Final Fantasy XIII Non-Spoiler Thread

ForceStealer

Double Growth
That's because those videos are no longer on the site anymore...maybe Square pulled more of their bullshit "DON'T ADVERTISE FOR US YOU FOOLS!" again.

Anyway...I wasn't really complaining, but there's absolutely zero use for it and I wouldn't be sorry to see it go.

These aren't the same ones that were on gametrailers, GT wasn't cam, but same deal. Second one's got the Shiva sisters though, and their strange transformation. The driving mode combat does look intriguing.

Last edited:

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
I think gameplay looks pretty awesome, esp Lightning's part.

I'm also very much intrigued by this Yaag guy. He's an antagonist in the game, though SE made comments about him not being a villain, more just an opponent for the Lightning's party.
And I'm really curious to know what kind of character is he and about his relationship with Lightning, since he used to be her superior when she served in the military. I've got an impression from this new trailer that Yaag is not very happy about fighting Lightning.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well Yaag was said to have a role akin to that of the Turks in FFVII. They were opponents to the main party, yes, but they weren't really villains, imho.

Or Fujin and Raijin in FFVIII. They really only do what they do because they are loyal to Seifer out of friendship, not because they themselves are evil.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well Beatrix actually joined up with you halfway through the game, so I didn't really think to count her. :P

x6ahr4.jpg

OMG WANT

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
*dies* I. WANT. THAT. SO. BAD.

If I were to import a Japanese PS3 would I be able to set the language to English?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yes, while I was in Japan I set the PS3 I used there to English, I'm not sure if you'd run into other complications though. You wouldn't run into region problems with Blu-Rays, probably would with DVDs, though that's not a huge deal.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well DVD players are cheap, that and I do have a perfectly-functioning PS2 that I don't plan on getting rid of.

For some reason I really haven't been wanting to get a PS3, really. I think Sony had really shitty marketing that kind of made me not want it. But if I could get this, that would be different.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I never noticed the design on Snow's back until just now. It looks to only appear during battle. He doesn't have it out of battle.

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
New scan:
sera-vanille-scan-sept-09.png

Heh, these girls all look like sisters...
I actually like Vanille's design, but Serah... Am I the only one who's getting this Mary Sue vide? She'd better be more interesting as a character, otherwise she's an epic fail. :huh:
I have no idea what you're saying.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I suppose he's trying to say that she looks like she's going to be a worthless character. I would agree.

She looks more and more stupid every time I see her.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I always thought that Vanille looked really young but next to Serah she looks old.

Also yeah I'm getting a "useless character" vibe off of Serah but then I also get a "not much screen time" vibe as well.

And yeah Vanille does look like a third sister to the other two. :monster:

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. Is my English that illegible? Damn. Sorry about that.

I always thought that Vanille looked really young but next to Serah she looks old.

I don't think they both look good on that screencap.

but then I also get a "not much screen time" vibe as well.

I think she's going to be an important character, so who knows...

And yeah Vanille does look like a third sister to the other two.:monster:

And that upsets me a bit, to be honest. The game looks really good so far and I don't want it to be spoiled with cliche all look alike characters...

I think SE should try and make more diverse looking characters, escpecially when it comes to females. Make Oriental, Indian, African, Native-American etc looking characters... Really, it's a bit sad. As much as I appreciate my own race Im getting tired of seeing the same type of faces in FF girls. [/rant]

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I think SE should try and make more diverse looking characters, escpecially when it comes to females. Make Oriental, Indian, African, Native-American etc looking characters... Really, it's a bit sad. As much as I appreciate my own race Im getting tired of seeing the same type of faces in FF girls. [/rant]
SE has all of two looks for people: white or black dudes. That's about it, really.

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
Sorry for the double post, but I just had this curious thought (which is probably not new, but anyway):

There're a few interesting parallels between FFXIII and VII.
As we know Lightning is supposed to be the female version of Cloud. But then I was looking at XIII's screencaps and thought that if Lightning resembles Cloud, then Jihl definitely looks like Sephiroth.
augfamdf1.jpg

c_06_04.jpg

Then, Jihl is PSICOM commander - Sephy is SOLDIER general;
Lightning was PSICOM soldier - Cloud was SOLDIER 1st Class (or at least he believed he was >_>)...

If considering Lightning and Jihl's appearence plus these little facts, those make an interesing parallels between two games.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Jilh doesnt look like Sephiroth at all.

The only thing they have in common is black and long hair man.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Nor was Lightning a PSICOM soldier, she was more just a regional military police for the neighboorhood where she lives. Jihl doesn't know her.

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
Jilh doesnt look like Sephiroth at all.

To me she does. Not like a clone, though. Just in the same way Lightning looks like Cloud.

Nor was Lightning a PSICOM soldier, she was more just a regional military police for the neighboorhood where she lives. Jihl doesn't know her.

I read that she was and served under Yaag's command. I have to check the source again then.

And nor was Sephiroth a SOLDIER General during FF7.

Im well aware of that. But he was once a SOLDIER General (presumably when Cloud used to be a SOLDIER too (and yes Im aware that Cloud never made it into SOLDIER)).

And what about the other FF "races" too, like viera? :/

I guess we were talking about human races. You don't see many ladies with bunny ears prancing around... unless you live in Hugh Hefner's house. -_-

Top Bottom