Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
2d0ckpy.jpg

8rQjPgD.jpg

FaI5UkZ.jpg

DLC info from press release:

With FINAL FANTASY XV achieving gold status, development will now shift towards creation of the Season Pass ($24.99) DLC that will provide further content and ways to enjoy FINAL FANTASY XV into the year ahead.

The main focus of the Season Pass is three original episodes that take place during the events of FINAL FANTASY XV. Each episode allows players to take control of one of Noctis’ comrades in all-new adventures that offer unique play styles tailored to each character. Players can explore previously unseen areas filled with new monsters, and even obtain weapons that can later be used in the main game. Episode Gladiolus is the first new character adventure to arrive, and will be followed by Episode Ignis and Episode Prompto. Each episode will be available for purchase individually.

Following the release of the character episodes, Comrades—an expansion pack for FINAL FANTASY XV—will introduce a brand-new online co-op mode for up to four players which features intense battles allowing players to take full control of Noctis, Gladio, Prompto and Ignis as a group. Comrades will be available for separate purchase, and is also included in the Season Pass.

This additional content and character episodes are managed by Haruyoshi Sawatari (Producer, Business Division 2) and overseen by FINAL FANTASY XV Director Hajime Tabata with development led by core members of the FINAL FANTASY XV team.

“Last year I travelled around the world and attended many game events. I felt an amazing passion and sense of expectation towards FINAL FANTASY XV from series fans everywhere,” said Sawatari. “From seeing that I really wanted to make it so that the fans could enjoy the game for longer and evolve and expand it even further. I will take these feelings and give them form, to deliver an amazing experience.”

Last edited:

AvecAloes

Donator
Guys I cannot even handle this trailer. I've watched it 4 times, and there is just so much to take in, so many little things that I'm picking up each time I watch it. Guys.

Guys.

GUYS

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
tMlevBIlRdKhS4zQecIW_Black%20Panther%20i%20dont%20care.jpg

Some people say it's actually spoilerific and confirms that earlier story leaks (which I've also avoided) are true or something so I'm not gonna risk it. :monster:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Some people say it's actually spoilerific and confirms that earlier story leaks (which I've also avoided) are true or something so I'm not gonna risk it. :monster:
Those people didn´t read the video description of said trailer that labels it as a what if.

AvecAloes

Donator
Ok spoiler tagging this stuff because my reactions to the trailer which Tets and maybe other people don't want to watch/know although I don't know if I'll actually end up saying anything coherent because I'm just fangasming all over this trailer right now

These are just random thoughts/observations in list form because sentences are stupid -
Wedding dress
Portrait of Luna and Noct and the two dogs in Luna's room
Why is the bench knocked over?
The dog! Luna's dog from Prompto's Brotherhood episode! With the bandage and everything! ATTENTION TO DETAIL <3<3<3<3
I LOVE all of the scene transitions. Oh my gosh. LOVE THEM.
Every reflective surface shows Luna including when he's running towards the mirror wall and diving into it THAT SCENE GIVES ME CHILLS
NOCTIS VS. LUNA - is it because of the ring? Is he going crazy because wearing it? Did he become like one of the Wall who just destroys indiscriminately? I don't necessarily even think that's what's going on but WHAT IS GOING ON (people who have seen Kingsglaive should understand what I mean here)
WHAT IS GOING ON WITH REGIS? IS HE TALKING TO THAT GENERAL FROM THE MOVIE? IS HE ORCHESTRATING EVERYTHING???

ALSO WHAT IS THE SONG IN THE TRAILER I NEED TO KNOW

Lex

Administrator
@Lul; You need to tone down your level of superiority when people disagree with you, it grates.

A large chunk of the plot was leaked some time ago. In terms of character interaction and "story", that trailer is at least metaphorically related to what happens in the game, if not substantially so. It's only a "what-if" in the sense that Noctis isn't jumping through walls that turn into the ocean while an apocalyptic music track beats in the background, and the CG on display here won't be present in the final game. But everything that happens in that trailer is at least a nod to the story of XV, or it'd be completely pointless.

@Avec, I love the song too. I shazam'd it and it says it's by Ske48 (TeamK II) but that's an all-female j-pop band so I'm a little confused lol. The song title is in Japanese so I can't taipu it.

Lex

Administrator
Just to clear this up, here is a blurb about the trailer:

“Omen” is a conceptual CG cinematic trailer by DIGIC Pictures, inspired by Final Fantasy XV.

A rapidly shifting world, enemies that appear endlessly, gradual loss of abilities… and a madness that brings harm to the beloved fiancée.

This epic production, which can only be described as a nightmare for the struggling Noctis, is a collaboration between Final Fantasy XV and DIGIC Pictures, the world-renowned 3D animation studio that also took part in the creation of Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV.

This beautiful yet violent vision inspired by the world and story of Final Fantasy XV depicts an “omen” for Noctis’ father, King Regis, of a catastrophic future that must be avoided.

You can take it to mean that the trailer is basically Noctis's nightmare, which is accurate. It doesn't mean that nothing in this trailer depicts what's going to happen in the final game.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Square is spending way too much money and effort on this game and everything around it, it's not even funny :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
There are definitely a lot of eggs in this basket. To say nothing of the sunk costs of Versus. Hopefully it pays off for them though. The effort seems to be going into a lot of good places.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I wasn't going to watch this trailer, but after seeing crazy stills of it on Instagram I had to.

Definitely some dark and ominous edits we got here. I hope much of the game can still retain this dark, foreboding sense and hang it over the plot like a fricking sword of Damocles.

The bits at the end intrigued me a whole helluva lot.
I'm assuming it's one of the Lucii speaking to Regis there, but this one sounds a WHOLE lot more disgruntled and, dare I say--murderous--than the ones we met in Kingsglaive. We've barely scratched the surface with these fuckers, I'm guessing.

Lex

Administrator
OK so having watched the trailer a few times and reading some discussions, it's clear that the trailer is essentially Regis's premonition of things that will come to pass on Noctis's journey. There's speculation (which I'm inclined to completely agree with) that this is the reason Regis sends Gladiolus, Prompto and Ignis with Noctis in the first place, because this trailer is basically what would happen if he went alone.

If all of that is true (and I'd be surprised if it isn't), then that's our "what if" scenario. As in, "what if Noctis went alone". So story spoilers can definitely be inferred from this trailer, even if what specifically happens in the trailer doesn't actually happen in the game.

Having said that Tets (and anyone else avoiding it) the first three minutes (up to 3:00 on the YouTube vid) are completely safe spoiler-wise by any stretch of the imagination. It's a very hype thing to watch, and I'd recommend doing so.

Top Bottom