Final Fantasy XIII Non-Spoiler Thread

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
I have a PS3 and Xbox.
Just in case.

Though I've only pre-ordered the 360 special edition, mainly for achievements. <3

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I have a PS3 and Xbox.
Just in case.

Though I've only pre-ordered the 360 special edition, mainly for achievements. <3

Shoulda got it for PS3. They gimped the 360's visuals. But I suppose a fangirl like you can overlook that.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I really don't understand the point of achievements, it'd be one thing if they actually unlocked something, but they don't.

And Tenn, get one!

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I've found myself slightly tempted by the 360 bundle pack.

If I knew I could mod it to play software from other regions and not mess anything up, I'd be fully tempted.

I don't have a PS3 yet! D:
Also get one so I can add you to my friends list and send you pictures of cats.

I really don't understand the point of achievements, it'd be one thing if they actually unlocked something, but they don't.
Getting certain trophies in the PS3 version gets you custom XMB themes, I don't know if they're going to incorporate that into the 360 version. I can't see why they wouldn't include some version of it.

It's still not a massive thing, but still. It's not nothing.

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
will probably buy this game after I get Pokemanz SoulSilver.

IT COMES WITH A PEDOMETER

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
I will be playing this game late, thanks in part to an awesome $200 worth of bank fees.

turns out when you lose that kind of money things like buying a PS3 must be put off. :sadpanda:

in other news I am feeling special because I can still translate bits and pieces of the final boss theme :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I may buy a 360 and/or a PS3 in the near future, if I still have money left after moving, and I feel the urge to spend more of it, :monster:. Which I only have maybe once every few years.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I don't know, but if you reserve your game at GameStop you get a special little booklet with sample pages from the guide. I was like, wut?

Collector's guide looks nice, though. I wonder if I should buy two copies and keep one to sell later.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
You get to take the sample pages home when you order instead of waiting until you get the game, if that's anything. Who knows what all could be going on. :P

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Collector's guide looks nice, though. I wonder if I should buy two copies and keep one to sell later.

Not sure about this one, actually. I mean sure, original copies of FFI will sell for heaps and then some, but modern-day, popular games? Don't think its value / rarity will increase much over the next ten years or so, if at all.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Not sure about this one, actually. I mean sure, original copies of FFI will sell for heaps and then some, but modern-day, popular games? Don't think its value / rarity will increase much over the next ten years or so, if at all.

I think she's talking about the guide.

Which does look pretty sexy.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
@Tet: Has Piggyback done the European guides in the past?

The collector's guide is a hardcover coffee-table style book. They will each be individually numbered. Seems nice to me. :)

Top Bottom