Final Fantasy XIII Spoiler Thread (SPOILERS)

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
All right, Bex, or someone who beat it, how the hell do you beat Proudclad? The second time of course, when he's a CHEAP BASTARD. I love the FF7 reference and all, but he just keeps healing himself, and then just overwhelms me eventually anyway. I've leveled a bit but to know avail. I've been using Lightning, Fang, and Hope to do lots of physical damage.

And how many times does Yaag have to die anyway?! :rage:

Start off with protection, buff up all your party members.
When he's on the ground, go go combat clinic, or if you're feeling secure, delta attack/mystic tower. When it's staggered - same thing, delta attack it.
Just before stagger is over -> combat clinic to prepare for retaliatory strike. After that's over, refresh all your buffs with protection and start again.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Same. She's as cute as a button, but that voice... nails on a chalkboard. I started to get used to it towards the end, though. A little.

The actress has a beautiful voice when talking normally. I don't know why they made her put that highpitched voice, as if she was a girl of five :huh:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Start off with protection, buff up all your party members.
When he's on the ground, go go combat clinic, or if you're feeling secure, delta attack/mystic tower. When it's staggered - same thing, delta attack it.
Just before stagger is over -> combat clinic to prepare for retaliatory strike. After that's over, refresh all your buffs with protection and start again.

So its just gonna be a long battle? Okay, I'll give it a shot tonight, thanks.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
Yeah, I was thinking about maybe actually contributing something to this site by writing a Boss Guide.
Thoughts?

Starting to play through it again on PS3, so would need to know yay or nay soon.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Don't see why not, your strategy worked for that one :monster: And this game has some pretty tough bosses if you're not prepared. The first Barthandelus fight, for example.
So yeah, I think its a good idea!

And did you really buy a second copy of the game?

Crimson Wolf

Ferfnir
AKA
SSBMaster and Blue Wolf are my other two names I've gone by mainly.
I know Hope is best suited as a Synergist, but could he make for a good Saboteur, too, with his high Magic statistic?

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
Cool_story_bro.jpg

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I would say 360 looks better in-game though.

It doesn't though. DO I NEED MY COMPARISON LINKS AGAIN? THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT

ForceStealer

Double Growth
by now I have more points on my PS3 e-pen0r than on 360, so even if I did care about that crap, I think I'd have gotten it for PS3 anyway...

Vossler

Voss da boss bitch
AKA
Nightmare,race driver,steel tormenter
Don't see why not, your strategy worked for that one :monster: And this game has some pretty tough bosses if you're not prepared. The first Barthandelus fight, for example.
So yeah, I think its a good idea!

And did you really buy a second copy of the game?
Yeah tell me about it. I'm at that point right now. It took me 4 times to finally beat Barthandelus. So yeah it's best to be prepared. Make sure everyone has haste protect and bravery at least.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Another question Bex, I know when you beat the game and get a complete file you can keep leveling and questing and such. Can you fight the final boss again? (you know, for that 5-star trophy in case I didn't get it and wanted to later)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I haven't tried it myself, but I think it just drops you off right before the final battle, so you can go back and fight it again. (When you load the save you're right in front of the last boss area.)

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
Yeah, it drops you right before the boss again, at the save point - except the door to the boss is open rather than closed.
So you get the option to go back to the Narthex and teleport to Gran Pulse, Edenhall and...somewhere else I can't remember.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
I'm currently on Chapter 11, I want to progress the story a bit but still be able to return to the plains of Pulse to do some of the Cie'th stones. Where is the point of no return?

I assume I've got a way to go yet, but I just want to be sure...

ForceStealer

Double Growth
You'll be able to return up until you go back to Cocoon, and once you do that, you can come back right before the final dungeon.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Son of a bitch these last couple Cie'th missions suck!

I've had trouble with Gigantuar for awhile now. But this one with two Raktuj...whatever they are(EDIT: Raktavija)...dammit!

Top Bottom