Final Fantasy XIII Spoiler Thread (SPOILERS)

Splintered

unsavory tart
Vanille is one of those polarizing characters, either you hate or love her. I've met very few people who don't care either way.

ooooooo. Now I want that too.
Yes. Playing Oerba back in the day would be interesting, I want to see more of old Gran Pulse, and Fang and Vanille's story on how everything went down. And maybe more background on how everything went to hell.

It was one of the more interesting plot points that they just glossed over.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Am I the only one who didn't mind to seeing Oerba in the past? I thought being surrounded by crystal snow and crawling with Cie'th was enough to feel like it wasn't right. and I really liked that song in the background.

Not that I'd say no to a game with Vanille and Fang in the past.

Episode i talking about Lightning travelling around Gran Pulse made me want a game like that.

It also made me want something set inside Cocoon about the people trapped there after FFXIII.

And to go play the game over again :sadpanda:

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
It also made me want something set inside Cocoon about the people trapped there after FFXIII.

But, could have anyone have survived the crystallization process? And what about the loss of a gravity center? Damn, now you got me curious too.

minimosey

Pro Adventurer
What I've been wondering about are the l'Cie who were crystallized during the War of Transgression--like Vanille and Fang--but on the Cocoon side. I'd love to see if one of them happened to survive Cocoon's drop in their crystal stasis, wake up afterward, and react to what they were fighting for being destroyed in their sleep.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind Fang & Vanille waking up from their stasis in a sequel because 1) the game did imply they eventually would (heck, the basis of the plot alone implies they would) and 2) I always felt like they were a lackluster choice for the "sacrifice".

I get that making a miracle is part of Vanille no longer just wishing but taking charge of things...but I don't know. I got spoilered for the ending beforehand and just thought of course they're the ones who get marked off for an end--their stable attachments with others already got written off 500 years back. I think it would have meant more if one of the others had been involved with it too somehow.

But yeah, anyway. Perfectly fine with them coming back.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Finished reading Episode I.
To me, it looks as if Light was transported to The Dark Margin. I wonder if she would meet Aqua there. Fans would be really pleased :awesome:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
...-their stable attachments with others already got written off 500 years back.

Well, they did mention in the game about seeing Fang and Vanille with them in the future somewhere.

Also, in the prologue, they mention the War of Transgression happened 666 years ago.

minimosey

Pro Adventurer
Oh yeah, I remember reading that and thinking (sarcastically) "PULSE IS SATANIC!1!"

I probably keep thinking 500 years because of VII's epilogue.

minimosey

Pro Adventurer
Actually no, I was thinking that Cocoon people would think Pulse people were satanic since "their attack" was 666 years ago. "Pulse is hell" and all. But you're right that with the whole "nest of vipers" and Lindzhei's portrayal in the Pulse analogues, they're definitely drawing some interesting connections there on the Cocoon side.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Replaying this game right now, and I forgot how much I love the interaction between Sazh and Vanille. I think it's one of my most favourite parts in the entire game.

I'd also forgotten about how fun those 2 minutes you spend stomping around in the giant mecha are. I wonder why they put a mechanic like that in and then only used it that one time. Such a waste. Here's hoping it'll make a comeback in -2.

minimosey

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, Sazh and Vanille's dynamic was definitely a favorite in there. And while there's some things I don't like about the scene in the fiendlord's castle, overall the moment where Sazh confronts Vanille and she starts with "My name is Oerba Dia Vanille" is my favorite dramatic moment in the game.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Replaying this game right now, and I forgot how much I love the interaction between Sazh and Vanille. I think it's one of my most favourite parts in the entire game.

Indeed, that scene where everything comes to a head is intense. Have I repeated lately what a phenomenal job Sazh's English voice actor did?

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I'd also forgotten about how fun those 2 minutes you spend stomping around in the giant mecha are. I wonder why they put a mechanic like that in and then only used it that one time. Such a waste. Here's hoping it'll make a comeback in -2.

Maybe in Versus. The new trailer showed something like it during gameplay.

... There goes another hour of my life, trying to get a perfect score (and treasures!)

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I have no recollection of it whatsoever....

Barely anyone else can either, what with it being so short and there being nothing else like it elsewhere in the game.

We have to get our slamming of FFXIII quota back up since we were actually discussing the plot in that thread about XIII-2. :awesome:

Fangu

Great Old One
I am now 79% on working on the Platinum trophy but I've been awake for 31 hours now and a little dizzy so I have to go to bed. I am missing 5 stars on only two missions, I'm missing 1 Dark Matter and a few Plats to pay for upgrading the Tier 1 weapons for 3 of the characters.

So close. So very close.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I am now 79% on working on the Platinum trophy but I've been awake for 31 hours now and a little dizzy so I have to go to bed. I am missing 5 stars on only two missions, I'm missing 1 Dark Matter and a few Plats to pay for upgrading the Tier 1 weapons for 3 of the characters.

So close. So very close.
Fangu, sleep deprived item farming is the best item farming.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.

So close. So very close.

Almost all of my weapons have been upgraded, and are either at level one max or ready to go on to level three. Some of my accessories are also maxed and moving up or done.

Good work! And, good luck!

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Yeah, I didn't even try to do all that. :monster:

But kudos to those who have. Good luck, Fangu!

YkOwO.gif

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I'm not even a Platinum trophy kinda guy. But when I figured I was about done with XIII, the only trophies I had left were the 5-starring everything, and the items. And there were not too many missions I had left to 5-star. So I figured why not, and went for it.

Farming for the item one is a bitch, especially for someone like me who does not like grinding. But after doing a bunch of really nerdy math in a notebook, I worked out the best efficiency I could find for upgrading stuff. And as for money, I found the Cie'th mission in Taejin's tower that gives you a Moonblossom Seed. The target is RIGHT next to the statue, and can be beaten in about 12 seconds. I think it only took two sittings of that to build up the funds I needed.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
As much as I appreciated the kinetic, high-octane feel of the battle system, the ballsiness involved in its design, and the fact that it makes you work/pay attention -- I simply couldn't stomach doing all those missions, especially with all the level-whoring that would be required.

Maybe if they had been more like XII's Hunts and offered more of a reward than just the sense of accomplishment alone.

AvecAloes

Donator
So I think I'm in Chapter 5 of this, my second playthrough (I'm where Vanille and Sazh get to the Sunleth Waterscape), and I have to say I'm kind of surprised by all of the cut scenes that I just don't remember at all from my first playthrough. Granted, that was 3 years ago now, but I didn't really expect that I would have forgotten so much. I'm also understanding a lot more this time 'round, which I must say I largely attribute to these threads and Force; it's like I know what to look for this time.

Fangu

Great Old One
If it was up to me I think I could have kept going for a few more hours, but my bf told me to go to bed as I was looking really sad and my voice had turned kinda high-pitched and according to him I was using only 40% of my vocabulary :monster:

Farming for the item one is a bitch, especially for someone like me who does not like grinding. But after doing a bunch of really nerdy math in a notebook, I worked out the best efficiency I could find for upgrading stuff. And as for money, I found the Cie'th mission in Taejin's tower that gives you a Moonblossom Seed. The target is RIGHT next to the statue, and can be beaten in about 12 seconds. I think it only took two sittings of that to build up the funds I needed.
Yeah that's a nice place to farm. I spent all night farming the Eden Adamantoise, I think I managed 40 Plats. Spent some on it on upgrading Tier 3 weapons for Light and Hope though. I have a little over 300,000 gil now and it might be enough to complete the upgrading - those Uraninite are doing a number on my gilpocket though. I think I need some Adamantite too.

Going home to more grinding soon :P

Top Bottom