Final Fantasy XIII Non-Spoiler Thread

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
My flatmates just saw an ad for FFXIII on TV.
They have now proceeded to jeer at me.
fml

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I saw an ad for FFXIII on the side of a bus and was disappointed that it wasn't going where I needed to go.

But at least I finally got my soundtrack order sorted out :awesome:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Looks like Mako's finally played FFXIII and begun his review:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9TsjjG9X2s
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YDhIkrQDug
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJSRnrD5p5g
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ExJNWk8eJg

:awesome:

And, yes, it's still not done yet. It seems a part 5 will be forthcoming.

I actually suggest starting with part 2, listening for the first two or three minutes to get the tone of things, and then going back to start with the first part.

The review is pretty entertaining at times. More so if you drink a lot while you watch, as I did. Even without, though, the guy occasionally says some pretty funny shit.

Expect lots of cussing, by the way.

EDIT: Oh, and there's a few spoilers, I guess. Not really big, though, in my opinion. At least not if you've payed attention to trailers and most preview material that's come out by now.

Last edited:

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
030410_FFXIII_supreview_obs1--article_image.jpg

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
You mean like the giant freaking thing grabbing one of those monsters and he called it a fal'cie I think in the opening moments of the video? I'd say that's a bit more than gameplay.

I didn't consider that a spoiler at all. :monster:

At least no more so than panning the camera around the Calm Lands would be.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I didn't think so, really. Maybe I'm just to used to knowing what happens at this point? Gameplay spoilers maybe, but that's it, really. The rest of it seemed like stuff in the trailers and basic premise material..
Maybe this is where my not having watched many trailers comes in handy, then :awesome: I was just basing it on stuff I thought were spoilery. Maybe there isn't a 'shitload', but I'm still going to say there was.

But it shows crystal Cid like 5 times in one video. And I consider Titan to be a spoiler because it ruins the awesomeness of seeing it for the first time, when you see it in cam footage with some guy motherfuckering all the way through, and also user title is there for a reason :awesome:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Maybe this is where my not having watched many trailers comes in handy, then :awesome: I was just basing it on stuff I thought were spoilery. Maybe there isn't a 'shitload', but I'm still going to say there was.

You just love being wrong, don't you? :awesome:

hito said:
But it shows crystal Cid like 5 times in one video.

Yeah, but you can't tell it's him if you don't already know. Looks like Seymour instead.

hito said:
And I consider Titan to be a spoiler because it ruins the awesomeness of seeing it for the first time, when you see it in cam footage with some guy motherfuckering all the way through ...

I suppose that's a legitimate concern, though I've seen him in quite a few preview images on websites and in a couple of reviews anyway.

hito said:
... and also user title is there for a reason :awesome:

Because
you're lame? :awesome:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Yeah, we have a spoiler thread, you know. :monster:

I do not appreciate lots of posts that just go

(SPOILER)

(SPOILER)

(SPOILER)

(YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO CLICK ME EVEN IF YOU'RE GOING TO HATE YOURSELF AFTERWARDS)

(CLICK ME, YOU WEAK-WILLED BITCH)

etc.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
You just love being wrong, don't you? :awesome:
:gtfo:

And the same for you second point.

I suppose that's a legitimate concern, though I've seen him in quite a few preview images on websites and in a couple of reviews anyway.
Those preview images can go fuck themselves.

Because you're lame? :awesome:
Direct your attention to the Vanille above.

I agree with many sentiments expressed in this review.

dealwithit.gif

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
OMG I CLICKED A SPOILER BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WOULDN'T REALLY BE A SPOILER BECAUSE I THOUGHT I WAS SAFE IN THIS THREAD!!!!!! D:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-final-fantasy-xiii-face-off

Whelp, it looks like SE really did bork the port. I already knew it, but damn. Especially when it could have wound up looking just as good if not better than the PS3 version.

Looks like SE too the easy way out. Goddamn the quality difference in those movies is ridiculous. There are dozens of compression methods that wouldn't have compromised the quality so much.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time

Hmm.... (review quotes in spoilers)

"The Final Fantasy series has never truly given the player freedom in a role-playing sense, and every major plot point in each Final Fantasy story (FFXI excepted, obviously) has been 100% fixed."

Thank you! I said that before did I not?

"It's not so much that FFXIII doesn't have towns, but rather it doesn't have the usual JRPG structure of town-dungeon-town-dungeon-boss repeat. Oh, there are towns in FFXIII, the beautiful beach town of Bodhum and the abandoned, overgrown Oerba for example, but they're not RPG towns as such."

I'm okay with *that*, sort of how FF12 worked when you think about it.

"After awhile you'll probably decide not to bother with summons at all, especially since they're not powerful enough to really be essential in battle."

Unfortunately it seems that too is like FF12. *sigh*, oh, for the glory days of FFX when we got the best summoning system the series has ever had...

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Just read the trophy list. It's gonna take a long time getting the platinum trophy. One of the gold trophies requires you to beat all 64 monster hunts. With a 5-star ranking for each. :awesome:

Top Bottom