Final Fantasy XIII Spoiler Thread (SPOILERS)

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
No. I wasn't impressed. I mean, it was okay. But nothing too grand imo.

At least there was a naked Fanille crystal. :awesome:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
By the way.

Orphan dead. Cocoon falls, shit stops working.

What about the gravity and people living on the upper inside of Cocoon? :awesome:
Wouldn't they just fall to their deaths? :P

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
For what I understood, PSICOM and the Guardian Corps began to evacuate the population right after Rosch gave the order. I'm sure not everyone could be saved, but still...

But I wonder what happened to those who remained when Cocoon was crystalized :/

ForceStealer

Double Growth
By the way.

Orphan dead. Cocoon falls, shit stops working.

What about the gravity and people living on the upper inside of Cocoon? :awesome:
Wouldn't they just fall to their deaths? :P

That is an interesting thought, I'm not sure.
As stated though, no one said everyone lived. Just everyone didn't die.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Guess this is more appropriate for here than the other thread.

http://www.i-mezzo.net/log/2010/10/03233101.html

FFXIII Ultimania Omega came out a couple of days ago. There's no gameplay/strategy guide stuff, just story/design/background stuff.

Contents listed there are story boards, 200 pages of concept art and design images (some with comments from the staff), all the field quotes the characters can say, more stuff about the writing/languages in the game, details on the merchandise, interview with Kitase and Toriyama (including some talk about the scrapped plans for DLC), and a guide to the story including images and dialogue.

From the comments, someone who read it mentioned hoping for a 'complete' version, with what I assume was stuff mentioned in the book (some of it already known, but some new to me at least). Stuff like a DLC dungeon, a dungeon for fal'Cie Nemesis, the area around Lightning's home and Nautilus, and a battle at Sulyya Springs (I guess fal'Cie Bismarck?).

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Stuff like a DLC dungeon, a dungeon for fal'Cie Nemesis, the area around Lightning's home and Nautilus, and a battle at Sulyya Springs (I guess fal'Cie Bismarck?).

Yes please, though I doubt it will ever happen now.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Yes please, though I doubt it will ever happen now.
I'm still upset there is no DLC, considering that it has my favorite battle system. What a bunch of shit.

OLDTOPIC LOL

That is an interesting thought, I'm not sure.
As stated though, no one said everyone lived. Just everyone didn't die.
IMO, this was kind of foreshadowed in the early chapters when the fa'lcie was killed and crystalized the lake. Lightning and co made out okay, and no one knew why. It could be their l'cie think but Snow theorized it was Serah.

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
FFXIII Ultimania Omega came out a couple of days ago. There's no gameplay/strategy guide stuff, just story/design/background stuff.

Lemme guess: no translation, right? I wish SE stopped treating those outside Japan as second-rate fans :/

Splintered

unsavory tart
Dahj is pretty much the cutest computer-generated child ever conceived.
He has a few uncanny valley moments, but there are times I got to agree. Dajh is pretty adorable. One of the few characters I wished they showed us more of. The other being Rygdea.

The others are meh.

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
He has a few uncanny valley moments, but there are times I got to agree. Dajh is pretty adorable. One of the few characters I wished they showed us more of. The other being Rygdea.

The others are meh.

I only agree with this part of your post. Should I thank it or not? :monster:

Guardian Corps' regular uniforms look awesome! I wonder why they weren't shown in game :(

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Translate it for us and TLS could help pay for it I'm sure :monster: Mako won't, but he can shove it, its good to add to our collection.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
HEY WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THAT FFVI PROJECT, GUYS?!

You fuckers have attention spans that make goldfish look gifted.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I was waiting to see what was going on with Mog's playthrough thing.

Also I'm been trying to sort out FFVII stuff (and other things) I had laying around/moving to this computer but I can't get the files to open so I have to use another computer to open them first and sort it out.

Also life stuff to sort out.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
Vsj78.png
i'm pretty sure it says koibito

ForceStealer

Double Growth
That was a very interesting read actually, thanks a lot. A lot of those are systemic problems that will need to be addressed, others, such as designing the engine simultaneously, can easily be avoided in the future. I think its a pretty good sign that at least Toriyama recognizes where things went wrong (and where things went right). I know XIII's quite the whipping boy, but considering there were problems as huge as the team didn't actually agree on a concept during development, and didn't have time to make adjustments based on player tests, the game turned pretty good.

Now, XIV there's just no excuse for. Toriyama and the developers' defense is that they didn't work on it. All the problems with that game (outsourcing, unfinished, not fun, etc.) are undoubtedly due to upper management. And by upper management I of course mean Yoichi Wada.

Last edited:
Top Bottom