Final Fantasy XIII Non-Spoiler Thread

null.

Pro Adventurer
Totally. The whole game should have been in Midgar. Just add the Gold Saucer (why the fuck is it in the desert anyway?) and have the Forgotten City + "Promised Land" underground.

Every other location was irrelevant.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Midgar was pretty goddamn awesome.

The rest of the plot was only interesting when exploring the characters' pasts and thoughts.

null.

Pro Adventurer
True. And they could have done that in Midgar, too. No reason Cloud couldn't have grown up next to Tifa in Sector 4.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I did like the looming apocalypse feel in the 3rd disc. I never had an overworld make me feel so hopeless before.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Yeah, but it wasn't the same. FFVII pulled it off a lot better for me.

null.

Pro Adventurer
They did an equally great job of capturing despair. They were different, though. FFVI, the world was destroyed, but people survived and were learning to cope. FF7 was like walking down the green mile. Imagine looking in the sky and seeing the Moon loom with the diameter of a skyscraper. I'd go insane with terror.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Yeah, Meteor looming in the sky was fucking bananas for an rpg back then.

Especially with that music, and then when you take to the skies or sea, there's fucking giant monsters flying around and shit

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Imagine looking in the sky and seeing the Moon loom with the diameter of a skyscraper. I'd go insane with terror.

majoras-mask-wallpaper.jpg

;p. Not only was that moon fit to destroy the world, it was gonna do it with a giant grin.

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Meh, spending a few hours training chocobo always took the edge off for me. Now World of Ruin was nonstop everlovingly depressing up to the exact point you get the airships, Setzer makes everything better.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Serah is a LOT older then I thought. She must be 19ish. She sure as hell doesn't look it.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
So lightning always had the twig legs.

I find this odd given she has some mass on her arms, looks awkward.

Snow looks better in the artwork.

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
So lightning always had the twig legs.

I find this odd given she has some mass on her arms, looks awkward.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Maybe SE just didn't want Lightning to appear to masculine?...
But her arms look great and they certainly could have made her legs a bit more toned up.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
To bring up a post that was ignored earlier...how will Carbuncle's disk form affect gameplay? All the other eidolons change into vehicles you can ride, Carbuncle turns into a disk so how will that work?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Maybe SE just didn't want Lightning to appear to masculine?...
But her arms look great and they certainly could have made her legs a bit more toned up.

Chun Li has quite a bit of mass on her legs and she doesn't look masculine.

In fact adding more tone to her upper body would make her look more masculine.

Not saying she should have buff legs or anything, they're just weirdly thin.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
To bring up a post that was ignored earlier...how will Carbuncle's disk form affect gameplay? All the other eidolons change into vehicles you can ride, Carbuncle turns into a disk so how will that work?

I'm not sure that disk is his other form, I just thought that's the method of summoning him, the same way Lightning uses that rose to summon Odin.

And Midgar IS cool, but 50 hours all in one city would have been pretty dumb, IMO. And man, Drake, you really have it in for Sephiroth, huh?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
And Midgar IS cool, but 50 hours all in one city would have been pretty dumb,
Yeah because it's not like any other games have managed to do this and still have a compelling story, graphics, and battle system.

I'm not saying all of FF7 should have taken place in Midgar, but calling the possibility of it "dumb" is pretty silly. It could have been just as awesome, and all the more unique for it.

Midgar was fucking huge, and we never got to explore the majority of it.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I call the possibility dumb. And I guess I'm a pretty silly guy.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah because it's not like any other games have managed to do this and still have a compelling story, graphics, and battle system.

Have any 50 hour RPGs?

Midgar was fucking huge, and we never got to explore the majority of it.

I agree with this, I'd love to see more of Midgar, and Crisis Core made it feel really small. (Which I don't really fault it for, the UMD only has so much space, but still)

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I call the possibility dumb. And I guess I'm a pretty silly guy.

Yeah yea, hahha you're so funny.

Have any 50 hour RPGs?

Yeah, RPGs have done it before(right now I'm thinking WRPGS tho), and FF7 isn't really a 50 hour RPG the game can be beaten pretty thoroughly in 30-40 hours.

GTA 4 takes place in one city, the entire game and it's got about 100 hours of gameplay you can get out of it, with an awesome story, characters, and shitloads of things to do.

I don't see why FF7 couldn't have past developer talent. Midgar had a SHITLOAD of potential.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

Carbuncle and Ifrit seem to be completely different types of summons. I wonder whether those will even be summoned during gameplay.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
, RPGs have done it before(right now I'm thinking WRPGS tho), and FF7 isn't really a 50 hour RPG the game can be beaten pretty thoroughly in 30-40 hours.

You can, easily, but I was figuring most of us spent about that much time with the first time we played it.

And GTA's still a very different kind of game, with a different kind of story. I know you want FF to innovate, but I'm pretty sure they will always stick to a story that threatens the entire world which would generally call for you leaving the city.
I'm not saying they absolutely couldn't do it. I'm just saying it would be a very different game, maybe a good one, true. But looking at it as compared to FF7 as it is now, I thought it sounded dumb, in my opinion.

Top Bottom