
The girl closer to us looks freaking demented. Like she wants to suck someone's brain out their ear. :D

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Lightning and her sis just...I'm really gonna enjoy playing this game in high-def. I'll say that much. :awesome:

The fanart is nice, because it features them both in maid outfits. However, the face of Lightning's sister looks like the "awesome" face smilie.

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
You guys sure you wanna give me the green light to post fanart in here? :awesome: I'll spam this thread with it (or maybe not)...

Ok, an old one:
FXN_Final_Fantasy_XIII_Podcast_by_Hardedge_Maelstrom.jpg

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah, they had that on the MEMBERs site, and that it was in LA. Unfortunately they were gone by the time I made my first trip ever there, unless I just didn't find them.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Wow, that's pretty sweet, too bad we'll never see it here...

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-09-final-fantasy/56482
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-09-final-fantasy/56481
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-09-final-fantasy/56479?type=flv

(EDIT: They appear to have taken these videos down...)

Here's some new gameplay, there's a quick glimpse of Odin's "driving" mode at the start of the first one. Pretty sweet that Lightning gets to use what I'm assuming is Gungnir. I like how she hands it back to the horse when the move's over.

The spin attack she keeps spamming is 'Area Frost', in the second video it looks like you can set up pre-set attack patterns for all your AP. Just a guess though.

Also, I can't tell if they're playing the victory theme at the end of the battles or not, I remember some interview saying something about that after the demo came out.
One thing that I THINK might have been changed from the demo (and from FFXII) which is minor but something that bothered me, is the little skidding to a halt animation every time you stopped moving, it made it hard to stop exactly where you want to to activate a switch or something, so I'd be glad to see it go. It was a little ridiculous anyway, it's not like you're running all that fast.

Last edited:

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
Thanks for the video attempt ForceStealer, but they don't work for me. Just open a tab identical to this one. You know why?

No offence, but I think it's kinda a sad day when we're complaining about a half second animation of characters stopping. Even more sad that I agree whole-heartedly. Basch ran like an obese cripple after donuts, but it takes him that long to stop? Really?

Top Bottom