Final Fantasy XIII Spoiler Thread (SPOILERS)

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Good that she left them. Annoying characters are annoying, and if it means SE will finally give her a true background, and a true heroine role, then why not? :awesome:

But, it might just be her being summoned for Duodecim though XD

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
But, it might just be her being summoned for Duodecim though XD

I was thinking perhaps a lead in to FFXIII-2. But you're explanation is equally as good XD

Splintered

unsavory tart
Could be which would further prove the theory that Dissidia is part of everyon'e canon.

But the rumor mill has been spouting that a FFXIII-2 is coming, which wouldn't be entirely unlikely considering that the two previous console games before it got a sequel (X-2 and Revenant Wings).

That and the image the person has of Lightning (the one signed by Nomura) also says "She must not be forgotten" which sounds like an attempt at early viral marketing.

tldr: Could be Dissidia, but imo- more likely gearing up for a sequel.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Oh no. *pulls out umbrella* Prepare for the TLS shitstorm Splintered.

Although, I'm still dubious of that, why cancel DLC if they were gonna make a sequel? Furthermore, the XIII story already has 3 games tied to it...which are, apparently, significantly less related than I thought. But even if they do, I'm sure it'll be for DS like the last one.

Splintered

unsavory tart
why cancel DLC if they were gonna make a sequel?
To put in the next game? Or that they wanted to start on XIII-2. Or they are kind of fixed in their ways and just don't like DLC (they indicated that beforehand they released XIII irc- that XIII was a complete game and didn't need add-ons)

Though I could see that it could be Dissidia. Or just a DS/PSP sequel like RW (although I would love for a console sequel because they already have all their renders and the world which would allow for them ton concentrate on towns. The hattle system was my favorite- so heading into a sequel without all the handholding would be awesome.)

Still, even if it was a segue into Dissidia, it seems silly to end what is suppose to be an epilogue with no questions answered, more mystery, the start of a new journey (I think someone said that they were going to try and find a way to save Fang and Vanille- worst idea ever) and a cliffhanger.

So who knows.
Oh no. *pulls out umbrella* Prepare for the TLS shitstorm Splintered.
There's nothing that warms my heart more than the TLS ragefest.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Silly idea: What if they are gonna bunch the heroes of all three worlds despite having stated that said worlds are unrelated? That would make Noctis/Lightning fans quite happy :awesome:

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
What SE really needs to do is go back and make FFXIII longer because there were clearly loads of points and backstory cut out. If not, then have the DLC focus on the history of Pulse and Oerba because there was SO MUCH STORY that could have been there, but wasn't. Also, because I may really, really enjoy Fanille. >>

Splintered

unsavory tart
Noctis/Lightning fans
I never understand how this became popular. Then again I'm in no position to judge Tifa/Lightning.

The world's are kinda related, I guess. They have the same gods. Someone through out the idea that because the novella says that one third of Cocoon died, that whatever gates between the world and the mako opened just enough for Lightning to wander somewhere else. Kind of a stretch, but I like silly ideas.

backstory cut out
Playing Fang and Vanille during the War would be so amazing.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
I never understand how this became popular. Then again I'm in no position to judge Tifa/Lightning.

The world's are kinda related, I guess. They have the same gods. Someone through out the idea that because the novella says that one third of Cocoon died, that whatever gates between the world and the mako opened just enough for Lightning to wander somewhere else. Kind of a stretch, but I like silly ideas.

Yeah, they share the same mythos, though they stated that they were completely different worlds. It's as you said, there could be gates between them.

What if Lightning is the next Maiden who travels the Planet? She would be able to visit deceased enemies and punch some of them, like Jihl

Splintered

unsavory tart
What if Lightning is the next Maiden who travels the Planet? She would be able to visit deceased enemies and punch some of them, like Jihl
I think that FF could always use more Lightning punching people.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Sounds like a set-up for a XIII-2 to me as well, though it feels too early for that to me. Oh well.

The novella doesn't really explain much. In fact, it makes it more confusing because for some reason, Vanille's and Fang's crystalization is different from the one before.

I'm not sure what you mean. It seems the same to me.

To put in the next game? Or that they wanted to start on XIII-2. Or they are kind of fixed in their ways and just don't like DLC (they indicated that beforehand they released XIII irc- that XIII was a complete game and didn't need add-ons)

They actually said that? lolololololololololololololololololol

Splintered

unsavory tart
They actually said that? lolololololololololololololololololol
That's what I read a long time ago. I couldn't find a source if you asked but pretty sure it was legit.

I'm not sure what you mean. It seems the same to me.
Someone translated the first chapter and it said that the previous crystalization put them in a dreamless "sleep." The one they have now, they are perfectly aware of what is going on around the world. It doesn't say why they are aware though.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Yeah, I worded it strangely.

Though if there is a sequel and they revive Fang-Vanille, I'll be kind of pissed. I thought it was a good resolution to their story. tbh, I thought it would be better if they all remained crystalized

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I don't think any of us have any doubt that they'll be back if there's a sequel. I mean, leaving hope for their restoration in the first place had us all thinking it from the start.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
No, I'm all for Lightning wandering in another world :awesome: It does sound like this (hence why it could be summoning to Duodecim).

I know I'm one of the rare, but I really, really, hate Vanille. I only hate Serah more in that game :awesome: (and Snow a bit less XD).

Splintered

unsavory tart
I know I'm one of the rare, but I really, really, hate Vanille. I only hate Serah more in that game :awesome: (and Snow a bit less XD).
No I despise Vanille. I also hate Snow.

But I love Fang, and I think Vanille's story was actually really good. The entire thing happened on Cocoon was because Vanille ran away from being Ragnarok, and Fang was too hasty to become it. Then it ended when after 500 years, they did what they were suppose to do and became Ragnarok, but not by destroying Cocoon like Fang forced herself to do and Vanille ran away from, but saved it instead.

And now they're 2gether4evarsherp, and if that's not one of the most heartwarming and charming cliches then I don't know what is. It seemed appropriate to me.

I'd like to have a sequel that doesn't force them out of their very neat ending, but would rather have something like a dlc, where we get to play their War of Trangression roles.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
As I said early, much of Fang and Vanille's story was left out, period. Damn shame, too, because there was so much room for exploration and gameplay flashbacks and so on. Major example: They showed not a single glimpse of what Oerba used to look like and only mentioned it here and there while they were walking through the ruins.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
A great point. Hard to give a shit about how it looks now without a point of comparison.

FFXIII is filled with big missed opportunities in telling the story.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I didn't hate Vanille, but I found her to be quite annoying. Snow & Fang I could give or take depending on the moment. I didn't have a problem with Serah.

I'd like to have a sequel that doesn't force them out of their very neat ending, but would rather have something like a dlc, where we get to play their War of Trangression roles.

ooooooo. Now I want that too.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Honestly, I loved Vanille. Apparently I'm in the minority here, but I don't give a shit.

I also feel robbed of more moments for Fanille, tbh. Wtb FFXIII: Extended/Director's/Ultimate/International Cut.

Top Bottom